Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does Nitrous work through all gears if at wide open throttle?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
inca23
CAMM Rookie

Does Nitrous work through all gears if at wide open throttle? Empty
PostSubject: Does Nitrous work through all gears if at wide open throttle?   Does Nitrous work through all gears if at wide open throttle? I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2012, 8:15 pm

Have a question, I know how nitrous works so I dont need an explanation about it but what I dont know is this: I see that Zex nitrous kits have a controller that knows when your at wide open throttle and then shots the nitrous. now does this mean that it would shot the nos through gears as long as your in wide open throttle? or is this something that should only be used when your in 5th gear?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Does Nitrous work through all gears if at wide open throttle?   Does Nitrous work through all gears if at wide open throttle? I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2012, 9:51 pm

5th gear??? U won't ever hit 5th gear racing at the track. You would be lucky to hit 4th. Can't answer the rest of your question, Tom or Jontoad would probably know
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: Does Nitrous work through all gears if at wide open throttle?   Does Nitrous work through all gears if at wide open throttle? I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2012, 8:14 am

It will spray through gears as long as you're at WOT. Me, I don't activate mine until I hit second gear.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Does Nitrous work through all gears if at wide open throttle?   Does Nitrous work through all gears if at wide open throttle? I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2012, 10:40 am

Nos scares me. I want to run in 2 index leagues this year. An 11.60 index and a 10.50 index and I'm hoping that with the addition of my new ice box , 4000 stall and the weight reduction, it will be enough to accomplish consistent 10.50's. If not I will do a set of Afco or American Racing Headers and maybe later some intake and heads work with a blower cam. Nos would be the last thing that I would do. I could only do a 50 or 75 shot on my motor. The ideal set up would be a direct port injection type system for accurate delivery of the NOS.
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: Does Nitrous work through all gears if at wide open throttle?   Does Nitrous work through all gears if at wide open throttle? I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2012, 11:17 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Nos scares me. I want to run in 2 index leagues this year. An 11.60 index and a 10.50 index and I'm hoping that with the addition of my new ice box , 4000 stall and the weight reduction, it will be enough to accomplish consistent 10.50's. If not I will do a set of Afco or American Racing Headers and maybe later some intake and heads work with a blower cam. Nos would be the last thing that I would do. I could only do a 50 or 75 shot on my motor. The ideal set up would be a direct port injection type system for accurate delivery of the NOS.

There has been many catastrophic problems caused by nitrous that's for sure. You being a track guy, I like the route you've gone and plan to go; you're car is pretty sweet! For me, not being a track guy, I like spraying in second or third gear as kind of a "passing gear". The ZEX kit is by far the safest system out there for the HEMI and by spraying in the later gears I feel I'm adding even more safety. I've seen guys spray through all the gears without problems, but I feel, eventually, you'll open yourself up to trouble by doing so. But if you're serious about the track like you obviously are, there is nothing like a bolt on modded car that kicks ass!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Does Nitrous work through all gears if at wide open throttle?   Does Nitrous work through all gears if at wide open throttle? I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2012, 11:30 am

Thanks. So far I've figured out how to make the car go fast on just a stock motor and some bolt ons. I really don't want to touch the motor, because I will eventually just change it out and sell it. Then replace it with a built one and get my NHRA license and go completely dip shit on it. That takes even more money. It never ends.
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: Does Nitrous work through all gears if at wide open throttle?   Does Nitrous work through all gears if at wide open throttle? I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2012, 11:39 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Thanks. So far I've figured out how to make the car go fast on just a stock motor and some bolt ons. I really don't want to touch the motor, because I will eventually just change it out and sell it. Then replace it with a built one and get my NHRA license and go completely dip shit on it. That takes even more money. It never ends.

I'll stay tuned; nothing like having a passion!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Does Nitrous work through all gears if at wide open throttle?   Does Nitrous work through all gears if at wide open throttle? I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2012, 3:53 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
lmfao!!! You are a nut Tom!!!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Does Nitrous work through all gears if at wide open throttle?   Does Nitrous work through all gears if at wide open throttle? I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2012, 4:23 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:
lmfao!!! You are a nut Tom!!!

Well I'm running with a fast crowd. This year Tim is going to load the Motor Toter up with 4 cars every weekend. I will have to either bring my trailer or load mine into Tim's 45 footer. Bill Sefton is going to race with us in his new Mr. Norm's Drag Pak. Tim will cool it and run an 8.60 class with Loco. Rhonda and I will be racing together in the 11.60 index. Rhonda has the silver GSS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Nitrous work through all gears if at wide open throttle?   Does Nitrous work through all gears if at wide open throttle? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does Nitrous work through all gears if at wide open throttle?
Page 1 of 1