Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where are you from??

Go down 
+20
AlterEgo
moaugust88
eviltrycycle
ttruckinon
inkedup
jlg1963
stairman
firestartr420
jgraun
jamesv82
Hypnotiq
chicagovich
Headtripp
300Crocket
blackhemi
Moparcharger07
BigM
mwa145
jontoad
Shawn1112
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Where are you from?? Empty
PostSubject: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2012, 9:55 pm

Just thought I would start this thread to see where everyone is from. Where did you grow up, and why are you living where your at now?

Me, I grew up in the city. I lived in a single parent household with my 2 brothers, so yes we moved a lot.
We usually lived in the shittiest areas on the North side. Albany Park (Lawrence and Kedzie), Lakeview (Irving and Ashland) yes it was a very shitty area before the yuppies took over, and Humboldt Park to name a few. I'm living in Streamwood now, mainly for my kids, and too keep my ass out of trouble.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2012, 10:09 pm

Naperville all my life. (we were here before the rich and bitchy people moved in) lol. i have pictures of when RT.59 was a gravel road.

Last edited by jontoad on March 9th 2012, 7:48 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2012, 10:15 pm

When i first got to the states, we lived in Cali , after couple months we made it to Rolling meadows since my Grandparents lived here.When my gf was pregnant , i moved to Carpentersville so i could take her to the appointments and all that good stuff. Plus i worked in South Elgin , So it was closer to my job at the time. 6 months later , We moved back to Rolling Meadows . I think ive been here for 16-18 years of my life.
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2012, 10:33 pm

I grew up in Hollywood/North Park just north of Albany Park like Bryn Mawr/Central Park. I lived in Lake View, West Loop and Uptown before moving to Naperville. I'll always be a city boy but it is pretty cool having a driveway and a garage Smile

My wife grew up in Naperville so she's got family here plus she works out here so it only makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2012, 10:54 pm

My dad was in the military, so we moved alot. I was born in Michigan lived there till 1985, then we moved to Delaware lived there till 1994 when my dad retired, we moved to Wisconsin (both my parents grew up in WI so they have family there) I lived there till 2000, when I moved out to Illinois. Lived in Ingleside, Round Lake, then Fox Lake, then Ingleside again, then Grayslake, and now Hainesville. I am done moving for a while lol
Back to top Go down
blackhemi
CAMM Pro
blackhemi

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2012, 11:07 pm

South side of Chicago, Back Of The Yards(47th & Damen), McKinley Park(39th & Damen). Said I would never leave the city that changed when I had kids. Moved out to Oak Lawn(95th & Southwest Highway) had to stay on the south side.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2012, 6:06 am

blackhemi wrote:
South side of Chicago, Back Of The Yards(47th & Damen), McKinley Park(39th & Damen). Said I would never leave the city that changed when I had kids. Moved out to Oak Lawn(95th & Southwest Highway) had to stay on the south side.
lol, I work across the street from McKinley, and play basketball on the outdoor courts in the summer with all them thugs. Usually at lunch and after work sometimes. Back Of The Yards aint no joke now a days, heard it wasn't as bad 20yrs ago. We might know some of the same people, I work with some people that grew up in Back of the Yards, and I have a lot of friends in Oak Lawn/Evergreen Park area.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2012, 6:08 am

BigM wrote:
I grew up in Hollywood/North Park just north of Albany Park like Bryn Mawr/Central Park. I lived in Lake View, West Loop and Uptown before moving to Naperville. I'll always be a city boy but it is pretty cool having a driveway and a garage Smile

My wife grew up in Naperville so she's got family here plus she works out here so it only makes sense.
You probably knew some Bryn Mawr and Spaulding Royals???? I knew all those idiots
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2012, 7:47 am

Shawn1112 wrote:
BigM wrote:

You probably knew some Bryn Mawr and Spaulding Royals???? I knew all those idiots

I tried to stay out of that craziness as much as possible. I played a lot of ball at Hollywood Park back when you could get really good games going there with the Army Reserve guys who used to run all around Legion Park before Northside Prep was there and it was an Army Depot.

The Northeastern and North Park basketball teams used to come out there too... I don't even think Northeastern has team anymore!
Back to top Go down
300Crocket
CAMM Member
300Crocket

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2012, 9:02 am

I grew up in Oak Park, youngest of 10 children. Moved to Winfield after i got married been here close 23 years now. I work in the city, approx. 22nd & Kostner.

Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2012, 9:06 am

Born in Streamwood Illinois moved to Johnsburg/McHenry around 6-7 yrs old. Been here ever since and my dad still lives in the house we moved up here in.
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2012, 9:17 am

Born and raised in Lake Zurich, went to college, came back and lived in the city for 12 years: Logan Square, Wrigleyville, Uptown and then Rogers Park. Moved back to the burbs to start the family; Lake Zurich just happened to have the perfect house. Been back in LZ for 5 years.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2012, 9:22 am

I was born in San Antonio, Texas. When I was 7 we moved up here to Palatine, IL. Then at 13 I moved to Cicero till I was 16 and moved back to Palatine for a year then to a house in Lake in the hills. Where I currently live now.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2012, 11:17 am

Born, raised and still live in East Chicago, Indiana.

James
Back to top Go down
jgraun
CAMM Member
jgraun

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2012, 1:31 pm

Born in Munster,IN and raised and still live in Merrillville,IN
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2012, 3:15 pm

grew up in Morton Grove, now live 5 min away in Niles... never lived anywhere else... same house in MG too...
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2012, 4:40 pm

Born and raised in Crystal Lake...moved out to the super boonies in 1994 because of runaway property taxes.
Back to top Go down
jlg1963
CAMM Pro
jlg1963

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2012, 5:24 pm

Born in Warsaw Ind, Moved to Aurora in 1985, Been living in Bristol Il, since 1998
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2012, 7:17 pm

I grew up in wrigleyville till middle school and went to high school in arizona and then back to illinois.I've lived in the following burb's lisle,north riverside,stickney,cicero,channahon and joliet.
Back to top Go down
blackhemi
CAMM Pro
blackhemi

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2012, 10:32 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
blackhemi wrote:
lol, I work across the street from McKinley, and play basketball on the outdoor courts in the summer with all them thugs. Usually at lunch and after work sometimes. Back Of The Yards aint no joke now a days, heard it wasn't as bad 20yrs ago. We might know some of the same people, I work with some people that grew up in Back of the Yards, and I have a lot of friends in Oak Lawn/Evergreen Park area.
Small world, never joined gang but still managed to give parents plenty of headaches. Just that kind of neighborhood. Don't think Back of Yards changed, compared to McKinley Park. Night and day their.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2012, 10:37 pm

i forgot to add i had a place on 36 and washtinaw,lovely area
Back to top Go down
ttruckinon
CAMM Pro
ttruckinon

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2012, 8:09 am

I was born in Chicago and we moved to Palatine when I was 4. I lived there till I was 20 and I decided to move to Arkansas. Came home one day and told my wife "I'm moving to Arkansas if you want to come with great. If not I'll drop you off at your Mom's on my way out.

After the divorce I moved back to Il. First to Palatine then to Addison and then Vernon Hills.

Deb (Wife #2) and I decided we were tired of cold and snow and two and a half years ago we moved to Adairsville Ga. We love it here and I don't plan on ever moving again.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2012, 8:46 am

Born in Charleston, SC and lived on a barrier island for 13 years. They shut the base down and we were packing to move to TX when my dad got an opportunity in Jacksonville, FL.

Moved to FL the day I turned 13 lived there until I was 19. My parents are still there, love the beach and I do not see them ever moving.

Moved to Virginia Beach, VA (lets just say it was for a boy and leave it at that). Starting working at Household Credit at the ripe age of 19 and right before I turned 25 they asked if I wanted to come to Chicago.

Been in Chicago since May 2005, came here because of work, stayed because I love it here.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2012, 11:39 am

Been here all my life on the Southeast side of Chicago near Hammond, IN. Never really left the neighborhood but I do work downtown and have worked in the south suburbs.
I'm only 24 though so thats something for my time here.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2012, 2:28 pm

Born in Kankakee, IL, moved to Elkhart, IN just before I started kindergarten. When I was in 3rd grade we moved to Utica, MI and then in '79 we moved to McHenry, IL and have been here ever since. Nice area and close to either Milwaukee or Chicago yet far enough away from them to enjoy the quieter suburban living.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where are you from??   Where are you from?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where are you from??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: CAMM General Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: