Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Wax

Go down 
+10
Iguanaman
Moparcharger07
Headtripp
inkedup
xegitalian19xx
Shawn1112
jontoad
eviltrycycle
Hypnotiq
chicagovich
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

Favorite Wax - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wax   Favorite Wax - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2012, 10:35 pm

itried back to black it kinda work's,as for coat's of way i was always told do one good coat and the rest really doesn't matter cause it wipes right off anyway.i was also told to rinse car with cold water after waxing so it harden's wax better....myth or true
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wax   Favorite Wax - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2012, 10:40 pm

Hypnotiq wrote:
Favorite Wax - Page 2 IMG_20120312_165844

I've tried them all and nxt just brings out the color more.

I've always like Meguiar's stuff, the cleaner wax is just a time saver... I used to clay bar then polish and then wax when I had my Impala SS but man I'm just lucky to keep up with the scratches these days!

I just used Scratch X 2.0 to start fixing a big trunk scratch... I need to go over it again but it looks way better. Makes me upset to think about it but the folks that clean the parking garage at my work put a nasty scratch on my trunk lid and fender (like 3 feet) back in November.

My paint is never going to look great I just try to keep the thing from looking too shabby considering I put 350 miles a week on it year round.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wax   Favorite Wax - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2012, 10:45 pm

3m makes a great compound that works better than scratch x just a fyi
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wax   Favorite Wax - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2012, 10:46 pm

i had a few nice deep scratches now you can hardly tell they are there
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wax   Favorite Wax - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2012, 10:51 pm

i also use ice detailer with a micro fiber cloth and too be honest i only use them one or twice then the rags get demoted to house rags .and i also change my wash mitt every two times or sometimes only once .black is the worst color and show a lot of scratches .
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wax   Favorite Wax - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2012, 11:00 pm

Favorite Wax - Page 2 2743_lg

I have used this for years with no complaints. I typically use only Meguiar's of Mothers on anything I care about.
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wax   Favorite Wax - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2012, 11:05 pm

inkedup wrote:
i also use ice detailer with a micro fiber cloth and too be honest i only use them one or twice then the rags get demoted to house rags .and i also change my wash mitt every two times or sometimes only once .black is the worst color and show a lot of scratches .

My Impala SS was black so I know all about it, the Impala didn't have any crystal pearl to throw you off either!

If you remember the name of the 3m stuff let me know. I did the Scratch X 2.0 by hand and gradually I didn't want to take off too much clear coat. It looks so much better but in the sunlight Friday I could totally still see it big time just not from 20 feet like before!

It would take me a week to treat all of the sratches, I walk a fine line because I can be a real neat freak but I've learned to let it go somewhat you have to with a daily driver unless you live alone and can maintain it daily.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wax   Favorite Wax - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2012, 11:06 pm

your rides black right?
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wax   Favorite Wax - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2012, 11:08 pm

it's called 3m rubbing compound at autozone ,that and a micro fiber pad and its so easy.
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wax   Favorite Wax - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2012, 11:09 pm

inkedup wrote:
your rides black right?

Who is this directed to????
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wax   Favorite Wax - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2012, 11:10 pm

if your bored saturday morning swing by your not far, i will be cleaning up the ride anyway
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wax   Favorite Wax - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2012, 11:10 pm

KevinDSClark wrote:
inkedup wrote:
your rides black right?

Who is this directed to????

you kevin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Wax   Favorite Wax - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Wax
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2