Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

trunk problems

Go down 
+2
jontoad
jgraun
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jgraun
CAMM Member
jgraun

trunk problems Empty
PostSubject: trunk problems   trunk problems I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 1:47 am

[b]so look my car in to get the key less entry looked at because it wasnt working. but ever since i took it in my trunk will open at random mostly when i get in or out of my car....has anyone ever had this problem? dabears
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

trunk problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: trunk problems   trunk problems I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 10:31 am

i have heard of the problem before on other forums.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

trunk problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: trunk problems   trunk problems I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 10:46 am

did you try disconnecting battery for awhile and resetting computer?seem's this is a ongoing issue.....
Back to top Go down
jgraun
CAMM Member
jgraun

trunk problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: trunk problems   trunk problems I_icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 12:14 pm

i got to take my car in anyway cause the dealership is replacing the door handles cause again the key less entry isnt working so when i make my appointment im going to tell them about it and hopefully everything goes good this time....hopfully i can get in this week
Back to top Go down
Exura
CAMM Member
Exura

trunk problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: trunk problems   trunk problems I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2014, 1:07 am

Hey guys, my trunk is popping open and freaking out when im near my car, just started doing this yesterday and i cant make it stop until im out of range of the keyless entry. I keep hearing about the short in the door handles after it rains, but it did not rain at all yesterday, i need help im feeling pretty down at the moment because of the little things thats going wrong with it... I want her perfect!  Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

trunk problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: trunk problems   trunk problems I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2014, 8:36 am

Call thr dealership to see if this was a TSB recall...
I think it was, but i am not sure
Try cleaning off the touch pad that makes it open.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

trunk problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: trunk problems   trunk problems I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2014, 8:52 am

its a common problem on the 2nd gen chargers. The switch in the trunk 3rd brake light corrodes and causes the trunk to pop open. My has done it twice now, both times they've replaced the switch. Take it to the dealer, and tell them, and they will take care of it.
Back to top Go down
Exura
CAMM Member
Exura

trunk problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: trunk problems   trunk problems I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2014, 3:21 pm

Ok seems like its working now! Went to the dealership and they took care of the issue, turned out to be a shorted out lid switch, thank god for warranties  yeah baby
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

trunk problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: trunk problems   trunk problems I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2014, 11:08 am

Exura wrote:
Ok seems like its working now! Went to the dealership and they took care of the issue, turned out to be a shorted out lid switch, thank god for warranties  yeah baby

told ya...
Back to top Go down
Exura
CAMM Member
Exura

trunk problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: trunk problems   trunk problems I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2014, 1:53 pm

Lol thanks, i still have it on a probation period though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

trunk problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: trunk problems   trunk problems I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

trunk problems
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Electronics-
Jump to: