Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

INSTALLING HALO KITS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jgraun
CAMM Member
jgraun

INSTALLING HALO KITS Empty
PostSubject: INSTALLING HALO KITS   INSTALLING HALO KITS I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2012, 9:12 am

I JUST ORDERED MY HALO KIT AND THE FOG LIGHT HALOS FOR MY CHARGER FROM FLASHTECH. I WAS JUST WONDERING HOW HARD IS IT TO INSTALL THEM? OR IF THERE IS ANY SECRETS I SHOULD KNOW BEFORE I START BREAKIN SHIT ON ACCIDENT
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: INSTALLING HALO KITS   INSTALLING HALO KITS I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2012, 9:25 am

I have not installed them but have read a lot on them. I would say the hardest part would be the baking process to open the headlights. Other than that it's just wiring. Which if you're similar with electronics at all it should be a breeze. I'd add a quick connect (butt connectors) at the wires behind the headlights just so you don't have to cut any wires every time you remove the headlamps. Make sure you seal them good with GE silicone to there is no condensation.

BTW: You have to cut open your fogs with a dremel. Not bake them
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: INSTALLING HALO KITS   INSTALLING HALO KITS I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2012, 9:27 am

One more thing... I'd get a 9v battery and test those halos before you install them just to ensure they all work before you seal it all up and find a problem..

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: INSTALLING HALO KITS   INSTALLING HALO KITS I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2012, 11:46 am

JR is partially correct. Baking isnt that hard it's making sure you dont fuck up the tabs on the headlights when you pull them apart. Pull the tabs very gently and only pull far enough to open headlights. When you re-bake to reassemble, as soon as they come out of the oven make sure you get the tabs back on correctly. The what I do is put a towel around them and put a big c-clamp or any kind of clamp on the dead center and clamp them tightly. Not super tight that you crack the housing. Leave the clamps on for about an hr, then as JR said re-seal with some silicone around the whole seam. Not sure how the new Charger lights are, but you may have to drill a small hole in the back of the housing to pull the wires through. If so seal the hole up with silicone. you dont have to be pretty with the silicone, nobody will see it. After your done sealing you can go in a dark room and shine a small light along the seam and see if any light shines thru the housing. If so add more silicone in that spot. Fogs have to be cut open with a dremmel, kind of hard but try to cut as straight as possible. Before resealing fogs, sand the edges smooth. Use clear silicone to put back togeher and clamp like you do the headlights. After an hr pull clamp off and silicone the edge where you cut them. It really is a pretty simple install, PATIENCE is the key!!!! I will pm you my cell in case you run in to problems.
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

PostSubject: Re: INSTALLING HALO KITS   INSTALLING HALO KITS I_icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2012, 7:33 pm

worst part is taking off the bumper cover, easy but time consuming. i have a good write up from chargerforums on taking off the bumper cover.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: INSTALLING HALO KITS   INSTALLING HALO KITS I_icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2012, 10:41 pm

Don't let these guys fool you...it's simple.

Here...my install story:

http://www.chicagolandareamodernmopars.com/t1598-halosmy-own-personal-hell
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: INSTALLING HALO KITS   INSTALLING HALO KITS I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2012, 7:13 am

Iguanaman wrote:

Here...my install story:

It's simple, Dave is difficult!!
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: INSTALLING HALO KITS   INSTALLING HALO KITS I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2012, 7:50 am

Shawn1112 wrote:
Iguanaman wrote:

Here...my install story:

It's simple, Dave is difficult!!

True. I AM difficult.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INSTALLING HALO KITS   INSTALLING HALO KITS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

INSTALLING HALO KITS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum