Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!



 
PortalHomeCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Got a call...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
stairman
CAMM Pro
avatar

Location : Harvard, IL
Points : 3876
Posts : 682
Reputation : 142

PostSubject: Got a call...   December 28th 2011, 1:33 pm

To those not on facebook...I have posted the following and re-post it here:

We got a call from David this morning. He was injured at the firing range pulling targets. His thumb got caught in the ropes and severed it. One of the ambulance personnel was kind enough to let David use his phone. He was on his way to Mission Viejo,CA to a civilian hospital. All we can do is wait to see the outcome of this. He wants so bad to graduate with his platoon. From his letters it sounds as if they have bonded as a tight group. They have won many trophies and are given a lot of privliges. He believes his platoon will graduate with honors.
I will update this as we get more info.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
avatar

Location : Hater Proof
Points : 31340
Posts : 12752
Reputation : 1592

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   December 28th 2011, 4:23 pm

Hope all is well and he is able to graduate with his platoon.

_________________
"Dont Talk About It, Be About It"
"Get In Where U Fit In"

Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
avatar

Location : Harvard, IL
Points : 3876
Posts : 682
Reputation : 142

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   December 28th 2011, 6:31 pm

Updating David's condition. Just got off the phone with David and he's doing good. He is in recovery from surgery. Doctor said his thumb was not severed and little damage to the bone. No pins required. He will be shipped back to recruiting depot in a few hours to marine rehabilitation where the naval doctors will decide if or when he gets to return to his platoon. The only thing David is happy about is that he got to eat a normal meal and that he's cramming in all the food he can before he leaves the hospital. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers that he will be able to go back to his platoon. We don't want all his hard work to go to waste.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
avatar

Location : Almost Wisconsin
Points : 43104
Posts : 12935
Reputation : 1106

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   December 28th 2011, 7:10 pm

Been following along on Facebook. Glad he is doing ok.


Are YOU ok?

_________________
Crystal
2014 Dodge Durango SXT - stock for now
2007 Dodge Charger R/T - has some stuff done to it
You Tube Channel https://www.youtube.com/c/ChicagolandAreaModernMopars


Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.
Back to top Go down
vagrant
CAMM Member
avatar

Location : SillyNoise
Points : 2672
Posts : 243
Reputation : 58

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   December 28th 2011, 7:22 pm

Glad he's OK! Hope everything turns out for him.
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
avatar

Location : Harvard, IL
Points : 3876
Posts : 682
Reputation : 142

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   December 28th 2011, 8:07 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
Been following along on Facebook. Glad he is doing ok.


Are YOU ok?

We are mentally and physically drained.

Thanks to all who sent good thoughts. It means more than you will ever know.



Edited for bad grammer...lol
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
avatar

Location : Hater Proof
Points : 31340
Posts : 12752
Reputation : 1592

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   December 28th 2011, 9:25 pm

stairman wrote:
eviltrycycle wrote:
Been following along on Facebook. Glad he is doing ok.


Are YOU ok?

We are mentally and physically drained.

Thanks to all who sent good thoughts. It means more than you will ever know.



Edited for bad grammer...lol
It's not called bad grammar, it's called the Inkedup disease!

_________________
"Dont Talk About It, Be About It"
"Get In Where U Fit In"

Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
avatar

Location : Harvard, IL
Points : 3876
Posts : 682
Reputation : 142

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   December 28th 2011, 10:02 pm

^ yeah, but there is a difference...I re-read what I wrote after I posted it, then changed it accordingly. I just didn't leave for you all to guess what I was saying.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
avatar

Location : Naperville, IL
Points : 10533
Posts : 4905
Reputation : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   December 28th 2011, 10:32 pm

good to hear he should be ok. hope he can continue with the platoon...

_________________

2015 Blue Streak Ram R/T w/rambox - Daily driver status
2006 Charger /SRT//8/ - Autocross spec
SRT MAX Plus cam, Dominator stall torque converter, AMG blue top shift solenoids, Wavetrack LSD, richmond 3.55 gears, Tein Superstreet coilovers, stack 'chubby'' sway bars, ect...
Autocross videos - (((((SRT8 Charger autocross lap.)))))  -  (((((Edited movie.)))))  -  (((((Helmet cam lap.)))))
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
avatar

Location : Harvard, IL
Points : 3876
Posts : 682
Reputation : 142

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   December 29th 2011, 9:35 pm

jontoad wrote:
good to hear he should be ok. hope he can continue with the platoon...

Thanks JT we won't find anything for at least 8-10 days.That's how long it takes for him to send a letter from there to here. There are 3 options right now:
1). He could return to his platoon after sick bay.
2). He would have to wait 5 weeks for the next platoon to catch up to him and then join them.
3). He may be seen as a liability to the marines for his accident and get booted.

Hoping the 3rd isn't an option, he has worked to hard. He has told us in letters about guys leaving (couldn't take it) or being booted for different reasons more serious than what happened to him.

Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Location : Chicago
Points : 20617
Posts : 4221
Reputation : 848

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   December 30th 2011, 5:42 am

I'm glad he is ok.

_________________

As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride. Amen.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
avatar

Location : Chitown Burbs,IL
Points : 6872
Posts : 2784
Reputation : 334

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   December 31st 2011, 4:38 pm

I'm glad he's ok and i hope they can look past it and let him join his platoon again.
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
avatar

Location : Harvard, IL
Points : 3876
Posts : 682
Reputation : 142

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   January 1st 2012, 10:21 am

It has been 5 days since i made the original post. In that time we not been officially notified of David's injury by the Marines. Tammy and I were discussing this morning that he is 5 weeks from graduation (Feb. 10). If they have decided to do push him back or boot him we would have been notified by David or his SSDI. Our time frame to buy airline tickets for his graduation in San Diego is growing shorter. As of right this moment, we feel they have sent him back to his platoon.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
avatar

Location : later'ville
Points : 7377
Posts : 2957
Reputation : 243

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   January 1st 2012, 10:52 pm

hope it all works out ok
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
avatar

Location : Hater Proof
Points : 31340
Posts : 12752
Reputation : 1592

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   January 2nd 2012, 10:49 am

stairman wrote:
It has been 5 days since i made the original post. In that time we not been officially notified of David's injury by the Marines. Tammy and I were discussing this morning that he is 5 weeks from graduation (Feb. 10). If they have decided to do push him back or boot him we would have been notified by David or his SSDI. Our time frame to buy airline tickets for his graduation in San Diego is growing shorter. As of right this moment, we feel they have sent him back to his platoon.
I wouldn't be too sure, remember it's the military.

_________________
"Dont Talk About It, Be About It"
"Get In Where U Fit In"

Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
avatar

Location : Harvard, IL
Points : 3876
Posts : 682
Reputation : 142

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   January 2nd 2012, 5:13 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
stairman wrote:
It has been 5 days since i made the original post. In that time we not been officially notified of David's injury by the Marines. Tammy and I were discussing this morning that he is 5 weeks from graduation (Feb. 10). If they have decided to do push him back or boot him we would have been notified by David or his SSDI. Our time frame to buy airline tickets for his graduation in San Diego is growing shorter. As of right this moment, we feel they have sent him back to his platoon.
I wouldn't be too sure, remember it's the military.

I know Shawn...but we are trying to think positive. And yes I know the old saying..."You can wish in one hand and shit in the other...guess which one will fill up first!"
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
avatar

Location : Hater Proof
Points : 31340
Posts : 12752
Reputation : 1592

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   January 2nd 2012, 5:28 pm

stairman wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
stairman wrote:
It has been 5 days since i made the original post. In that time we not been officially notified of David's injury by the Marines. Tammy and I were discussing this morning that he is 5 weeks from graduation (Feb. 10). If they have decided to do push him back or boot him we would have been notified by David or his SSDI. Our time frame to buy airline tickets for his graduation in San Diego is growing shorter. As of right this moment, we feel they have sent him back to his platoon.
I wouldn't be too sure, remember it's the military.

I know Shawn...but we are trying to think positive. And yes I know the old saying..."You can wish in one hand and shit in the other...guess which one will fill up first!"
lol, havent heard that one before.

_________________
"Dont Talk About It, Be About It"
"Get In Where U Fit In"

Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
avatar

Location : Oak Lawn, IL
Points : 18984
Posts : 4385
Reputation : 449

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   January 3rd 2012, 6:00 pm

Hope things work out for him. Sending positive thoughts your way!

_________________
Girl 'Goin Bad'
2006 Charger Daytona R/T Go•Man•Go  #3918/4000
2009 Challenger R/T
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
avatar

Location : Harvard, IL
Points : 3876
Posts : 682
Reputation : 142

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   January 6th 2012, 6:40 pm

Putting some closure on this thread. Heard from David today. He will be pushed back approximately 5-6 weeks. He is in MRP (Marine Rehab Program). He has to wait for the next Alpha platoon to catch up to where he was when he got injured. Physically he is healing, but mentally he is depressed that he will not rejoin his platoon and his friends. We also got a full description of his injury. He did sever his thumb at the top joint.The only thing holding his thumb together was a small flap of skin. It was not on his target that he was pulling, but rather on the target next to his. Pulling targets is like a guillotine. When you pull up one target another goes down. He tripped and reached out to catch himself and his hand landed on his neighbors target as the other recruit was pulling it down. And it tore off the top portion of his thumb. Please send him your good thoughts and prayers. He needs all the support he can get.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
avatar

Location : Naperville, IL
Points : 10533
Posts : 4905
Reputation : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   January 6th 2012, 7:18 pm

that sucks, but those guys are all in it together for the same goal. I'm sure he will make friends with the new platoon fast. just as us car guys have enough in common to meet new people here and at shows, common ground makes it easier.

I'm not very religious but i can wish him the best.

_________________

2015 Blue Streak Ram R/T w/rambox - Daily driver status
2006 Charger /SRT//8/ - Autocross spec
SRT MAX Plus cam, Dominator stall torque converter, AMG blue top shift solenoids, Wavetrack LSD, richmond 3.55 gears, Tein Superstreet coilovers, stack 'chubby'' sway bars, ect...
Autocross videos - (((((SRT8 Charger autocross lap.)))))  -  (((((Edited movie.)))))  -  (((((Helmet cam lap.)))))
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
avatar

Location : San Antonio, TX
Points : 5160
Posts : 1416
Reputation : 296

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   January 6th 2012, 7:41 pm

Hey pm his address and I'll send him some motivational stuff. I work in one of two fields in the Navy that serve with Marines. So getting people I work with to be on board to motivate him will be easy. Prayers and positive thought coming his way.
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
avatar

Location : Harvard, IL
Points : 3876
Posts : 682
Reputation : 142

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   January 6th 2012, 10:01 pm

jontoad wrote:
that sucks, but those guys are all in it together for the same goal. I'm sure he will make friends with the new platoon fast. just as us car guys have enough in common to meet new people here and at shows, common ground makes it easier.

I'm not very religious but i can wish him the best.

Thanks Jon. You are right, I didn't think of the common ground aspect. I will pass that along to David.
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
avatar

Location : Harvard, IL
Points : 3876
Posts : 682
Reputation : 142

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   January 6th 2012, 10:04 pm

Okie5.7 wrote:
Hey pm his address and I'll send him some motivational stuff. I work in one of two fields in the Navy that serve with Marines. So getting people I work with to be on board to motivate him will be easy. Prayers and positive thought coming his way.

pm sent....greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Xenon
CAMM Member
avatar

Location : McHenry
Points : 2698
Posts : 134
Reputation : 68

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   January 7th 2012, 1:34 am

Woowwwwwww SM,, this is not happpy news...

Please tell David we are pulling for him and thinking of him
and wishing alll the best for him as well.......
Back to top Go down
vagrant
CAMM Member
avatar

Location : SillyNoise
Points : 2672
Posts : 243
Reputation : 58

PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   January 7th 2012, 12:49 pm

Xenon wrote:
Woowwwwwww SM,, this is not happpy news...

Please tell David we are pulling for him and thinking of him
and wishing alll the best for him as well.......

agreed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Got a call...   

Back to top Go down
 
Got a call...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: CAMM General Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: