Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.

Go down 
+7
RT!st!C
firestartr420
Illinois Chaos
eviltrycycle
Bulldog
Headtripp
jontoad
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. Empty
PostSubject: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2011, 5:38 pm

we went to this before, this year its 2 days long and called mopar weekend. its Saturday the 30th and Sunday the 31st.

i might go Sunday if there is interest again this year. (not too far for you northern guys and gals)

its the car show we went to last year where the show cars get a free run on the drags if you want after the show.

Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. 1jss9j

Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. 125qte8

only bad part is just like last year we would be in "Hemi" or "other" classes since they don't have modern classes. i just posted this on their facebook page to see if we can get some love on modern car classes in the show...

Quote :
i just got your flyer for the mopar weekend two days ago. i go to that every year, but one question. could you add modern mopar car classes for the show? we have over 200 members at ChicagolandAreaModernMopars.co​m and every year the people from our club that show up are all lumped in "other" for the show. now a days you get just as many modern mopars as you do classic mopars at a show. can ya help us out with that class system?
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2011, 10:14 am

Seriously what is their obsession with wearing pants when you race are they afraid you will burn your leg hair off
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2011, 11:22 am

Does that mean your going?
Back to top Go down
Bulldog
CAMM Pro
Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2011, 11:54 am

Headtripp wrote:
Seriously what is their obsession with wearing pants when you race are they afraid you will burn your leg hair off

They must think in the event of an accident...The "long pants" are going to keep your leg from falling off...I on the other hand tend to disagree...
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2011, 12:01 pm

I might go up Sunday, the last time we all went it was fun. Will have to play it by ear, I might get stuck on a plane later this week. Booooo.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2011, 1:53 pm

Headtripp wrote:

Yeah long pants, but you can still go Commando Vic.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2011, 6:44 pm

they have been responding to me on facebook. asking for what classes we would want.

they wrote-

Quote :
Marcel Kuper - Tell me what modern mopar class[es] you wish for. We will see what we can do at the last hour. Tanks!

i wrote back-

Quote :
A 2000 and up stock, 2000 and up modified, 90s stock, and 90s modified maybe?
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2011, 7:53 pm

Good job Jon. Now we all need to show up to make it worth their while to do the change.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2011, 8:08 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
Good job Jon. Now we all need to show up to make it worth their while to do the change.

id feel like an ass if i bitched and didn't go..... so who's with me. i feel like burnin some gas to road trip it up there.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2011, 9:00 pm

Depending on the weather were in for the show
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2011, 9:02 pm

And I will be wearing shorts but not sure on the underwear Laughing
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2011, 10:08 pm

Headtripp wrote:
And I will be wearing shorts but not sure on the underwear Laughing

i guess I'll have to bring a taller chair this time...
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2011, 6:33 am

jontoad wrote:
id feel like an ass if i bitched and didn't go..... so who's with me. i feel like burnin some gas to road trip it up there.

Im in as long as no rain.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2011, 4:30 pm

this just in...

Quote :
Great Lakes Dragaway - Jonathan we have added these four classes to our show. Thank you for the suggestion!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2011, 4:52 pm

Good job JT. Now lets all go and win!
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2011, 5:07 pm

yay Jon is starting the revolution
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2011, 9:40 pm

Its for sure on the flyer on the website now, we have classes. Going to start a list, who is in for sure?

jontoad
eviltrycycle
firestartr420 (maybe)
RT!st!C
Illinois Chaos
AlterEgo
Headtripp

Last edited by eviltrycycle on July 30th 2011, 9:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2011, 5:31 pm

i can almost never be a for sure... but im going to make an attempt to make this one... ive never actually been to a drag strip before, let alone, ever actually drag raced, besides a little fun on the roads here...
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2011, 7:20 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
i can almost never be a for sure... but im going to make an attempt to make this one... ive never actually been to a drag strip before, let alone, ever actually drag raced, besides a little fun on the roads here...

cool. it will be fun.
Back to top Go down
RT!st!C
CAMM Pro
RT!st!C

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2011, 8:31 pm

Im In!!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2011, 8:51 pm

yeay!
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2011, 11:25 pm

if i do get the opportunity to go... what time is everyone going up/getting there?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2011, 12:06 am

In
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2011, 9:10 am

The gates open up at 9 am so anyone that wants to get there when the gates open lets plan on meeting at:

Mars' Cheese Castle • 2800 120th Ave. • Kenosha, WI 53144 @ 830 am.

We can hang out until 845/850 am and then leave and go get in line to get into the track.

Track address is 18411 1st Street, Union Grove, WI 53182-9200

Anyone coming from the south (Plainfield area) if you want to follow me up I will be leaving around 630/645 am to head up. Just speak up so I can name a meeting spot.

Those that are coming later just send me a text or call (pm for cell number) and we will do our best to save you a spot.

Last edited by eviltrycycle on July 30th 2011, 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2011, 9:45 am

We wont be there until later, well maybe vic will be there early and i will meet there later. We have family staying over tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.   Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great Lakes Dragway Mopar weekend.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: Around Chicagoland :: Past Events Archives-
Jump to: