Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Average price of a forged stroker

Go down 
+4
xegitalian19xx
Illinois Chaos
Shawn1112
liljoejoe54
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Average price of a forged stroker Empty
PostSubject: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 11:37 am

Just curious since thats the route I am going to go when I get enough money (unless I trade my car for a Chally). Anybody out there who has a forged 392 stroker or similar mind sharing a ballpark figure on what I would expect to spend for engine, install, tune?

EDIT: Im looking for a long block 5.7 based 392 forged stroker that will be a
very streetable with possible use as a daily driver but I want the
fucker to have balls, lol. Just to clarify again, I am not financially able to do anything yet but I would like a ballpark figure so I know what I have to save up to.

Last edited by liljoejoe54 on December 21st 2010, 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 4:01 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Just curious since thats the route I am going to go when I get enough money (unless I trade my car for a Chally). Anybody out there who has a forged 392 stroker or similar mind sharing a ballpark figure on what I would expect to spend for engine, install, tune?
Why dont you just pm Tim at Mr Norms?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 4:09 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:

I sent him a PM in November about getting a 6.1 put in and he never responded. Im assuming he is really busy. That, plus anybody else who is interested would be able to see it here.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 4:15 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:

I sent him a PM in November about getting a 6.1 put in and he never responded. Im assuming he is really busy. That, plus anybody else who is interested would be able to see it here.
sometimes it takes him awhile to respond. Go on LX and talk to the guys from PWR. They are putting the best times down with all there shit right now. Everyone is happy with the work they have done.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 4:22 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:

sometimes it takes him awhile to respond. Go on LX and talk to the guys from PWR. They are putting the best times down with all there shit right now. Everyone is happy with the work they have done.

Will do. Thanks Shawn.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 4:32 pm

That's a loaded question, Joey. What size short block and all of the internals as far as quality and upgrades to pistons etc. Then there is the long block which is the same thing as far as upgrades. You really need to sit down with Tim and go over your options. He probably didn't respond because there isn't an answer to how much. Not until you go over the entire build.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 4:39 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
That's a loaded question, Joey. What size short block and all of the internals as far as quality and upgrades to pistons etc. Then there is the long block which is the same thing as far as upgrades. You really need to sit down with Tim and go over your options. He probably didn't respond because there isn't an answer to how much. Not until you go over the entire build.

Yeah you make sense. I dont know much about the newer engines and what parts would need to go into it. Im looking for a long block 5.7 based 392 forged stroker that will be a very streetable with possible use as a daily driver but I want the fucker to have balls, lol. I should of mentioned that in my original post but im half retarded sometimes. My PM to him was just asking how much it would cost to put a 6.1 into my R/T. Nothing major, just simple install and tune more or less. Ill edit the first post.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 8:50 pm

Well it sounds like a crate motor is what your looking for. Mr. Norm's is affiliated with Arrington. I'm pretty sure it's where they get their short blocks and crates.

5.7 to 392 stroker
http://www.shophemi.com/c-456-57-hemi-to-392-stroker.aspx

6.1L options
http://www.shophemi.com/c-45-61-liter-hemi.aspx

The Mother of all Hemis: 630 c/i Keith Black IRHA ProStock All Aluminum Hemi

http://www.shophemi.com/p-215-630-ci-keith-black-irha-prostock-all-aluminum-hemi.aspx

and lot's more, so like I said..... price? Whaddya want?

Last edited by Illinois Chaos on December 21st 2010, 8:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 8:53 pm

now ya got me goin again.... thanks alot, Joey nanner
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 9:36 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
now ya got me goin again.... thanks alot, Joey Average price of a forged stroker 742557

Lol sorry Tom. The mod bug never dies.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 9:55 pm

https://www.shophemi.com/p-84-392-stroker-57l.aspx

I guess thats what I want with a nice mild streetable cam and some decent heads. I had no clue a short block would run a little over $4500. Add maybe $2500 for a cam and some heads, plus install/tune. This is gonna cost a pretty penny.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for the website.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 10:14 pm

Or you can just buy a 6.1L crate motor in 3 flavors or a 440.

https://www.shophemi.com/c-45-61-liter-hemi.aspx
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 10:16 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:

Yeah I was looking at those as well. I dont want to get to the point where I will have to upgrade my tranny or rear axles to handle the horse power. Id be happy with 400 at the wheels I think (thats what I say now but that can change tomorrow, lol).
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 10:29 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

Yeah I was looking at those as well. I dont want to get to the point where I will have to upgrade my tranny or rear axles to handle the horse power. Id be happy with 400 at the wheels I think (thats what I say now but that can change tomorrow, lol).

Bro, If you just want 400 to the wheels why not just go with a big cam and nice heads? Thats pretty much where i'm sitting and I drive my shit every day snow no snow doesn't matter Smile - Its very streetable now that I got the heads and shes a total bitch when I want to romp on her.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 10:44 pm

xegitalian19xx wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

Bro, If you just want 400 to the wheels why not just go with a big cam and nice heads? Thats pretty much where i'm sitting and I drive my shit every day snow no snow doesn't matter Smile - Its very streetable now that I got the heads and shes a total bitch when I want to romp on her.

You make a good point. I dont know why but I just want it forged so I have a strong foundation and peace of mind. I guess I could go the cheaper route and just do a cam/head install and maybe even get a matched/ported 6.1 intake. That would save me a shit ton of money. Like I said before, I am nowhere near ready to purchase. I am just getting ideas/prices together so I know what I will be getting into hopefully next summer. If you dont mind, can you PM me what you paid for parts, labor, tune?
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 11:23 pm

Sure buddy not a problem..I can just lay it out there here don't bother me....

I got the cam, install and tune for 1000 from MM back in the day....

Then I paid 1500 for the heads got them from LX used with 10k miles along with some shortie headers

Then I had to have MM do the install and update the tune. I believe that was around 2k when it was all said and done. including new springs rods gaskets fluids etc.

If I would have done it again i would have waited and probably could have saved myself around $500 or more but I had to have them install twice b/c i'm an impatient bastard lol

I'd say figure in $2000 for install and tuning costs - might be cheaper but i'm just running off of my memory right now....If you want some more firm numbers shoot me a PM and I can take a look at all my receipts!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2010, 6:23 am

Her ya go, Joey. This is what I want to do. It might be awhile, though.

http://www.shophemi.com/p-1211-57-61-hemi-power-trip-package.aspx
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2010, 7:42 am

That looks like a good deal. I am planning on doing heads and a cam in the next year or so.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2010, 8:06 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Well it sounds like a crate motor is what your looking for. Mr. Norm's is affiliated with Arrington. I'm pretty sure it's where they get their short blocks and crates.

5.7 to 392 stroker
http://www.shophemi.com/c-456-57-hemi-to-392-stroker.aspx

6.1L options
http://www.shophemi.com/c-45-61-liter-hemi.aspx

The Mother of all Hemis: 630 c/i Keith Black IRHA ProStock All Aluminum Hemi

http://www.shophemi.com/p-215-630-ci-keith-black-irha-prostock-all-aluminum-hemi.aspx

and lot's more, so like I said..... price? Whaddya want?
You sound like a salesman for Tim, lol
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2010, 8:31 am

xegitalian19xx wrote:
Sure buddy not a problem..I can just lay it out there here don't bother me....

I got the cam, install and tune for 1000 from MM back in the day....

Then I paid 1500 for the heads got them from LX used with 10k miles along with some shortie headers

Then I had to have MM do the install and update the tune. I believe that was around 2k when it was all said and done. including new springs rods gaskets fluids etc.

If I would have done it again i would have waited and probably could have saved myself around $500 or more but I had to have them install twice b/c i'm an impatient bastard lol

I'd say figure in $2000 for install and tuning costs - might be cheaper but i'm just running off of my memory right now....If you want some more firm numbers shoot me a PM and I can take a look at all my receipts!

Thanks alot Ant, I think I might lean your way and do heads/cam since its so much cheaper than a full stroker.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2010, 8:32 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Her ya go, Joey. This is what I want to do. It might be awhile, though.

http://www.shophemi.com/p-1211-57-61-hemi-power-trip-package.aspx

Thanks Tom. I was looking at that last night and looks like a good deal to me. I wont get the claimed 108hp to the wheels cuz they got those on an SRT but it will add some balls to the 5.7 for sure.
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2011, 9:19 pm

I was talking to Arrington and he said the 6.1L to 426 Stroker will give you 600 hp...the kit is $3,100 and he said for an install should be no more than $1,000.....
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2011, 6:14 am

$1000 and Arrington will do the install? Not trying to rain on your parade, but $1000 sounds really cheap to install a stroker kit.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2011, 8:46 am

DamnSTR8 wrote:
I was talking to Arrington and he said the 6.1L to 426 Stroker will give you 600 hp...the kit is $3,100 and he said for an install should be no more than $1,000.....

That would be for forged rods, pistons and crank swapped into your short block. (rotation assy.) Not exactly the same as a motor swap to a fully built stroker. Then you would need the long block, if you want full potential. Just take it to Mr. Norm's. That crew knows more about our modern hemis than anyone in the world. No Bull! Did you know that Arrington is affiliated with Norm's? Give Tim a call and take advantage of the winter special. I wouldn't trust my car to anyone else for a motor build.
http://www.chicagolandareamodernmopars.com/t4565-winter-special
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2011, 9:01 am

what else would you need? it would be installed into the 6.1L I have in my car....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Average price of a forged stroker   Average price of a forged stroker I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Average price of a forged stroker
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next