Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2012 SRT's to get blower option?

Go down 
+2
5.7daytona
jontoad
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

2012 SRT's to get blower option? Empty
PostSubject: 2012 SRT's to get blower option?   2012 SRT's to get blower option? I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2011, 1:35 pm

not sure how credible the source is but this is floating around...

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1063832_dodge-charger-challenger-srt8-to-get-570-hp-supercharger-in-2012-exclusive

Quote :
Gear up, muscle car fans, as we've once again got an exclusive scoop on what's in store for you. The horsepower wars are most certainly not over. Dodge's newly-formed SRT brand is planning a factory-option supercharger for the LX-platform SRT8 cars that'll boost the new 6.4-liter HEMI as high as 570 horsepower.

Though it's likely reluctant to frame it as a response to the 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 and the coming upgraded Ford Mustang GT500, the supercharged SRT8 cars are probably exactly that. Our inside source says the twin-screw supercharger kit, which will be available for order as a factory part, will come very late in calendar year 2012 for 2013 model-year cars, and will boost horsepower up to the 540-570 hp range.

That's right on par with the competition, which is also due out around that time frame. The supercharger kit, built by Eaton, will also come with another upgrade: eight-speed transmissions.

Pricing remains unknown at this point, as does any word on what the blown SRT8s will get in the way of unique naming or badges, but the information comes from a dependable source, so if you're in the market for an LX-platform SRT8 (sorry, Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 fans, no love for you) you might want to hold onto your cash for another year to get the big dog. Of course, it's likely to be offered as an available dealer-installed upgrade to existing SRT8s, too, so maybe you can go ahead and pull the trigger now.

We'll keep you posted as we learn more.
Back to top Go down
5.7daytona
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: 2012 SRT's to get blower option?   2012 SRT's to get blower option? I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2011, 1:42 pm

i think this would make sense since the 6.4 really isn't pushing out that much hp for that big of a engine. they would need to do this in order to compete with the Mustang and Camaro. it will be interesting to see if this comes alive.
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: 2012 SRT's to get blower option?   2012 SRT's to get blower option? I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2011, 3:35 pm

It is going to be really interesting to see how the 8-speed perks up performance from the V6 thru to the SRT8.

Funny how you read the first 300 and Charger reviews from 2004-2005 and everyone is praising the 5 speed and now most reviewers think it needs another gear or two.

We've definately seen some gear quantity inflation over the past few years!

It is also odd how this article makes it sound like they are excluding the JGC when the first news of this I read on Allpar was confirmation for the JGC and possibly others.

It sure looks like the golden age of horsepower is upon us and continuing into the near future.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: 2012 SRT's to get blower option?   2012 SRT's to get blower option? I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2011, 3:47 pm

BigM wrote:

Funny how you read the first 300 and Charger reviews from 2004-2005 and everyone is praising the 5 speed and now most reviewers think it needs another gear or two.

that's mostly because Dodge trans's get a bad rap and the 5 speed was a Mercedes built piece.

i love my Nag1 with the blue tops in it. best trans i have ever had. (non manual that is)
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: 2012 SRT's to get blower option?   2012 SRT's to get blower option? I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2011, 5:10 pm

Well if this is the case anyone want to buy my chally next year? Wink
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: 2012 SRT's to get blower option?   2012 SRT's to get blower option? I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2011, 5:13 pm

Sure Vic I'll take it. Give a good CAMM deal haha!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: 2012 SRT's to get blower option?   2012 SRT's to get blower option? I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2011, 5:15 pm

Headtripp wrote:
Well if this is the case anyone want to buy my chally next year? Wink

trade for an old dakota? neener
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: 2012 SRT's to get blower option?   2012 SRT's to get blower option? I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2011, 6:21 pm

Wow this is gonna be interesting. I can use another LX in the near future lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 SRT's to get blower option?   2012 SRT's to get blower option? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2012 SRT's to get blower option?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: CAMM General Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: