Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

egr delete

Go down 
+3
Headtripp
liljoejoe54
inkedup
7 posters
AuthorMessage
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2011, 9:51 pm

has anyone taken out there egr? and installed a blockoff plate? im not really sure what a egr even does,im hoping that the brass tube that just burnt my braided hose is part of the egr assembly.anyone know
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2011, 9:55 pm

inkedup wrote:
has anyone taken out there egr? and installed a blockoff plate? im not really sure what a egr even does,im hoping that the brass tube that just burnt my braided hose is part of the egr assembly.anyone know

Ive done it. Its not too bad, it just takes time cuz the bolts are hard to get to. And yeah, that tube is part of the EGR system.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2011, 9:57 pm

You don't need it as it is for reducing emissions. Billet Tech sells the kit for the block off plate
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2011, 10:05 pm

one of my braided hoses was leaning against the copper hose we didn't think it would get that hot.......WRONG"O"......yea i was just looking at billet tech. to order a set of hoses and noticed the plate........my catch can install went great,not sure yet how i'm gonna unscrew the bottom...lol it went on smooth ...i had the can powder coated as well as the brass fittings which was a bad idea there is no possible way to not scuff fittings wrenching on .i even used a cloth over fittings still had a scuff on l shaped fitting .
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2011, 6:06 am

There is something on your Egr tube that looks like it could be tin foil. You are supposed to slide that up so it doesnt burn your hose. Its called a heat sheild. I agree get rid of that ugly fucking egr valve.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2011, 9:16 am

If j remove it i lose my mds
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2011, 10:49 am

inkedup wrote:
If j remove it i lose my mds
No
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2011, 11:04 am

I could be wrong, bzt i remember when i turned off mds egr then had a star by it too
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2011, 2:24 pm

Spell check is your friend!
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2011, 5:13 pm

he's "using his phone" hahah... MDS shouldnt be disabled when you remove the EGR. EGR is just the "Exhaust Gas Recirculation" system. It absorbs the gas vapors in the exhaust and just sends those fumes back through the intake to be "reburned". MDS shouldnt be effected at all by this.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2011, 9:07 pm

funny,hey i'm trying to get a iphone now from sprint.i ordered my delete kit as well as another set of hoses from bt.....should be here by tuesday....
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2011, 6:22 pm

well,i will be doing the egr mod this next weekend as well as replacing the hoses that burnt.wish me luck.if anyone would like to help i'd bring the captain's...or modelo pirat or Modelo
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2011, 7:59 pm

wait,doing the egr mod will make me fail emissions?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2011, 8:22 pm

inkedup wrote:
wait,doing the egr mod will make me fail emissions?

Nope, I passed without my egr.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2011, 8:38 pm

how did you hide the plug on your's joe?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2011, 8:46 pm

inkedup wrote:
how did you hide the plug on your's joe?

Zip tie it to something.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2011, 8:53 pm

gotcha,also did yo ever put 6.1 injectors in your car?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2011, 9:05 pm

inkedup wrote:
gotcha,also did yo ever put 6.1 injectors in your car?

Nope. They are a waste of money unless u beef up the cam/heads or add a blower.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2011, 9:20 pm

10-4 thanks
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2011, 8:47 pm

ok so i got the delete kit ,came in satin finish.cause it was quicker.so my question is should i leave it satin,paint flat black,powder coat flat black or gloss?????? let's here your opinion
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2011, 8:56 pm

inkedup wrote:
ok so i got the delete kit ,came in satin finish.cause it was quicker.so my question is should i leave it satin,paint flat black,powder coat flat black or gloss?????? let's here your opinion

The part that bolts to the head, leave satin. The plug that goes in the intake, color match it to the color of ur intake.
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2011, 8:57 pm

I left mine un painted
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2011, 9:10 pm

so flat black powder .i did the fuel rails high temp flat back,but i want a nice finish on them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

egr delete Empty
PostSubject: Re: egr delete   egr delete I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

egr delete
Page 1 of 1