Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Catch can

Go down 
+4
Moparcharger07
firestartr420
Shawn1112
5.7daytona
8 posters
AuthorMessage
5.7daytona
CAMM Member

Catch can  Empty
PostSubject: Catch can    Catch can  I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 4:10 pm

hey guys got a quick question for you. i was cleaning catch can out today since i had my oil changed on Sat and to my surprise i found a sludge like substance stuck to the bottom of the can. is this normal?? any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Catch can  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can    Catch can  I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 4:40 pm

Any pics??? Was it creamy/milky color?
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Catch can  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can    Catch can  I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 5:01 pm

sounds like the catch can is doing its job!!!
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Catch can  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can    Catch can  I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 6:12 pm

I just cleaned mine last night too, and found the same stuff, it's normal
Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

Catch can  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can    Catch can  I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 6:16 pm

i cleaned mine last week same milky looking stuff
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Catch can  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can    Catch can  I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 7:47 pm

That's what it does. That shit would be blowing down your intake and into your cylinder otherwise. Nice catch! lol.

Last edited by Illinois Chaos on April 26th 2011, 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

Catch can  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can    Catch can  I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 8:12 pm

Yeah if it's milky then it's just water mixed with the oil blow by. It's normal.
Back to top Go down
5.7daytona
CAMM Member

Catch can  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can    Catch can  I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2011, 9:16 am

phewwwww, thanks for the help guys i was kinda worried when i emptied it out and found this gunk on the bottom of the can. glad this shit isn't going back into my engine!!!everybody should def get one of these. LET'S GO HAWKS AND BULLS!!!!! it would be nice to get double clinchers tonight.
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

Catch can  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can    Catch can  I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 12:41 am

Yeah ya gotta figure that the oil that gets caught in there gets baked as well so yeah it's quite normal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Catch can  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catch can    Catch can  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catch can
Page 1 of 1