Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

H.I.D. questions

Go down 
+6
HEMI UP
HemiMag
Dave13
Moparcharger07
beach
arivera
10 posters
AuthorMessage
arivera
CAMM Member
arivera

H.I.D. questions Empty
PostSubject: H.I.D. questions   H.I.D. questions I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2011, 9:05 pm

I would like to get an HID conversion kit for my ride.

1. What kit is recommended?

2. Will there be flicker?

3. How much?

4. how difficult is the install?

And

5. I don't what blue. I want white. I can only assume this is 8500K. COrrect?

I only ask this because my brother in-law bought some on eBay and they look like crap.
Back to top Go down
beach
CAMM Member

H.I.D. questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: H.I.D. questions   H.I.D. questions I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2011, 9:24 pm

I bought mine from HID nation. Customer service sucked. I had questions and they told me to look it up myself. Other than that they work great now. I had flicker and had to install a resister from Radio Shack in the relay harness. I don't remember the part #. BTW 6k is white, which is what I have also. Another issue I found, was that when I plugged into the factory plugs, the fog lights wouldn't work. I had to plug them in opposite or reverse to how they should be. The tab that clicks, is now on the opposite side. I looked up my questions on the LX forum before I found this one. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

H.I.D. questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: H.I.D. questions   H.I.D. questions I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2011, 9:43 pm

Talk to The Black Stig, he knows his shit when it comes to HIDs, But I got 6000K and they have just a small hint of a purple/blue, but mostly white for the most part. I really like them
Back to top Go down
Dave13
CAMM Member

H.I.D. questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: H.I.D. questions   H.I.D. questions I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2011, 10:47 pm

4.3k is white. That is what is on stock vehicles.

http://www.optionimports.com/itemMatrix.asp?GroupCode=HIDKIT&eq=&MatrixType=1
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

H.I.D. questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: H.I.D. questions   H.I.D. questions I_icon_minitimeApril 11th 2011, 2:06 am

4500k,5000k are true white. 6000k is only slightly blue at start up but once at warm temp its white. Also it all depends on which vendor as they all differ from kelvin color a tad bit.

No flicker if you get HID capacitors.Also this depends on which vendor.Some carry them and some don't

Install can get tedious but its all repetition...(I can help Smile )

Pm me and I can help with more info Smile
Back to top Go down
Dave13
CAMM Member

H.I.D. questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: H.I.D. questions   H.I.D. questions I_icon_minitimeApril 11th 2011, 2:23 am

Rudy (Rudedog74) knows hid upside-down. But trying to get a hold of him is as hard as getting rid of herpes.
Back to top Go down
HEMI UP
CAMM Member
HEMI UP

H.I.D. questions Empty
PostSubject: HID    H.I.D. questions I_icon_minitimeApril 11th 2011, 12:59 pm

DDM MOTORING best price they have all you need install is plug and play install about 1/2 hour if that long
Back to top Go down
arivera
CAMM Member
arivera

H.I.D. questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: H.I.D. questions   H.I.D. questions I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2011, 9:13 pm

Thanks for the info i got so far. I will need to put this on a brief hold. My grandmother passed away on Wednesday so i need to help my mom get things done. Will talk to you guys again soon.

Tony
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

H.I.D. questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: H.I.D. questions   H.I.D. questions I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2011, 9:28 pm

Tony,sorry to hear aout your grandma.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

H.I.D. questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: H.I.D. questions   H.I.D. questions I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2011, 11:04 pm

Tony sorry to hear about your grandma, you and your family will be in my prayers
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

H.I.D. questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: H.I.D. questions   H.I.D. questions I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2011, 11:13 am

Everything on this site is top notch shit and they work. No drama and no flickering.

http://www.autolumination.com/hid.htm
Back to top Go down
5.7daytona
CAMM Member

H.I.D. questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: H.I.D. questions   H.I.D. questions I_icon_minitimeApril 18th 2011, 9:16 pm

so which system did you guys get from the autolimination?? i am also looking into switching out the projector headlights i got from DashZ because of the driver side halos burnt out, so i figure i will go back to my original headlights and just go HID.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

H.I.D. questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: H.I.D. questions   H.I.D. questions I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 6:47 am

All I needed was a good wiring harness. My car came with HID kit. I just changed bulbs and harness. It's all good Japanese stuff. Watch out for Taiwan or Chinese kits cuz they are junk.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

H.I.D. questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: H.I.D. questions   H.I.D. questions I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 10:51 am

5.7daytona wrote:
so which system did you guys get from the autolimination?? i am also looking into switching out the projector headlights i got from DashZ because of the driver side halos burnt out, so i figure i will go back to my original headlights and just go HID.

Pm me and I'll point you to the right direction
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

H.I.D. questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: H.I.D. questions   H.I.D. questions I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 12:55 pm

I can do the same pricing plus shipping as illumation and it will come with everything you need.

What year is your car

And i also have 4.3K in stock there is no blue in it period ($5 more)

4 Year warranty out the door, and lifetime if we install it.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

H.I.D. questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: H.I.D. questions   H.I.D. questions I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 1:22 pm

The worst thing you can do to HID systems is to have your lights flash when you lock the doors or having anything else set to flash them on and off. They only have so many starts in them.
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

H.I.D. questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: H.I.D. questions   H.I.D. questions I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 7:37 am

werd^^^
Back to top Go down
arivera
CAMM Member
arivera

H.I.D. questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: H.I.D. questions   H.I.D. questions I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2011, 6:12 am

I have an 07. Most likely will have them installed by you.give me some time though. Will need to get the money together first. Can you PM me the total?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

H.I.D. questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: H.I.D. questions   H.I.D. questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

H.I.D. questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Exterior-
Jump to: