Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The mangos cover

Go down 
+9
Hoodie
Axiom
HemiMag
TheDarkKnight
Dalegit1
irishrt5.7
chargerchick
Moparcharger07
Headtripp
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

The mangos cover Empty
PostSubject: The mangos cover   The mangos cover I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 10:07 pm

Figured we would give Maaco a chance to paint the mangos engine cover they did prety good
here is the before
The mangos cover 102_3227

And the results The color is dead on although this looks more red.. it is not cameras are just funny that way I guess heh

The mangos cover SDC11492
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

The mangos cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mangos cover   The mangos cover I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 10:08 pm

That looks great man!!!
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

The mangos cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mangos cover   The mangos cover I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 10:08 pm

That looks awesome....so much better without that Hemi orange. Smile
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

The mangos cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mangos cover   The mangos cover I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 10:49 pm

Saw this in person last weekend... looks so good...
Back to top Go down
Dalegit1
CAMM Pro
Dalegit1

The mangos cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mangos cover   The mangos cover I_icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2009, 2:22 am

Nice ...
Back to top Go down
TheDarkKnight
CAMM Pro
TheDarkKnight

The mangos cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mangos cover   The mangos cover I_icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2009, 4:30 am

That looks great and I also like the BT goodies, CAI, and that brace under there!!!
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

The mangos cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mangos cover   The mangos cover I_icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2009, 10:03 am

Wow how much this run you for???I would've never thought Maaco was this good...It looks perfect even my wife fell in love with her car lol....
Back to top Go down
Axiom
CAMM Member
Axiom

The mangos cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mangos cover   The mangos cover I_icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2009, 11:20 am

HemiMag24s wrote:
Wow how much this run you for???I would've never thought Maaco was this good...It looks perfect even my wife fell in love with her car lol....

Maaco's painting is pretty decent. It's their prep work that blows monkey nuts.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

The mangos cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mangos cover   The mangos cover I_icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2009, 12:05 pm

Axiom wrote:
HemiMag24s wrote:

yup thats right!!!Nm what I said lol....
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

The mangos cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mangos cover   The mangos cover I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2009, 1:03 pm

Axiom wrote:
HemiMag24s wrote:

Damn straight on the prep work.. The bad part is that is half the battle of getting a good end result..
Back to top Go down
ttruckinon
CAMM Pro
ttruckinon

The mangos cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mangos cover   The mangos cover I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2009, 3:25 pm

Makes me want to get The Ladies cover redone. That looks a lot better than my rattle can job. How much did they charge you?
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

The mangos cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mangos cover   The mangos cover I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2009, 8:17 pm

They charged a bit over $200 which is one reason that I took it back in today so they could fix a few things that I wasn't happy with. I wanted the writing on the top of the cover to be color matched to my car, not Hemi orange and there were a couple of spots that looked really bad on it. I think he said they must have burned it with a buffer or something. I don't care what they did, I just want them to fix it.

It was kinda a shit job (up close and to me) around the lettering. It wasn't crisp like I wanted it to be. It looked like they rushed it. Hopefully the guy will fix it and I will be happier about it. All in all, for Maaco, I didn't think it was too bad.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

The mangos cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mangos cover   The mangos cover I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2009, 8:24 pm

If you arent happy w/ it then right on girl.... because you have to live w/ it but it did look bad ass...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

The mangos cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mangos cover   The mangos cover I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2009, 8:27 pm

I thought it looked good.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

The mangos cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mangos cover   The mangos cover I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2009, 8:40 pm

Thanks guys. It does look good, I mean it couldn't have looked worse Laughing
It just kinda pissed me off when I dropped it off the first time the guy immediately started kinda whining about how the lettering is so hard to do and blah blah blah and then I get it back and it is wrong......so he'll just be doing it again (and a better job) or I will keep taking it back.

Don't get me wrong. I do like it, it's just I'm being a perfectionist. Especially since I have seen so many engine covers that have such intricate paint jobs on them and this guys whines about the stupid lettering. Gimme a break! Suck it Up Pansy! that's what I say.....

lol!
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

The mangos cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mangos cover   The mangos cover I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2009, 9:26 pm

From what I saw on Saturday, it looked fantastic! But I know how it goes... I'm a perfectionist about stuff like that too and as the owner, you always notice things that probably nobody else ever will.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

The mangos cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mangos cover   The mangos cover I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2009, 10:31 pm

If you pay for something, you should get it done right and to your satisfaction!
Back to top Go down
Dalegit1
CAMM Pro
Dalegit1

The mangos cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mangos cover   The mangos cover I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2009, 6:55 am

x2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The mangos cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: The mangos cover   The mangos cover I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The mangos cover
Page 1 of 1