Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

looking for feedback on my build schedule

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

looking for feedback on my build schedule Empty
PostSubject: looking for feedback on my build schedule   looking for feedback on my build schedule I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2011, 5:26 pm

I'm getting ready to start slowly building my car and want to see what you guys think.
My budget is tighter than it should be, so progress will be slow, but I want to do things in a good sequence as to limit redoing things. First I want to address the rear end, I'm considering a getrag 3:73, but I've seen some talk of a wavetrac around here. I've never heard of it before. I was thinking I should probably do brake and suspension upgrade next, but I doubt that will be the case. Probably head/cam swap and all that comes with that. Maybe 426 stoker if my attempts at precious metal excavation in Orland Park pay off. I know exhaust needs to be done at some point, but I can't decide. I don't want to be in an all bark no bite situation either. So as far as the rear end goes is the getrag our best option? I'd need new half shafts, wheel hubs, and a drive shaft I believe. If I swap out the rear end would I need to have it tuned, or is changing the ratio with the predator sufficient. I really need a dyno tune too, but I want to wait until I do something that requires it. thanks for looking,
bill
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: looking for feedback on my build schedule   looking for feedback on my build schedule I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2011, 6:29 pm

Tom or Jontoad can help you out with the rear end and suspension questions.
I like the idea of heads/cam combo before the brake upgrade, whats wrong with the Brembos?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: looking for feedback on my build schedule   looking for feedback on my build schedule I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2011, 7:15 pm

Your brakes are the best you can have. Doing a cam/head swap will do you more good than building a stroker. Myself, I'm still all stock internals, stock heads and cam. Dyno tune is a must . Exhaust is over rated and I've noticed that many are screwing with it constantly and can never be satisfied with the sound. (It only sounds good at WOT) Pick one, put it on and forget it. No hp increase.

I swapped my rear for a Getrag 3.73 and because it's a race car I upgraded the clutch packs to lock it up. I think jontoad has a wavetrack which he uses for auto cross. It is a wheel biasing lsd rear. 2 different designs and his works well for a/c. No tuning necessary for a gear or rear end swap. You can buy the Getrag as a kit from many vendors. Comes with everything you need.

Go ahead and get a dyno tune now. It will wake up your hemi. The canned tune is there just to use until you can get on the dyno for a tune. No matter what perf. upgrades you do, you will still need that base tune. About 450 and thereafter 250 for each additional tune.

Build it underneath first, for the power that will come later. My 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: looking for feedback on my build schedule   looking for feedback on my build schedule I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2011, 7:27 pm

don't have the wavetrack yet Tom, but i desperately need it. it will be my next big mod when i can afford it.

if you are going for big drag race power get a Getrag or an builder bill 8.8 rear. if you are building a road racing car get a wavetrack or quaife rear end.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: looking for feedback on my build schedule   looking for feedback on my build schedule I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2011, 7:35 pm

Yes, just use all Paramount Performance (Builder Bill) stuff under the car. Bill Schere has the best stuff, the best customer service and is a heck of a nice guy to boot. Everything he sells is expensive, but it will be the best. Much of my build came from Bill, who also sells DSS (Drive Shaft Shop) stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking for feedback on my build schedule   looking for feedback on my build schedule I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

looking for feedback on my build schedule
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine & Trans Performance-
Jump to: