Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What the.....

Go down 
+5
Moparcharger07
Shawn1112
liljoejoe54
firestartr420
arivera
9 posters
AuthorMessage
arivera
CAMM Member
arivera

What the..... Empty
PostSubject: What the.....   What the..... I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2011, 11:26 am

So, I take the car in to have the oil changed. I figure while I have it in, I should have them address the rattling i hear from the suspension among other things. This is what I came out with.

So we are clear, I only had the oil change done so the rest is up in the air. I want to get other prices.

Tension struts (Left and right) - $387.50 + tax

the pinging noise is due to the Rack and Pinion - $631.95

Finally

The tech magically found play in the left and right rear hub bearings - $740.46

You bet your tail that i am going to decline those repairs. Insane. I remember the day that some of this stuff goes at 100k and not 68k.

Anyone know a good mechanic?
Back to top Go down
arivera
CAMM Member
arivera

What the..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the.....   What the..... I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2011, 11:28 am

now, I know it's the dealer so those prices are crazy.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

What the..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the.....   What the..... I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2011, 11:32 am

Talk to Adam (Moparcharger06). He's the CAMM Suspension Guru. Im sure he'll hook you up.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

What the..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the.....   What the..... I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2011, 1:29 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
Talk to Adam (Moparcharger06). He's the CAMM Suspension Guru. Im sure he'll hook you up.

What he said.

The noise in the rack & pinion is probably just the tie rods which are easy to fix and have been known to go out all the time.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

What the..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the.....   What the..... I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2011, 2:26 pm

Yes what Joey said, Holla at adam. Then go back and slap the piss out of the jagoff that quoted you that price!!!!
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

What the..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the.....   What the..... I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2011, 7:05 pm

Yeah, those prices are CRAZY!!! I KNOW I can BEAT those prices by ALOT!! Holy shit!!....... Contact me if ya want that taken care of man
Back to top Go down
Bulldog
CAMM Pro
Bulldog

What the..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the.....   What the..... I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2011, 9:38 pm

Just out of curiousity what dealership gave you that quote?

I bought my Ram at Taylor Dodge is Bourbonnais and recently took it in for a vibration...Which they told were the wheel bearing and it would be $1,200 to replace both front wheel bearings...Took it to a buddy of mine...He did the driver side for about $400...Rides like dream again....
Back to top Go down
TgTwist
CAMM Member
TgTwist

What the..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the.....   What the..... I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2011, 12:56 pm

lol Adam all day...
Back to top Go down
arivera
CAMM Member
arivera

What the..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the.....   What the..... I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2011, 9:44 pm

I took it to Tyson Dodge in Shorewood. I called the family mechanic and have an appointment on Thursday when i get home from work. He is going to check it out and let me know what's up.
Back to top Go down
arivera
CAMM Member
arivera

What the..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the.....   What the..... I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2012, 10:14 am

So, after taking my ride to my mechanic, we found that the rack and pinion was good, the rear hubs were a little worn, but could be changed, and the tension struts (both of them) need to be replaced. This was in December. I ordered all f the parts and seeing how they are not part of the lifetime power train, I will be replacing them myself.

Already ordered both rear hubs ($53 a piece) and the tension struts ($208 for both). All i need are the torque specs (and some prayer) and they will be fixed.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

What the..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the.....   What the..... I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2012, 10:55 am

arivera wrote:
So, after taking my ride to my mechanic, we found that the rack and pinion was good, the rear hubs were a little worn, but could be changed, and the tension struts (both of them) need to be replaced. This was in December. I ordered all f the parts and seeing how they are not part of the lifetime power train, I will be replacing them myself.

Already ordered both rear hubs ($53 a piece) and the tension struts ($208 for both). All i need are the torque specs (and some prayer) and they will be fixed.

Shawn1112 wrote:
go back and slap the piss out of the jagoff that quoted you that price!!!!

Just sayin......

Glad you got it figured out.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

What the..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the.....   What the..... I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2012, 8:43 pm

184 ft lbs for the rear axles. Thats the only thing you really need to torque. All the other nuts and bolts, just tighten the hell outta them
Back to top Go down
arivera
CAMM Member
arivera

What the..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the.....   What the..... I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2012, 7:22 pm

Whew!!! The rear hub assemblies are done. The front tension struts are done. New O2 sensor in. The dealer is replacing the bad Cat on the driver's side on Monday. This car will be all good and it only cost me about $350 and some change. I am soo sore though.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

What the..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the.....   What the..... I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2012, 10:16 pm

good job thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What the..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the.....   What the..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What the.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Wheels and Suspension-
Jump to: