Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger?

Go down 
+5
hawksview
liljoejoe54
06 mid blue se
Shawn1112
inca23
9 posters
AuthorMessage
inca23
CAMM Rookie

Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger?   Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger? I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2011, 7:46 am

I was wondering if anybody has or is using the Sprint booster on their Chargers. I looks like it will improve throttle response, but curious as to if anybody is using it, is it noticeable?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger?   Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger? I_icon_minitimeApril 8th 2011, 10:46 am

Never heard of it, do you have a link?
Back to top Go down
06 mid blue se
CAMM Member
06 mid blue se

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger?   Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger? I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2011, 12:05 am

Here is the link
http://www.sprintboostersales.com/
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger?   Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger? I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2011, 9:26 am

I have heard of that before but never understood it. All it seems to do is advance your throttle when you push the pedal. But instead of installing that, you could just push your pedal down further. IMO its not worth the money.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger?   Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger? I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2011, 2:42 pm

I agree with Joey
Besides if it was so great, you would see other people talking about it on other forums.
Back to top Go down
hawksview
CAMM Member
hawksview

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger?   Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger? I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 3:56 pm

Quite a few guys run these on their srt6 crossfires.There is a new model out now called a selectable sprint booster.My opinion is they are alot of money for something that may make the car feel more responsive but i dont think it gives it any performance gain.Most guys that get them seem to like them.For the price i would rather buy something else.Here is a link to the crossfire forum that might help you get some info on them

http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/vendor-parts-accessories/44909-new-throttle-boost-sprint-booster.html
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger?   Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger? I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 4:31 pm

Push down Jesus pedal and it opens the throttle body wider at a lower % pedal position. Snake oil mod.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger?   Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger? I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 7:11 pm

just use the updated tune files for a diablo tuner. they have a "throttle booster" option on the tune. most people are using 20% boost.

im too lazy to update my diablo files or id try it myself.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger?   Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger? I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 8:12 pm

jontoad wrote:
just use the updated tune files for a diablo tuner. they have a "throttle booster" option on the tune. most people are using 20% boost.

I didnt know that. Im too damn lazy too, I havent updated mine since I first got it. Is it true that with the updated tunes, the 5.7 loses the option to turn off MDS or the EGR? I remember messing around with Pomps' tuner and we couldnt find the setting to turn off the EGR or MDS. Thats another reason I dont want to update.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger?   Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger? I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 8:38 pm

theres an update for the rt? when didthis happen ? so if i retune i lose the fan settings dartboy changed for me......
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger?   Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger? I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2011, 8:38 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
jontoad wrote:

I didnt know that. Im too damn lazy too, I havent updated mine since I first got it. Is it true that with the updated tunes, the 5.7 loses the option to turn off MDS or the EGR? I remember messing around with Pomps' tuner and we couldnt find the setting to turn off the EGR or MDS. Thats another reason I dont want to update.

i dunno but i have also heard older handhelds don't have enough internal memory for newer crom files. i don't know if i have an older or newer one so i just leave it be.
Back to top Go down
inca23
CAMM Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger?   Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger? I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 12:31 pm

I have the latest software downloaded on my diablo sport, but there is nothing on it for throttle sensitivity. On their website they do show that it is a selections on but then says "where applicable", so im guessing that its not a selection for my car.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger?   Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger? I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 1:08 pm

Yes Joey with newer update files you lose those options however you can reverse an update if you don't like it. Don't know about the memory of the newer handhelds.
Back to top Go down
inca23
CAMM Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger?   Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger? I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2011, 9:02 am

Found out its on r28 version of software. I installed it and it and it gave me the throttle adjust. I did however screw up the tune for my car because it has a supercharger. I had to get Finish Line Performance update it for me to match the new software and its working great. I do notice a difference in response, plus it saved me the 300 or so dollars it was going to cost me to get the Sprint Boost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger?   Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone using Sprint Boost on their charger?
Page 1 of 1