Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Decisions decisions

Go down 
+6
Illinois Chaos
Headtripp
irishrt5.7
Shawn1112
ttruckinon
Okie6.1
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Decisions decisions Empty
PostSubject: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2011, 9:51 pm

Ok so I am trying to figure out my next big mod. I have two things I want to do but funds will only allow me to do one. One is to visit inertia for some performance goodies and a simple show mod. The other is a extensive body mod which would change the look dramatically and a small shot of performance. Over the rest of the year I will be gathering parts for either project just having a hell of a time deciding. What are your guys inputs? Ultimate decision is mine but value others opinions especially CAMM.

Last edited by Okie5.7 on May 22nd 2011, 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ttruckinon
CAMM Pro
ttruckinon

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2011, 9:59 pm

Just got The Lady back and I vote performance mods but either way I'm sure you will have fun!

http://www.chicagolandareamodernmopars.com/t5366-the-lady-in-red-is-back
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2011, 10:24 pm

If you tell us what the hell your trying to choose from it would be alot easier
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2011, 10:43 pm

yeah no shit...lol
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2011, 10:51 pm

Just do the thing with the thing you know that thing ???
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2011, 11:20 pm

Ok I'm thinking either get cam and performance heads plus the srt fascia swap. Or do the 300 swap with grip fascia with just cam and some giggle juice.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2011, 11:34 pm

Okie5.7 wrote:
Ok I'm thinking either get cam and performance heads plus the srt fascia swap. Or do the 300 swap with grip fascia with just cam and some giggle juice.
Okay bro here is my take on it. What are you more intrested in doing, racing or showing???
When I first bought my Charger I planned on building it to race. I did a cam, headers and other things until the show bug bit me.
Ever since then I have did pretty much nothing but show mods. Its a tough decision because I like both your ideas, so only you can answer the question, what would you rather do show or race?????
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2011, 11:42 pm

Headtripp wrote:

LMAO
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2011, 11:48 pm

That's the problem I like both. Tom got me addicted on the racing aspect but I don't think I could ever touch what his addiction has driven him too. Then on the other hand I love showing and want the 300 front. Tough decision I need to do a little more research on paint so I can compare the price of the two and really go from there.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions I_icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2011, 8:53 am

Personally if you are not wanting to spend money over and over and over i say do the show mods the racing mods will never end ever.... you will break things you will want to go faster and having an 05 magnum you will eventually need to to pull the entire motor to forge everything so you dont keep blowing up...or put in something that is bullet proof like an arrington stroker... $$$$$ i have already convinced myself that once my car is done and i am up and racing that i will get one maybe 2 seasons out of it and then it will be done and i will have to rebuild or replace my motor. not to mention all of the drive componants that will need to be rebuilt or replaced as well... so you really need to think in long terms...if you are going to race there is no need to do the fasia mods as you are racing it if you go into a wall your insurance wont cover it anyways...
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions I_icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2011, 9:19 am

That is what I was thinking really would like to have more power but I think the current set up is good. Just be nice to have some more avaiable. Show mods would be great and would really set my Maggie apart. Ill make a descion soon and let everyone know when I'm ready to reveal.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions I_icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2011, 10:21 am

Brian is dead on, Nick. My car is very close to the end of the parts train it takes to build a race car. I could have had a 1700 hp motor in it for all I have spent so far. I don't even want to think about how much the motor is going to be. I wouldn't do it any other way, just saying. I've dreamed about doing this since I was young. I couldn't do it while the kids were growing up. I have put much thought into doing this. I think that's what you have to do too.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions I_icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2011, 11:42 am

i wanted engine work mods this year but very expensive, so my vote for you is body mods.unlesss your rich then mod both
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions I_icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2011, 12:07 pm

I'm with Shawn, after I attended my first show I was addicted. Eem if I didn't win a trophy,having all those people around your car is more rewarding to me. I am going for show more than once I have done what I think makes unique then I'll start on performance .....
Back to top Go down
ttruckinon
CAMM Pro
ttruckinon

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions I_icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2011, 1:10 pm

You can do both as long as you don't take either to the extreme. The Lady has taken 15 trophies in shows and has done a lot of passes on the strip as well as a road course track day or two. No reason a show car can't be fast or a race car show worthy. I don't think I'll ever win any trophies at the track but it's fun to run her now and then. I know I will never get her to the show level Shawn has achieved but I love doing shows win' lose or draw.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions I_icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2011, 7:49 pm

I think I've made my descion and am going to do the 300 swap with some custom aspects to make it my own. I might sneak a cam in there as well. Never know what I'm up to.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions I_icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2011, 8:16 pm

just make sure its that grip 300 front end. the regular 300 front end would be a hell of a downgrade in my opinion.

i like the magnum front end on a 300 but not the other way around. super T's car looks amazing with the 300 grip bumper though.

Decisions decisions Vp9glj
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions I_icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2011, 8:19 pm

Yeah grip is the way I would go.
Back to top Go down
northsiderz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2011, 7:36 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Headtripp wrote:

LMAO

^^x2

But to throw out an opinion....I've always like the 300 front end with the Grip on it. Other than that, I think Shawn hit it right on the head with you gotta decide what's more important right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions   Decisions decisions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Decisions decisions
Page 1 of 1