Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

shorties or long tubes????

Go down 
+5
irishrt5.7
Shawn1112
xegitalian19xx
Headtripp
jesse031081
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

shorties or long tubes???? Empty
PostSubject: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 8:55 pm

I think my next mods gonna be headers with high flow cats. Any opinions on them? Thanks Cubs
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 9:06 pm

I like the JBA's on the mango they still look like brand new after almost 3 years
And go with the shorties you don't have any other mods that warrant the long tubes
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 9:26 pm

There has been a lot of discussion on this and apparently the Chally already has decent shorties on it so it's basically a waste of money to get new shorties and its a waste to get long tubes if you don't have any other power mods....If I were you i'd save my money for a mod that would make more difference...Cam/heads maybe?? Smile
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 9:29 pm

The set manifolds are great but the rts are junk. I'd like to find a srt header back system for our cars
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 9:30 pm

ah gotcha...It was my understanding that the R/T's where decent....Guess not Sad
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 9:32 pm

I was thinking about doing the cam but it seems to take forever to get it custom ground and all that stuff. Not much can go wrong with headers so I'd feel safe driving it wherever I'd want to go.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2012, 9:48 pm

There was the issue with tuning a cam for our rides but apparently they came out with a cam phazer that now opens us up to more cams and tuning.
The R/T's manifolds are not horrible but they are not headers either I don't think you can go wrong with them if you go that route.
The way I see it shorties are for low end hp and tq stop light to stoplight street playing
long are for high end at higher speeds like at the strip
I would rather beat someone for a block or two opposed to hitting the expressway doing 120 and getting jailed for it.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 6:39 am

See if BBK makes headers for the Chally yet. I have those on the Charger ceramic coated. They are about $100 cheaper than JBA's and are identical down to the spec. Mine also look brand new still and they are going on 3yrs. As far as the high flo cats, make sure you keep your stock cats, that way when it comes time to do the emissions you can have them put back on. Very hard to pass with hi flo cats. There is a way the shop can make it so they are easy on and easy off to do the swap.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 1:01 pm

i have never had any problems w/ mine when coming to emmissions...i have long tubes and high flows... just saying... all depends on the tune...also just saying...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 1:33 pm

Nobody asked for your 2 cents cocksucker!!!! Go climb back under that fucking rock you have been hiding under, fucking pillow biter!!!
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 1:48 pm

HAHA
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 2:28 pm

lol ass...you will see me this year dont worry... maybe not at shows but if you hit the track you will...
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 2:35 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 3:01 pm

I didn't think I'd need a tune just by adding headers. I also talked to Tim today about the cam and he says they're pretty difficult to get.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 3:15 pm

If your going to replace the exhaust manifold with headers, why not just do the long tubes?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 3:32 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
If your going to replace the exhaust manifold with headers, why not just do the long tubes?
because of what Vic said. I have always been under the assumption from what I read, that unless you are doing heads long tubes do you no good. Thats the reason I did shorties, because my biggest mod was a cam
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 3:34 pm

irishrt5.7 wrote:
lol ass...you will see me this year dont worry... maybe not at shows but if you hit the track you will...
Listen you little whore, if I wanted any lip from you I would unzip my zipper!!!
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 3:53 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
irishrt5.7 wrote:
Listen you little whore, if I wanted any lip from you I would unzip my zipper!!!
Apparently you will have to go to the track to get any Jerk Off
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 5:47 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
I didn't think I'd need a tune just by adding headers. I also talked to Tim today about the cam and he says they're pretty difficult to get.

You can say that again...
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2012, 6:04 pm

Never had issues with passing emissions with my JBA shorties and Hiflo cats. (Until of course MM touched my car). But thanks to Tim No more issues.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2012, 1:49 pm

I just ordered jba shorties and high flow cats from Maryland speed. I got a great deal and as soon as I get them twisted pipes will be putting them on. Getting ready for spring
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2012, 2:44 pm

Sweet Let me know how it goes
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 29th 2012, 9:18 am

nice bro...
Back to top Go down
Hurst Pak
CAMM Pro
Hurst Pak

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 29th 2012, 9:26 am

jesse031081 wrote:
I just ordered jba shorties and high flow cats from Maryland speed. I got a great deal and as soon as I get them twisted pipes will be putting them on. Getting ready for spring

Nice .. did the same last spring . cheers
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2012, 3:22 pm

Ive had them installed for about a week now and it still seems quieter than with the stock stuff on. It seems to be a little peppier but its been so long since I drove it that it might just be that Im used to driving my van and s10. Overall Im happy with my mods and Mike at twisted pipes did a great job and made sure to take care of it. If anyone does do jbas in the future make sure to buy the stock manifold gaskets cause the ones they send with the headers they should be embarrassed even sending them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shorties or long tubes????   shorties or long tubes???? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

shorties or long tubes????
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Exhaust-
Jump to: