Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Close but not empty

Go down 
+9
AlterEgo
Johnny Bondo
Xenon
vagrant
moaugust88
Motor
xegitalian19xx
firestartr420
eviltrycycle
13 posters
AuthorMessage
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Close but not empty Empty
PostSubject: Close but not empty   Close but not empty I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2011, 9:00 am

I know the Chargers have 18 gallon fuel tanks, not sure about the Maggies, Challys and 300s but this morning had to fill up because the little light had been on for a bit. Got me wondering how close has anyone else got to the 18 gallon limit without running out.

This morning I put 17.948 gallons in the car. That is the closest I think I have gotten.

Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Close but not empty   Close but not empty I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2011, 9:53 am

holy crap.... you were sucking on fumes!!! Ive gotten only 16 in at one time. I dont run that low because I dont want to gum up the siphon or fuel filter with the crap that settles at the bottom of the tank.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Close but not empty   Close but not empty I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2011, 10:00 am

I never go below half so I have no idea.....
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Close but not empty   Close but not empty I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2011, 10:12 am

I normally do not go below half, ESPECIALLY in the winter. Since this tank of gas had been in the car for close to a month and it sat a lot I kinda wanted to get all of it out. Will NEVER do it again.
Back to top Go down
Motor
CAMM Pro
Motor

PostSubject: Re: Close but not empty   Close but not empty I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2011, 10:27 am

i rolled into a gas station by woodfield with gas to empty digital sign going from 1 to 0....Neutral
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Close but not empty   Close but not empty I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2011, 10:56 am

^ winner!
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: Close but not empty   Close but not empty I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2011, 11:08 am

Isn't it 19 gallons for R/T and AWD? 18 is on the V6s.
Back to top Go down
vagrant
CAMM Member
vagrant

PostSubject: Re: Close but not empty   Close but not empty I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2011, 11:55 am

Not sure about the Challenger R/T or SE but the SRT's miles to empty gauge is completely useless. As soon as the gas light comes on the digital miles to empty gauge goes to "low miles". That being said I have absolutely no idea how close I've come to empty but I went about 20 highway miles with the gas light on...

-vagrant
Back to top Go down
Xenon
CAMM Member
Xenon

PostSubject: Re: Close but not empty   Close but not empty I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2011, 2:34 pm

Actually, vagrant, if you remember I took your car one day and filled it up,
it took like 18/9 and I mentioned I thought was only a 19 gallon tank...
Then proceeded to 'thank you' profusely for giving me a car with no freakin' gas in it...

oh,, and again,, -thanks,- *PAL* ..... Very Happy neener
Back to top Go down
Johnny Bondo
CAMM Member
Johnny Bondo

PostSubject: Re: Close but not empty   Close but not empty I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2011, 4:56 pm

My old Ram literally ran out as I turned into the gas station. I coasted to the pump. Fortunately it restarted easily once it was gassed up. I was expectimg to crank it for while since it had a mechanical fuel pump.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Close but not empty   Close but not empty I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2011, 5:21 pm

Well, I know I've run my car on fumes. It's a bad habit I have.... Smile
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Close but not empty   Close but not empty I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2011, 9:42 pm

i've never run out of gas...lol....i have a colletion of all different gas cans if anyone whats one.......
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Close but not empty   Close but not empty I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2011, 10:00 pm

searching it seems chargers have 19gallon tanks in all V8 sizes. most times you don't want to run it below the fuel light because the light comes on when it does to leave liquid in the tank to help cool the fuel pump. i try to never run it under the light, especially in our cars because they have odd fuel gauges. people on lxforums talk about how their car ran out of gas with 1/8th of a tank left on the gauge. i guess the gauge takes and average to prevent it changing quickly when fuel sloshes around. so if you run the car hard after being nice most of the tank you will run out before the gauge does. many of the road racers over on lxforums have ran out of gas on the track itself because of this. lol. i have not had that happen to me yet.

Quote :

2.7L engine : 18 gallons
3.5L with AWD : 19 gallons
3.5L with out AWD : 18 gallons
5.7L, 6.1L, 3.0L : 19 gallons
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: Close but not empty   Close but not empty I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2011, 11:20 pm

I ran my truck to 21.96 gal on a 22gallon tank....LOL
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Close but not empty   Close but not empty I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2011, 4:13 pm

I have put in over 18 gallons once. It was a close call and I was a nervous wreck trying to get to a gas station while sitting in traffic with the needle on "E".
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Close but not empty   Close but not empty I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2011, 11:00 pm

i put twenty gallons in mine
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Close but not empty   Close but not empty I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2011, 11:00 pm

but only five at a time.......ha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Close but not empty   Close but not empty I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Close but not empty
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: CAMM General Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: