Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box

Go down 
+2
Admin
irishrt5.7
6 posters
AuthorMessage
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box Empty
PostSubject: Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box   Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 8:26 am

I came across this on LX forums if anyone is looking to do a cam set up anytime soon..

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=178837
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box   Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 8:45 am

I've been eyeing that.. Non-MDS lifters are worth about $200, so that's a smoking deal.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box   Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 9:40 am

Man oh man is this a sweet deal!!!
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box   Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 11:27 am

Me to but i dont know if it is going to give me what i am looking for for my car...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box   Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 11:36 am

What are you looking for?

Spartan is a strong, mid to high end cam that doesn't suffer in the low end compared to larger cams. This is an ideal camshaft for an lx owner who doesn't necessarily want to do ported heads. It is MDS friendly with proper tuning...
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box   Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 11:50 am

Honestly i am looking for more of an old school sound like your old srt max rumbler and a set of big valve heads... but it will take a while before i can get that kinda money saved up... but i also dont wanna rob my performance either... i dont know...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box   Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 12:11 pm

If I can figure out how to hide this from the wifey, I will be upgrading my Sidewinder!
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box   Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 12:15 pm

what else would be needed for an install w/ all the stuff that is listed on here???
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box   Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 12:32 pm

irishrt5.7 wrote:
what else would be needed for an install w/ all the stuff that is listed on here???
Pm Matt he would be the guy to tell you! I was talking to him about it and it sounded like everything is there for the install. The only extra things I could think of would be oil and antifreeze! You would also need to get tuned thats about $300-$400 depending on where you go.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box   Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 12:33 pm

Sounds like everything is included PLUS the $200 non-mds lifters.. It's a hell of a deal.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box   Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 1:01 pm

Do you all have a recommendation on who does good tuning???
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box   Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 1:01 pm

and also how much does the install cost for it is it again
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box   Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 1:17 pm

Damn this sounds good... Matt this is the sound i want lol.... granted that is a lot of $$$ but eventually thats what i want...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjzWDBYx9v4&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box   Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 2:21 pm

irishrt5.7 wrote:
I can get you a solid base tune.. Dyno tuning, I don't know.

irishrt5.7 wrote:
and also how much does the install cost for it is it again
$450 from your friendly neighborhood Cobra man...

irishrt5.7 wrote:
Damn this sounds good... Matt this is the sound i want lol.... granted that is a lot of $$$ but eventually thats what i want...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjzWDBYx9v4&feature=related
Money doesn't buy lope, an aggressive LSA with some overlap does. Straight pipe exhaust will give you a sound like that too... Stock or most aftermarket catbacks will muffle most of the lope.

The more overlap, the less power you see. Generally, overlap on a cam is good for torque.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box   Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 6:49 pm

elcobra44 wrote:
irishrt5.7 wrote:
I can get you a solid base tune.. Dyno tuning, I don't know.

When you say a solid base tune what does that mean exactly... i have a predator so does this mean that you will tune it w/ in the predator???
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box   Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 6:55 pm

Meaning the air fuel won't be 100%, but it'll be close.. It'll run slightly rich (safe) at WOT.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box   Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 6:56 pm

elcobra44 wrote:
Meaning the air fuel won't be 100%, but it'll be close.. It'll run slightly rich (safe) at WOT.

Oh ok i gotcha sorry for the stupid question... i am sure i am rich as it is now anyways...
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box   Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2009, 1:51 pm

Sounds like a great deal.. And definitely let Matt do the install.. He knows what he's doing..
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box   Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2009, 9:00 pm

If I didn't have almost 3 years left on my 3 year warranty, I'd go for this!

Doesn't Modern Muscle do good dyno tunes?
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box   Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2009, 9:02 pm

This might have sold but i am not sure....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box   Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Complete 5.7 Spartan setup, new in box
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine & Trans Performance-
Jump to: