Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Key fob battery...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Key fob battery...  Empty
PostSubject: Key fob battery...    Key fob battery...  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 8:27 pm

ok, so ive noticed that ive been needed to click my buttons on my key fob a bit more than before to unlock the doors and such, so i figure its just a worn battery (its 2 years old, thats the most likely).... anyway..... heres my problem.... HOW THE HELL DO YOU REMOVE THE OLD BATTERY?!? hahah ive sat here for probably about 20 min fumbling around trying to pull the damn battery out but to no avail... is there a trick or something to it?! anyone?!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Key fob battery...    Key fob battery...  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 8:33 pm

not sure on the 09's...

my 06 has a screw on it, then you pry it open. simple battery's you can get at walgreens.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Key fob battery...    Key fob battery...  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 8:44 pm

ive got the battery, but where they positioned the battery in the fob... i cant seem to get it out... here's a picture.... Key fob battery...  Photo228
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Key fob battery...    Key fob battery...  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 8:49 pm

it looks like you can just slide it out... however, it sits on the negative side spring, so if you push a little on it, it "flexs" down into the shell... dammit dodge... what the hell were you thinking on this one, "Oh, they'll need to come to the dealership to change the battery" haha
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Key fob battery...    Key fob battery...  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 8:53 pm

Yahoo, i got it... take a small screw driver, and hold it under the battery, using your thumb and the screw driver, pull the battery out...
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Key fob battery...    Key fob battery...  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 9:12 pm

tweezers???
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Key fob battery...    Key fob battery...  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 9:27 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
it looks like you can just slide it out... however, it sits on the negative side spring, so if you push a little on it, it "flexs" down into the shell... dammit dodge... what the hell were you thinking on this one, "Oh, they'll need to come to the dealership to change the battery" haha
I will tell you what they were thinking. Bring it to the dealer so we can charge you 1hr labor, and triple the price on the battery!
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Key fob battery...    Key fob battery...  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2011, 9:41 pm

i thought about tweezers, but they just slid off the smooth faces of the battery... i did figure it out though, and got the battery changed.

firestartr420 wrote:
Yahoo, i got it... take a small screw driver, and hold it under the battery, using your thumb and the screw driver, pull the battery out...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Key fob battery...    Key fob battery...  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Key fob battery...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Electronics-
Jump to: