Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interstate trip

Go down 
+4
Headtripp
Shawn1112
chicagovich
eviltrycycle
8 posters
AuthorMessage
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Interstate trip Empty
PostSubject: Interstate trip   Interstate trip I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2012, 12:17 pm

So in an effort to keep my mother from coming here I just agreed to meet her at my great aunt's house in Union City, PA. Its a 8 hour drive and of course I am taking the big red car (going to try to race Amish people). Wondering if I should tape up the nose or get a bra (for the CAR) for the trip across and back to try to keep bugs and road dings off the front.

Suggestions? Opinions? Thanks
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

Interstate trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interstate trip   Interstate trip I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2012, 12:21 pm

I've used this before on trips up to Michigan. Works well.

http://www.buyroadwrap.com/
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Interstate trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interstate trip   Interstate trip I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2012, 12:59 pm

I would use something, my front end is already taking a beating just going 80 miles a day round trip for work. 1 more month here then no more E-Way for work!!!!
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

Interstate trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interstate trip   Interstate trip I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2012, 1:20 pm

For your short trip that road wrap might be ok and they sell it at autozone I think.
Just if any of it becomes loose and starts flapping be sure to cut it off right away or it will leave marks so I have heard
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Interstate trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interstate trip   Interstate trip I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2012, 2:35 pm

I haven't been to her place since OJ was running away on the interstate but from what I can remember she is out in the middle of nowhere and the "roads" were one step above dirt. There are like 3500 people in her city.

Anyone want to come with me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Interstate trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interstate trip   Interstate trip I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2012, 4:09 pm

if you're worried about stone chips (lord knows I dont really care, just look at my front end) i would put something up there, but once you get away from the cities, you arent as prone to chips since there is far less traffic on the road. For bugs though, hahah im curious to see how well the "WD-40 trick" works...
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Interstate trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interstate trip   Interstate trip I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2012, 4:13 pm

Have a few chips already. Its not even the interstate I am really worried about its once I get on the back roads. They were awful the last time I was there and we were in a big van.

Was going to clay the nose again so I have the slickest surface possible before I get on the road and hopefully the bugs would just wipe off. That is if I don't end up wrapping it.

Would do the painters tape but that will take forever and I will have to do it again before I leave because I will not leave whatever I put on it on while I am there for a few days.

Luckily have a bit to figure it out.

I am going to stick out like a sore thumb at this place. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

Interstate trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interstate trip   Interstate trip I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2012, 4:26 pm

Just wax the hell outta it and stay back from other vehicles and you will be fine. Just wash the bugs off before you let it bake in the sun.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Interstate trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interstate trip   Interstate trip I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2012, 10:36 pm

Use the blue painters tape and then cut out some flames so it looks like you'r car is on fire with uhh.... blue fire Laughing

Back to top Go down
scarbs
CAMM Member
scarbs

Interstate trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interstate trip   Interstate trip I_icon_minitimeJune 15th 2012, 12:34 am

Headtripp wrote:
For your short trip that road wrap might be ok and they sell it at autozone I think.
Just if any of it becomes loose and starts flapping be sure to cut it off right away or it will leave marks so I have heard

This is what happened to me heading to moster mopar a few years back. The edges break loose and road grit gets under it and scratches the paint. I tossed the rest of the wrap in the garbage when i got home.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Interstate trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interstate trip   Interstate trip I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2012, 7:56 am

Going to wash and wax it late tonight and apply a coating of Pam before I get on the road in the morning.

My mom was telling me last night apparently some teenagers tore up the area around my great aunt's pond a few nights ago so that made me do a happy dance. Hoping she has room to put the car in her barn if night I might be sleeping on the porch with a shot gun.

I am going to come back talking even more funny then normal.....

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Smile
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Interstate trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interstate trip   Interstate trip I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2012, 6:14 pm

Should have wrapped it...

Interstate trip 413766_10150932973879537_870708570_o
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Interstate trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interstate trip   Interstate trip I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2012, 6:19 pm

That might buff out
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Interstate trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interstate trip   Interstate trip I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2012, 6:23 pm

The black marks yeah but the white around the fog is what I am worried about. The fog is not functioning at all don't know it is just the bulb or the whole thing is shot.

I came back a day early because I had a three day headache, was pissed about the car, and just yeah no......
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Interstate trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interstate trip   Interstate trip I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2012, 7:10 pm

Yeah thats what I'm thinking, the black will come out. Bulb is fucked, highly doubt its the fog assembly. If you ever drive past a used car dealer and see guys with a van out in the lot doing something to cars on the lot stop and see what they are doing. Chances are they are touch up guys, and they airbrush chips and scuffs, get there number, they can fix that. I had a guy a long time ago that would do that shit on the side for me. It actually comes out pretty good.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Interstate trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interstate trip   Interstate trip I_icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2012, 9:15 pm

Found damage to my rim today. Beyond pissed at myself. I am thinking it hit the front of the car and then bounced around under it and got the rear tire.

sigh...

Interstate trip 333300_10150939621814537_313573553_o

Interstate trip 380690_10150939622204537_1347998008_n

Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

Interstate trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interstate trip   Interstate trip I_icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2012, 9:34 pm

I had the same issue in Indiana. Except you got off lucky and went across the state....I traveled the state north to south on I-65. I was dodging retread for hours. Damn, I hope you can get those scuffs off.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Interstate trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interstate trip   Interstate trip I_icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2012, 9:37 pm

Coming back right outside of IL the last like 10 miles there were pieces all over the road. Glad you made it safely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Interstate trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interstate trip   Interstate trip I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interstate trip
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Exterior-
Jump to: