Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!

Go down 
+18
Shawn1112
stairman
clj17
inkedup
Pomps
vagrant
jontoad
Headtripp
moros323
KevinDSClark
Moparcharger07
Razor
AlterEgo
Iguanaman
liljoejoe54
eviltrycycle
VIKES4093
firestartr420
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2011, 7:51 pm

jontoad wrote:
me and crystal went down some of the same roads on the way home a little faster in the turns. still kept getting slow cars in front of us though. id love to go back some time when the road is not busy and just blast through the turns.

it was almost a bad thing it was such good weather. the roads were too busy to get some good group parking shots near the fall colors.

agreed.... there were just too many people to make it as fun as it could have been in my opinion. but a blast none the less haha.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2011, 8:02 pm

ok, well, here the few pictures ( i mean few, like only 6) I took with my camera. its gonna be a few days probably before I get the ones from my friend.

https://s710.photobucket.com/albums/ww102/FireStartr420/CAMM%20Starved%20Rock%20Cruise%2010-9-11/
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2011, 8:24 pm

Was a great day for a drive that park was over packed wow agreed it woulda been more fun without 5 million people there.
drive back was nice we played with an M5 on 12 until he tried to turn off and changed his mind at the last minute rolled over this huge pothole next to the road when he tried to get back on and was airborne for a few seconds we though he was gonna lose it. That had to fuck something up suspension wise it was a pretty hard hit.
Anyway the day was nice it just was no way we all could have stayed together with all those people there hell I don't even know if Brian and Deb made it we never saw them Sad
Back to top Go down
vagrant
CAMM Member
vagrant

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2011, 8:25 pm

Nice shots Tom! Couple hot pics from the parking lot in front of Macy's!

-vagrant
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2011, 8:38 pm

Starved Rock Cruise Pictures: Click Here!

Ok, well here is the link to the pics that I took. I haven't really looked at them good and it isn't all that I took but these were better than others at first glance. I'm glad we were able to go.

This makes 2 cruises this year!!! Thanks Adam and Tom for planning them both!! we need to do more!! They are much more fun than sitting at car shows. I'm glad we didn't decide to BBQ there, we would've had a big problem trying to find a spot.

I know Deb and Brian made it there but we never saw them and Vikes got lost from our group once we got there (maybe left?? too busy there)

Anyways, looking forward to the next one, and on a different weekend when Burgoo (??) isn't going on in Utica, that traffic was hellish!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2011, 8:43 pm

AlterEgo wrote:

Anyways, looking forward to the next one, and on a different weekend when Burgoo (??) isn't going on in Utica, that traffic was hellish!

my dad said we should have eaten at that festival in town. it was like a stew making festival.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2011, 8:45 pm

dude! People were parking miles away! It was crazy! We did pass duffy's though. It was completely packed with bikers.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2011, 8:47 pm

Now I get it as we were driving through there were lots of big pots with stuff cooking in them over fire pits. Hmm sounds interesting
Back to top Go down
Razor
CAMM Pro
Razor

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2011, 9:48 pm

Great day had fun cruising with everyone except the traffic down there. I didnt take many pics after orland but ill post what i have tomorrow when i get back home.
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2011, 9:51 pm

Great pics Tom and Jackie. Had a good time- great cruise-great people. Liked climbing the stairs so much that Nicholas and I decided to go on the other side and check out the "starved rock". Laughing Those were worse than the ones we climbed up to the lodge. It's too bad the park was WAY over crowded-maybe we would have never been separated.(cell phone reception would have been nice too...lol)

We left going through Utica- damn, lots of bikers. Took us 25 minutes to go 1.5 miles. But we got a ton of thumbs up from them as we crawled by - that was cool! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
AR-15QUEEN
CAMM All-Star
AR-15QUEEN

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2011, 10:26 pm

Was a good day! Nice seeing everyone! Once my friend Sean uploads the pics...I will post them. We got some great pics of the drive out there and some kickass pics from hiking the trails. Got some pics of the eagles and some deer too!

Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2011, 11:12 pm

thumbsup Love the pics thanks all!! I wish I would have come...I had fun at the Morris car show though over 2000 cars it was crazy...they filled to capacity and had to turn cars away! I will do next cruise for sure!!
Back to top Go down
Razor
CAMM Pro
Razor

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2011, 2:26 am

stairman wrote:

We left going through Utica- damn, lots of bikers. Took us 25 minutes to go 1.5 miles. But we got a ton of thumbs up from them as we crawled by - that was cool! thumbsup
As i was behind Vic i heard a few people talking about that cool challenger, and one guy actually liked my stripes and told me it looked good.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2011, 9:30 am

We did make it there we were in the park before you guys got to the lodge hiking already... we hiked for prob 5 miles or so... lots of fun... we have been there a couple of time before so we know our way around really well... didnt see anyone but we have some pics that i will post up sometime today... we are off to go apple picking now so have a great day...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!   Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening! - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starved Rock Cruise - this is happening!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: Around Chicagoland :: Past Events Archives-
Jump to: