Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Am I Too Anal?

Go down 
+9
inkedup
firestartr420
Shawn1112
liljoejoe54
ChiTownHemi
Illinois Chaos
HemiMag
ghost
DamnSTR8
13 posters
AuthorMessage
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

Am I Too Anal? Empty
PostSubject: Am I Too Anal?   Am I Too Anal? I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 1:28 pm

i had some little chips on my car and someone chipped some paint on my passenger door and i took it to the body shop and had em fill it in and sand and buff it the best he could...you can barely see the spots but its better than before...he said i should stop worrying about these lil chips...but i love my car and i dont want it to look like crap...and is there a better way to cover these chips?
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

Am I Too Anal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Too Anal?   Am I Too Anal? I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 1:50 pm

keep the car in the garage and never drive it
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

Am I Too Anal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Too Anal?   Am I Too Anal? I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 1:54 pm

haha well obviously...but how would you feel about chips? do you want your car to be chipped up
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

Am I Too Anal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Too Anal?   Am I Too Anal? I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 2:16 pm

Don't drive it in the highway.....
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

Am I Too Anal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Too Anal?   Am I Too Anal? I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 2:34 pm

I rarely do anyways...I don't even know how I got em in the first place so high up in the door by the handle
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

Am I Too Anal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Too Anal?   Am I Too Anal? I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 2:51 pm

i just wanna know if the only one who feels this way or if im overacting with it
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Am I Too Anal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Too Anal?   Am I Too Anal? I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 3:05 pm

Paint chips........Am I Too Anal? Ackkkkkk...........ACKKKK!
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

Am I Too Anal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Too Anal?   Am I Too Anal? I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 3:45 pm

I've used this and it works pretty well for small nicks.

http://www.drcolorchip.com/
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Am I Too Anal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Too Anal?   Am I Too Anal? I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 3:52 pm

I am the same way but I dont want to take it to the body shop because I know I am going to go way over my head and probably have them respray the whole damn car, lol.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Am I Too Anal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Too Anal?   Am I Too Anal? I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 4:13 pm

DamnSTR8 wrote:
i just wanna know if the only one who feels this way or if im overacting with it
You are not overacting at all. It drives me fucking nuts! I just had my new Grip front fascia sprayed last Feb and I already have chips and I barely drive the fucking car. So I'm right there with you bud.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Am I Too Anal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Too Anal?   Am I Too Anal? I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 6:44 pm

Im right along with you on the chips as well dude.... been rear ended 2 times as well, and the front end got rubbed by the neighbor pulling out.... all instances were so minor, all the body shops told me to just take the money and run, but dammit, i wanted it fixed... and so... while i havent gotten to keep the $1000 dollars of insurance money, at least my car looks good...
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

Am I Too Anal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Too Anal?   Am I Too Anal? I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 7:16 pm

i hate to say it guys, but that is the price we pay for living in a state in which there is a season called construction
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

Am I Too Anal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Too Anal?   Am I Too Anal? I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2010, 8:04 pm

highway or rural roads your gonna get chips from both,not just the highway.

try buying a clear bra if you wanna or a gay ass oldschool one....ther's a place called carnica they do a great job with chips.they mostly do dealership cars but they have a place in des plaines. they did my mustang and they matched color very well.............
Back to top Go down
andyp411
CAMM Member
andyp411

Am I Too Anal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Too Anal?   Am I Too Anal? I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2010, 9:22 am

I agree 100% chips suck!
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

Am I Too Anal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Too Anal?   Am I Too Anal? I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2010, 3:07 pm

i know it just sucks because i never really take my car anywhere crazy and i take care of it like its a child...if i keep it long enough maybe i paint over the spots where later down the road...
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

Am I Too Anal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Too Anal?   Am I Too Anal? I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2010, 3:09 pm

I repaint my bumpers yearly
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

Am I Too Anal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Too Anal?   Am I Too Anal? I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2010, 4:33 pm

ya i think maybe next year ill have a body shop repaint the doors or partial....
Back to top Go down
5.7daytona
CAMM Member

Am I Too Anal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Too Anal?   Am I Too Anal? I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2010, 1:18 pm

ohh yes i feel your pain, especially after i get my car washed and go over my car and see all the chips on the front of my car. for me the bad part is that my Daytona is my everyday driver. so i expect all the chips but it hurts. down the line i will get my car repainted.
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

Am I Too Anal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Too Anal?   Am I Too Anal? I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 9:50 pm

YOU ARE NOT NUTS!!! I have found that if you get the touch up paint and put just a tiny bit on the chip and then buff the area and then wax you can't really tell after the fact. Yes it is a very time consuming thing to do but hey how much time do we spend on our cars to begin with?
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

Am I Too Anal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Too Anal?   Am I Too Anal? I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 10:08 pm

i have quite a few on my bumper and quite a few on the rear dors ,seems thats were the cars body sticks out the most ....it dric=ves me crazy so heres a tip if you have a black car use the black box car wax kit it hides them pretty dam well and also hides swirl marks asl jontoad how it looked at the last show,last time i saw him he ereminded me that my paint looked dam good....also if you need a good touch up guy look up carnica there a mobile service,but they are based out of des plaines and you can bring your car there for touch ups....almost perfect touchups
Back to top Go down
ejfox10
CAMM Member

Am I Too Anal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Too Anal?   Am I Too Anal? I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2011, 8:58 am

The more you worry about the chips and dings, the more it seems to happen. Do what I do and just don't wash your car. Then you won't see them!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Am I Too Anal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I Too Anal?   Am I Too Anal? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Am I Too Anal?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Exterior-
Jump to: