Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cold Air Intake

Go down 
+11
Headtripp
Shawn1112
5.7daytona
ChiTownHemi
Sublime378
jesse031081
inkedup
ghost
firestartr420
moaugust88
Kooch
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kooch
CAMM Member
Kooch

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 10:41 am

In the market for one. Any suggestions? do they even work? Has anyone on here heard ofLegmaker intakes? They look like they would work, but looking for some real world feedback. Thanx!!
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 10:47 am

Legmakers are one of the better or best ones out there. You can get one of the fenderwell intake to get the most of an intake. The SRT intake flows pretty well with a K&N drop in for a 5.7. For the 6.1 the mopar CAI are pretty good. But that fenderwell intake from Legmaker well give you the better feel and performance. Really just depends on how much you want to spend and what you like really when it comes down to it.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 10:50 am

most cold air intakes will add roughly 8-12 bhp to the engines by allowing for cooler, less restricted air to enter the intake, allowing for better performance. By all means you should get yourself one. I havent heard of Legmaker, however, if you read through some of the Cold Air intakes (CAI for short) threads on this forum you should find a link to a thread on the LX forums where a guy actually tested all the most popular intakes on a dyno.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 10:56 am

Here ya go it's hours worth of reading:
http://www.lxforums.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=164

Last edited by moaugust88 on April 24th 2011, 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kooch
CAMM Member
Kooch

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 10:58 am

thanx guys!!
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 11:00 am

moaugust88 wrote:
Here ya go it's hours worth of reading:
http://www.lxforums.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=164

thanks for finding that for him Mo, i didnt feel like doing the search.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 11:41 am

isnt the legmaker just a frankentake IV that somebody is producing and selling?
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 11:46 am

Not THE legmaker its really just a brand and yeah they make their own version of the Frankentake IV

Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 12:15 pm

i trust k&n ..........
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 12:34 pm

inkedup wrote:
i trust k&n ..........

So do I, they have never done me wrong..... but there are better options. Until we (other prototype recipients) get the new intake from R2C, I'll still run my Daytona + SRT hybrid intake with a K&N drop in. I like it for what it does.

Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 12:45 pm

Ive seen the numbers of the R2C in person on my car vs. the K&N And the R2C is way way better!
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 1:04 pm

I can't wait to get it! The filter on that intake was HUGE! They put a lot of thought into it. Can't wait for the dyno numbers as well. Has anyone looked at or picked up the one they have available for the 3.5 V6.

Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 1:46 pm

moaugust88 wrote:
I can't wait to get it! The filter on that intake was HUGE! They put a lot of thought into it. Can't wait for the dyno numbers as well. Has anyone looked at or picked up the one they have available for the 3.5 V6.

I've got myself the Big Bully CAI for the 3.5 from 3G, and i really like it... just needs a better filter.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 1:50 pm

You could get a replacement one from R2C, some guys on LX did that or at least Rev.Hammer was offering it to people with the R2C filter.
Here's a post he did a year ago but explains some benefits:
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=201387

Last edited by moaugust88 on April 24th 2011, 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 1:54 pm

Chanting........(k&n ) (k&n)
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 1:56 pm

lol

Last edited by moaugust88 on April 24th 2011, 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 1:56 pm

AFE just sayin
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 1:59 pm

Still going k & n ,k&n
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 2:00 pm

How many cars have you had a K&N filter / intake on?
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 2:06 pm

All ten cars I owned .I even got a k& n tattoo.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 2:11 pm

.....kay bit far, but yeah almost every car that I've had has had a K&N filter. My 92 Cougar, 01 Impala and the Mag. I've recommend them to everyone too. And when I finally junked the Impala I gave the K&N filter I had in there to my Grandfather for his 96 88 3.8. Fit fine in the stock air box, he complained later that the throttle was touchy and he was flying around now, but I think thats just cause his old filter was dirty and the car wasn't used to that. They are proven power and reliability. But it's just a better air filter / intake over stock.
Back to top Go down
Sublime378
CAMM Member
Sublime378

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 3:06 pm

Allright I was looking about a year ago for a cold air intake I know every one say its a big big differance and from my own experance it is I could not belive how much it improved my preformance of my car and it make it sound mean to. K & N is no dought good but they just look so so plain and there no way you can customize it at all but I bought ARIA and painted it green my car is sublime with a sublime green filter and it looks so so mean the guys there can paint what ever color you want and give you what ever filter color you want to. now these or custom made pieces so it takes alittle time to have them made but I think its well well worth it. http://airflowinnovationscorp.com/intakes
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 3:24 pm

Aria is a great intake. I'm on my second one. Started with the metal one and then traded up to the composite. The new one is feather light compared to the original. A lot of LX'ers with these intakes.
Back to top Go down
Kooch
CAMM Member
Kooch

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 6:55 pm

thanx to all for the input. Now I just need to get one!!
Back to top Go down
5.7daytona
CAMM Member

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2011, 9:21 am

i have a Mopar one on my car, not bad i guess. not sure what the numbers are on it , but it totally sounds b.a. and i am happy with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cold Air Intake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Intake   Cold Air Intake I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cold Air Intake
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next