Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH

Go down 
+2
Illinois Chaos
eviltrycycle
6 posters
AuthorMessage
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH Empty
PostSubject: Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH   Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2011, 6:42 am

Way more info on the site but I posted the important stuff.

Event Info

Dates: August 12-14, 2011
Times: Friday/Saturday/Sunday 8 AM - 6 PM

How Much? The cost for a spectator is $20 for a one day pass, $30 for a two day and $40 for a three day pass. Children 10 and under are free with a paid adult admission. Car entry fees are $65 for the Regular entry, $100 for the Race entry and $90 for the Judged Show entry. Additional weekend passes are $40 each. Parking is $5 in Lots A & C or Free in Lots F & G. Note: Car entry fees change after June 30.

How long do I have to pre-register? Mail entries will be accepted up to a July 12th post mark, anything after that will be rejected. Note higher prices after June 30th. YOU CAN ENTER YOUR VEHICLE AT THE GATE in the Regular & Race entry choices, prices will be based on car & driver. No Judged Car Show entries after the June 30th Cutoff date.

What type of Car does the Mopar Nationals Show accept? Car entries are limited to Chrysler and AMC bodied/powered vehicles that are 1990 and older. Newer vehicles that are special editions, performance versions or modified are also welcome. The every day Mini-Van, Jeep or Truck is not considered a show vehicle, and will not be allowed entry at the gate, but will be parked in the spectator parking lots. I am sure you do not want to come to a show and view everyday rides or have one parked next to your show car. Brand X vehicles will not be allowed in the show area, only Brand X Vendor transportation and race car tow vehicles will be allowed entry, but they must be in the race pits or swap meet area only. No parking in Show Areas. Entries of “everyday rides” will be turned down and sent back in the mail.

How do I get to National Trail Raceway? National Trail Raceway is located in Hebron, Ohio, just east of Columbus on US-40 between RT. 158 and US-37. See MAP/Directions for more information or use 2650 National Rd SW, Hebron, OH. 43025 in Mapquest.

Motel Rooms? Motel rooms sell out fast for this event. Make sure you book early. We suggest you review the Motel listing provided or call the Convention Bureau who can help in locating a room. 1-866-397-2657 There are also motels located in Newark and Heath that are close to the track and the night cruising.

Motel Listing

What's new and what's happening at this year's Mopar Nationals? - Mopar Nationals is celebrating its 31st Anniversary! Along with the special tribute display, there will be numerous displays of past year Mopar Nats events, including cars and guest appearances. More to be announced!

Every Participant or Spectator has an opportunity to win Door Prizes that will be awarded throughout the weekend. The top half of your admission ticket will serve as your entry into the drawing for great door prizes at the event. YOU NEED TO BE PRESENT TO WIN.

Mopar Nationals has a "Car Club Parking Area". If your a member of a Mopar Car Club and have at least 10 members wanting to enter their classic car into the 2011 Mopar Nationals (applications must be sent in together in one mailing package), then you can park together in a reserved area on the Judged Show side of the track.

Returning again this year is the highly successful Match Box Car Drag Race. Children 10 and under can compete. Mopar Nats will supply the race track, the match box car and the prizes for the kids to race. Depending on the number of entries, we will have a race off and prizes for the top 3 cars. Afterwards, the kids can keep their Match Box car as a souvenir of the event. This event takes place on Saturday at 12 Noon for registration and will be completed by 1PM.

We will also be holding the Children’s Coloring Contest. Mopar Nationals will supply the artwork that has to be colored along with crayons. Contestants must be under the age of 8 years old. First, second and third place will be awarded. Artwork sheets will be available for pickup at the Mopar Children’s tent on Saturday starting at 11 AM. Entries are required to be turned in by 12 Noon with winners announced.

Once again an organized Cruise will take place Saturday night. Participants will be able to "cruise" in a special area and park in a designated lot to view each others cars. The Cruise will take place in Heath. Details will be available at the event registration tent and participant goody bags. Naturally Cruisin’ Brice Road will take place all weekend long.

Drag Racing at the 31st Annual Mopar Nationals always brings out some of the best and fastest iron that the Pentastar ever produced. Competition is fierce! From Max-Wedges, Hemi's, small-blocks, big-blocks, Gen II Hemi’s, turbo-fours and V-10's, all will compete in side-by-side drag racing action. The all 4 speed (Manual) transmission Drag Racing class in tribute to the Legendary Ronnie Sox is also planned to return. See the Nostalgic Shoot-Out where Max Wedge and Hemi cars will compete along with the Super Pro, Pro, Street, Young Gun and other classes. This should keep all the audience on its feet. The show, racing and judging, the largest all-Mopar Midway in the world and more than 1,900 Swap Meet spaces, make this a weekend to remember. The 31st Annual Mopar Nationals is an event you just can't afford to miss! See the Mopar Performance Road Show, Chrysler's latest concept cars and the many major manufacturers in attendance. From Dodge business coupes to coupes than mean business, from Vipers to 300's to Prowlers, GT Cruisers and SRT’s... see it all August 12th - 14th at National Trail Raceway, Columbus, Ohio . Often imitated... never duplicated, it’s the 31st Annual Mopar Nationals... It’s going to be a blast!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH   Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2011, 10:46 am

I'm planning on going. Prolly won't know for sure until the last minute.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH   Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2011, 11:55 am

Mopar Marc was talking to us about it at Great Lakes last Sunday. I know a few people were thinking about going.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH   Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2011, 8:30 pm

We will be leaving from Mr. Norm's at noon on Thurs. I hope Tim hits some 8's with Loco to show everyone that it's futile to resist the power of Mr. Norm's, lol. The car has 7's in it after he dials it all in. An 8 hit would shut the smack talking Mr. Norm's haters up for good. The PWR motor is in and ready. Of course there are some critical build parts still coming in, giving them less than 2 days to finish the build.

I'm a little bit nervous about this track. It has a brick wall instead of a sand pit. Then there is some damned maze configuration to get to the return road. I think I'll just drive down slow the first time and have a look around before I just blast off towards a brick wall at 120 mph. Last year Tim said he pulled his chute and it failed to open and the wall was getting really big.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH   Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH I_icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2011, 4:34 pm

Tom just called me from the track.

Tim made two passes today in the Loco Challenger

Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH 264735_129310600483713_100002143200742_217647_5994083_n

1st pass 8.77 @ 170 mph

2nd pass 8.64 @ 174 mph

Good job guys hope you are having a blast.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH   Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH I_icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2011, 7:50 pm

Tim Barth is the proud driver of The Worlds Fastest Challenger. It is a full frame and full body door car that weighs 3,613lbs. This weekend it went 8.44 in e/t and a best of 174 mph. He is still breaking in the motor, so he lets out of it at the 1000ft. sometimes and still e/t's the same but mph is a little lower. Plus it hits the limiter at the big end, so he isn't pushing it too hard yet. He has had as much as 32lbs of boost and ran this weekend at around 20 or so.

Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH   Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH I_icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2011, 8:06 pm

So. Freaking. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH   Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH I_icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2011, 10:03 pm

WTG Tim!!! Tom- Great videos!!! I agree with Crystal....AWESOME!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH   Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH I_icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2011, 11:19 pm

way to go tim!!!
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH   Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2011, 12:14 am

That's just incredible! cheers
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH   Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2011, 6:35 am

Congrats to Tim! Why is the exhaust coming out the sides of the front bumper? I'm sure there is a good reason.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH   Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2011, 7:25 am

Shawn1112 wrote:
Congrats to Tim! Why is the exhaust coming out the sides of the front bumper? I'm sure there is a good reason.

Twin Turbo car.

Just as a little insight as to what is going on here. After Tim's first pass on Fri. (lost traction bad and still went a 10.0 at 160 mph.) he came back around a little later and the valve spring on the trans brake stuck (disabling it) The head track official kicked him off the line. The crowd and all the rest of the track officials were chanting "let him run" The next day we found out that the owner of the track kicked that officials ass and from there on Mr. Norm's was THE featured event at the Nats. The announcer was doing Mr. Norm's commercials and giving cudos to Tim and crew from the tower and would call out to us every so often, from the tower, to just come on over and run anytime you want and we will stop everything to let you run. Tim was the Hero of the whole event. After Tim would come back to the pits, throngs of people would mob him for autographs and come over to see the car. It was hard for the 3 of us to get out of the pits to make our lane calls to race. (Todd went out in the first round and I went out in the second cuz my brakes didn't hold and my car lurched a little Sad) I hate to lose that way, lol.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH   Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2011, 9:19 am

Congrats making it to the 2nd round Tom! Your getting there.

Tim I know I have told you before but I will say it again you have the coolest job ever man.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH   Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2011, 12:32 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
Congrats making it to the 2nd round Tom! Your getting there.

Tim I know I have told you before but I will say it again you have the coolest job ever man.

Thanks, but to tell the truth, I only made it that far cuz the other lane red lighted. My car isn't quite there yet. I'm not quite in the hunt either. The racers I go up against are all dead on and know that there car will run within a few hundreths of their dial in. They all have delay boxes and trans brakes, so it's impossible for me to tree them. They see my dial in and put that in the delay box and it's all automatic from there. I leave on a foot brake, so I'm just screwed there. I don't get pissed about losing at this point. I just need to step up my game as far as the car goes and get more experience racing.

Tim and Todd are helping me to get better at racing. I try to listen and follow all of their instructions. Going out in the second round was all my fault and I forgot what Tim taught me. My car lurched forward during my burnout and so I aborted and went to the line and lurched it again for a different reason and red lighted. What I should have done was back up into the water box and start my burnout over again. Then at the line I have to look to see how many rpm's I'm putting on my converter. I had too many rpm's and went into boost.

All in all I was very happy about how consistant my car is running in heat and I was within 1/100th on Fri/Sat. all day long. On Sunday it was more like .2 and was difficult to decide on the dial in, so I had to go with what it was on my last pass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH   Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mopar Nationals in Columbus, OH
Page 1 of 1