Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need opinion for new plates

Go down 
+6
stairman
Okie6.1
inkedup
Dman70
Pomps
liljoejoe54
10 posters

JC RT or JC 82?
JC RT
Need opinion for new plates I_vote1282%Need opinion for new plates I_vote13
 82% [ 18 ]
JC 82
Need opinion for new plates I_vote1218%Need opinion for new plates I_vote13
 18% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Need opinion for new plates Empty
PostSubject: Need opinion for new plates   Need opinion for new plates I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2011, 12:23 pm

My current plates expire next month and instead of renewing them for $100, I am going to order the Blackhawks plates for $150. My question is what do you think would be better "JC 82" or "JC RT"? 82 is my birthyear.

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/
Back to top Go down
Pomps
CAMM Pro
Pomps

PostSubject: Re: Need opinion for new plates   Need opinion for new plates I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2011, 3:28 pm

voted for jesus christo rt
Back to top Go down
Dman70
CAMM Pro
Dman70

PostSubject: Re: Need opinion for new plates   Need opinion for new plates I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2011, 3:57 pm

Pomps would have his say "PZZA BOY" or "LKS GUNZ" or "MSTRB8R".
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Need opinion for new plates   Need opinion for new plates I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2011, 4:09 pm

i was on the website and enter belowme and they accepted it
Back to top Go down
Pomps
CAMM Pro
Pomps

PostSubject: Re: Need opinion for new plates   Need opinion for new plates I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2011, 4:44 pm

mstrb8r. i like, i like!
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Need opinion for new plates   Need opinion for new plates I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2011, 5:27 pm

Voted.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Need opinion for new plates   Need opinion for new plates I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2011, 7:15 pm

Thanks for the votes guys. I was leaning towards JC RT as well. This might be a dumb question but does anybody know if I order them a month early, would the new plates expire the same month as my old plates (that would be Feb). Because on the site, they ask for the month that my current plates expire so that leads me to believe that if I order the plates now, they will expire next month and I would have to renew. I know it sounds dumb but we all know how money hungry this state is so I figure I would ask to know for sure because i cant seem to find the answer.
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: Need opinion for new plates   Need opinion for new plates I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2011, 9:36 pm

Voted...and all i know is when i ordered new plates at the end of Nov. I got a temp to hold me over till new ones came (Feb). Still waiting....I do know that it takes 4-6 weeks from start to finish to get them. You shouldn't have to renew, that cost will be built in to your new plate price. I thought mine were going to be around $150 but ended up costing almost $300. So, i guess i just fed the money hungry bastards at the state.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Need opinion for new plates   Need opinion for new plates I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2011, 10:34 pm

stairman wrote:
Voted...and all i know is when i ordered new plates at the end of Nov. I got a temp to hold me over till new ones came (Feb). Still waiting....I do know that it takes 4-6 weeks from start to finish to get them. You shouldn't have to renew, that cost will be built in to your new plate price. I thought mine were going to be around $150 but ended up costing almost $300. So, i guess i just fed the money hungry bastards at the state.

Thanks for the info. What kind of plates did you get and why did it cost $300? The site says my new plates should cost between $115 and $175. Renew is $100 anyways so I just look at it as I will hopefully be paying $15-$75 more for the hawks plates.
Back to top Go down
Pomps
CAMM Pro
Pomps

PostSubject: Re: Need opinion for new plates   Need opinion for new plates I_icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2011, 1:39 am

are you getting the black hawks plate?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Need opinion for new plates   Need opinion for new plates I_icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2011, 7:03 am

Pomps wrote:
are you getting the black hawks plate?

Yep. If you read the first post, you would of already known that, lol.
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: Need opinion for new plates   Need opinion for new plates I_icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2011, 9:25 am

This was all of my costs...
Title and registration of winter beater...
Transfer plates from Challenger to winter beater...
Order new plates for Challenger.
I got the Route 66 plates, but they nailed me for being vanity plates. Then the Route 66 plates will cost $126 every year.

It's not the price i had in mind when i did it online, but I think the look and message on the plates are worth it.

BTW, I think the Blackhawk plates are going to look great on your car!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Need opinion for new plates   Need opinion for new plates I_icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2011, 9:48 am

stairman wrote:
This was all of my costs...
Title and registration of winter beater...
Transfer plates from Challenger to winter beater...
Order new plates for Challenger.
I got the Route 66 plates, but they nailed me for being vanity plates. Then the Route 66 plates will cost $126 every year.

It's not the price i had in mind when i did it online, but I think the look and message on the plates are worth it.

BTW, I think the Blackhawk plates are going to look great on your car!

Oh so you had title costs and stuff also, not just the plates. Then I should be between $115-$175 depending on if they make mine vanity and not personal i guess.
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: Need opinion for new plates   Need opinion for new plates I_icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2011, 10:25 am

None, they attract to much attention and your car becomes more recognizable to thieves.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Need opinion for new plates   Need opinion for new plates I_icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2011, 1:49 pm

The Black Stig wrote:
None, they attract to much attention and your car becomes more recognizable to thieves.

I honestly dont think a license plate would attract more attention than the halos, rims, hood, decals, tints that I already have on my car. My car already gets noticed with standard plates. I never heard anybody say "check out the plates on that car, I cant wait to steal it". I already had one car stolen and it was a beater so if its gonna happen then its gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
arivera
CAMM Member
arivera

PostSubject: Re: Need opinion for new plates   Need opinion for new plates I_icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2011, 3:18 pm

arrrrgggggggg.....I hit the wrong darn button. Was about to hit and then someone walked up to my desk.....click.....d'oh. So you know, I meant to hit JC RT.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Need opinion for new plates   Need opinion for new plates I_icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2011, 12:53 pm

voted as well!!!
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

PostSubject: Re: Need opinion for new plates   Need opinion for new plates I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 9:39 pm

JC RT all the way!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need opinion for new plates   Need opinion for new plates I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need opinion for new plates
Page 1 of 1