Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

first Autox of the year.

Go down 
+3
Illinois Chaos
eviltrycycle
jontoad
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

first Autox of the year. Empty
PostSubject: first Autox of the year.   first Autox of the year. I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2011, 8:04 pm

finally got to try the new suspension out on the track. i could not be happier with how she handled. stayed flat as a pancake and had great grip in the corners. the slalom speed i was carrying was far beyond what i could hold before.

Last edited by jontoad on April 17th 2011, 8:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: first Autox of the year.   first Autox of the year. I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2011, 8:05 pm

Next one you are going too I better get a phone call mister.

Looks like you had a blast glad she handled like you wanted. Smile
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: first Autox of the year.   first Autox of the year. I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2011, 9:45 pm

I can tell by the vid she doesn't snow plow with speed in corners. It can carry the shikanes and she has alot more manners on the course. Sweet Jon!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: first Autox of the year.   first Autox of the year. I_icon_minitimeApril 18th 2011, 3:22 pm

Was that at Sears Center?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: first Autox of the year.   first Autox of the year. I_icon_minitimeApril 18th 2011, 7:14 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Was that at Sears Center?

yup. its a nice setup cause it throws some challenges at you. there is quite an elevation change in that parking lot believe it or not. if you stand on one side of the lot you can't see the cars running on the other side. so turns over the crest make the car light and you loose traction and stuff. i like running sears center.

at about 29 seconds in the vid you can see where i come over the crest and it drops in the middle of a slalom.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: first Autox of the year.   first Autox of the year. I_icon_minitimeApril 18th 2011, 9:30 pm

Let me know next time your that close to my house. My son would like to see that.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: first Autox of the year.   first Autox of the year. I_icon_minitimeApril 18th 2011, 9:50 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Let me know next time your that close to my house. My son would like to see that.

our clubs next race there isn't till 7/17/11 for some reason. i might try to run with another club in the couple months leading up to that though. for some reason our schedule is real light early this year, then heavy August to October when we have 6 race dates.
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: first Autox of the year.   first Autox of the year. I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 1:07 pm

jontoad wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

our clubs next race there isn't till 7/17/11 for some reason. i might try to run with another club in the couple months leading up to that though. for some reason our schedule is real light early this year, then heavy August to October when we have 6 race dates.

That works for me Very Happy

my car wont be rdy until june I would love to have more info on when and where on racing.

Also if your down me and few friends are going to the dragon the second week of july
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: first Autox of the year.   first Autox of the year. I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 2:43 pm

Awesome man!!! Glad it feels better with the new suspension!!!

A matter of fact, I gotta go to Maywood this Saturday for the Windy City BMW autocross
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

PostSubject: Re: first Autox of the year.   first Autox of the year. I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 4:14 pm

haha lookin like a badass! that was awesome! i would like to come see you do that as well!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: first Autox of the year.   first Autox of the year. I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 7:14 pm

thanks guys.

Adam maywood is pretty beat up so our club is steering clear of that venue this year. it sucks that they wont stay on top of the pavement quality there cause it was cheap to rent. we stopped having a free lunch in order to afford the better racing surface.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: first Autox of the year.   first Autox of the year. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

first Autox of the year.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Car Show :: Photo and Video Sharing-
Jump to: