Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CMR E-Mail tune

Go down 
+2
ttruckinon
Jagdcharger
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jagdcharger
CAMM Member
Jagdcharger

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2009, 6:27 pm

With mods such as, CAI, 180 Stat, short headers and high flow cats and 3in catbacks is this a good mod for the money? HHP wants $275 for a level II tune, Are there other companys doing this. I like to hear from somebody who has had this done.....I've just about exhausted my Mod funds for the year and I want the most for the cash that I have left.

Jagd
Back to top Go down
ttruckinon
CAMM Pro
ttruckinon

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2009, 7:28 pm

Diablo Predator is the best bang for the buck. With several canned tunes it also lets you change parameters like rev limits, shift points and shift firmness. You can also correct your speedometer for tire size. So while it does cost more than your one time tune it does much more.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2009, 7:48 pm

It sounds like he has a predator, and HHP is going to e-mail him a custom tune. If thats the case, I dont know anyone who has done a cmr tune. Most of the guys myself included went and got dyno-tuned. You could probably get dyno-tuned for about $400.00, so if you could save up the extra cash it will be worth it imo.
Back to top Go down
Jagdcharger
CAMM Member
Jagdcharger

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2009, 8:11 pm

Yeah, I have a predator running a 93 octane CAI tune. There's no dyno even close to here as far as I'm aware of and I know there are not any Hemi tuners. I would really like to shave a few tenth's off my e.t.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2009, 9:19 pm

Dyno tune.... period... the end....
Back to top Go down
Jagdcharger
CAMM Member
Jagdcharger

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2009, 9:32 pm

elcobra44 wrote:
Dyno tune.... period... the end....

Ok then....If you know of a place within 150 miles and less than $400 i might be able to swing it
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 7:44 am

Modern Muscle is usally running a tuning special and they are in Oswego IL...I know Kokomo isn't that far...prolly like 1hr 30min drive for you...Justin has done Mine, Ghosts, and Dartboys' tunes and none of us have any problems that I know about...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 10:23 am

xegitalian19xx wrote:
Modern Muscle is usally running a tuning special and they are in Oswego IL...I know Kokomo isn't that far...prolly like 1hr 30min drive for you...Justin has done Mine, Ghosts, and Dartboys' tunes and none of us have any problems that I know about...

So your motor doesn't surge anymore? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 10:55 am

no, it really hasn't...it was that one day so far...IMO i'd take a little bit of surging than no Knock sensors from Corey...Dave and Darty don't have any probs....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 11:06 am

Well, I'm not going to speak for them, but........ Smile

If you're happy with your tune, that's all that matters. As someone who has been tuned by both, and with multiple cars, I can tell you that Corey is a better tuner, regardless of making the mistake with the knock sensors.

Modern seems to have trouble with the partial throttle aspects, as seen with both your car and from other personal experiences.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 12:10 pm

to each his own i guess...i guess if corey worked out the knock sensor and is tuning with it on now, i cant speak for his tuning, but maybe dave could chime in on this then??
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 1:54 pm

i really feel that corey has done a few people wrong. some of that i don't think i can look past. i had an issue with MM once b4, but they did right by me in that instance.

as far as tuning goes, on the same engine mind you, MM 406 hp and 445 tq. corey 420 hp and 445 tq w/ knock sensors off. the car feels really no different from one tune to the other.

corey tuned my old setup to the song of 386hp and 390 tq. just heads and cam, then matt and i added the slp pulley and t-body. corey did a great job on that tune.

when MM straightened my tune out from corey, the knock sensors were off, signs of lean conditions, and detonation. with that said john told me one price, justin charged me a different one. at the time it was worth the piece of mind. justin was going to some data logging after he tuned it, and i don't think he did cause he asked me to do it for him. he was also going to check the plugs and he didin't cause i asked him about that when i picked up the car and we did it in the parking lot. i had a friend of mine pick me up from MM at 12:30 that afternoon cause justin said he was going to do all the above mentioned things and the car would not be done for a few hours. they called at 4:30 to pick up the car, i paid, checked the plugs, got my car, and dyno sheet. a few days later i was looking at the dyno sheet and saw the time of the run on the dyno and it said 1:30. so if my tune was done at 1:30 wtf was being done the next 3 hours? not the things that were said to be done that was obvious! imho, prolly just juicing my wallet....but what do i know...

.... as far as tuning goes....i think i am still yet to find one that i truely trust...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 2:24 pm

Best tuner I've ever met is Johan at DiabloSport.. South Florida is a cruise though. He's tuned more of my cars than anyone else. He also tuned RedFox's ProCharged 426 Magnum following his tuning from Modern.

I've heard some really good things about Bob @ SVS, too. He's tuned some of the fastest, but he's all the way out in Cali. Does some awesome email tuning, so I've heard. Never met him.

Lafrad is pretty good too, just really difficult to get his attention. He's in Wisconsin. He did the initial base tune via email for my 6.1L after the rebuild.

Dyno Tune Performance in Virginia did some quick work with a few cars while I was out there, including JensSRT's Inertia powered Charger SRT8 and threw down some monster numbers for a cam only install. They've tuned some of Inertia's other vehicles with positive results.

AJ, aka HemiTuner, heard good and bad. Good when the car is on the dyno, bad when it comes to email tuning.

DynoSteve, no comment.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 3:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback Dave! I'm glad the facts are out there now. Like I said before I had a good experience at MM but others have not. Except for my day of crazy surging.....Hearing Daves story leaves me without a whole lot of respect for what Justin said he was going to do and then never did...I think if I were to get the heads and a retune I would give Corey a shot (basing my decision on Matt's review) as long as he keeps the Knock sensors on!

Another question....WHY is it so damn hard to tune our cars correctly??
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 3:57 pm

the one thing that still stix in my mind is something matt said to me. MM is not on the list of diablosport certified tuners any longer...why? matt did mention someplace in plainfield that is that is not FLP.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 4:20 pm

xegitalian19xx wrote:
Another question....WHY is it so damn hard to tune our cars correctly??
Because Chrysler didn't want us to be messing with their electronics. Most of the tuning and what's available of us to do had to be hacked and reverse engineered, if that makes sense.

Most of the tuners out there are Ford and Chevy guys and the flat out truth is that our cars require a lot more expertise.. Other things, like MDS, also play into it. It takes a true understanding of all the different parameters to get the most out of these suckers.

ghost wrote:
the one thing that still stix in my mind is something matt said to me. MM is not on the list of diablosport certified tuners any longer...why? matt did mention someplace in plainfield that is that is not FLP.
I'm going to throw up a post with tuners and dynos in the area. I've been talking to a few shops (one just today located in Streamwood) about setting up a CAMM only dyno day.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 4:33 pm

streamwood, bad ass
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 7:57 pm

That would be sweet bro...I'm glad this information is getting out. That way we can all make informed decisions!! Thanks again fellas!
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 8:39 pm

...also group rates?
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 8:39 pm

x2!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 9:04 pm

Group rates weren't that great.. I'm searching for better, but the dude I talked to seemed like a nice guy.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 9:12 pm

Where in Streamwood?
Back to top Go down
Jagdcharger
CAMM Member
Jagdcharger

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 10:13 pm

I'd make the trip for that...with the benefit of meeting everybody
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 10:21 pm

Give these guys a shout.. They are Mopar CMR tuners in Fort Wayne, IN.

RB Speed and Kustom,
4827 Anglers Lane
Fort Wayne IN, 46808
Back to top Go down
Jagdcharger
CAMM Member
Jagdcharger

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 11:41 pm

Thanks Matt...know anything about these guy's?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CMR E-Mail tune Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMR E-Mail tune   CMR E-Mail tune I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CMR E-Mail tune
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine & Trans Performance-
Jump to: