Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Tire Shine?

Go down 
+9
liljoejoe54
AlterEgo
xegitalian19xx
HemiMag
jontoad
eviltrycycle
VIKES4093
Shawn1112
DamnSTR8
13 posters
AuthorMessage
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

Best Tire Shine? Empty
PostSubject: Best Tire Shine?   Best Tire Shine? I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 4:02 pm

What a good tire shine that lasts a long time and looks good? ive used the armor all foam but it last like a day and turns my tires brown....
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Best Tire Shine? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Tire Shine?   Best Tire Shine? I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 5:53 pm

Stay away from Armor All, its junk and will turn your tires brown as you have seen already. The best stuff to use is water based tire shine, it doesnt last as long as the gels but it wont fuck your tires up either. Check out our vendor section, Perfect Auto Finish sells water based tire shine, they are in Roselle.
Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

Best Tire Shine? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Tire Shine?   Best Tire Shine? I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 5:56 pm

i use "more shine" by stoner getting hard to find.i dont like the real shinny tire look.this makes them look new not glossy.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Best Tire Shine? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Tire Shine?   Best Tire Shine? I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 7:32 pm

2nd vote for Perfect Auto Finish's tire shine.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Best Tire Shine? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Tire Shine?   Best Tire Shine? I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 7:37 pm

i use "Tuf-shine" you have to buy it online.

its a tire clear coat. you can touch it and rub it less than 5 minutes after you put it on and it wont come off even on a white towel. its not cheap though. it comes with a tire pre-cleaner too. i found it because of this video on youtube that a lxforum member put up.

before that i was using turtle wax tire wax but they discontinued that product. tuf-shine is way better anyways.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

Best Tire Shine? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Tire Shine?   Best Tire Shine? I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 7:43 pm

Yup same here. Tuff Shine hands down!!!
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

Best Tire Shine? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Tire Shine?   Best Tire Shine? I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 7:27 am

I use Zaino bro's perfect auto tire shine and its a water based tire shine. I've have used that for the last two years and love it....No sling and wipes off easy if you get it on the wheel at all....
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

Best Tire Shine? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Tire Shine?   Best Tire Shine? I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 4:29 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:

3rd vote! It's what I use too.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Best Tire Shine? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Tire Shine?   Best Tire Shine? I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 4:56 pm

I use the Lucas tire shine that is water based but it doesnt last long at all. But it does look good for a few days and does not sling. I have to look into that Perfect Auto Finish stuff.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Best Tire Shine? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Tire Shine?   Best Tire Shine? I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 5:19 pm

I used to use Zanio as well, its great stuff.
Back to top Go down
5.7daytona
CAMM Member

Best Tire Shine? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Tire Shine?   Best Tire Shine? I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2010, 1:25 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:

i 4th that. really makes the tire look good and no messy overspray on your lower fenders.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Best Tire Shine? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Tire Shine?   Best Tire Shine? I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2010, 3:32 pm

I only use the stuff that slings. I like it. Sling is King! lol.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

Best Tire Shine? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Tire Shine?   Best Tire Shine? I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 8:47 am

I. Use meguirs endurance. Its like a puprle color. Leaves a real good shine and is water repelant.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Best Tire Shine? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Tire Shine?   Best Tire Shine? I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 9:13 pm

inkedup wrote:
I. Use meguirs endurance. Its like a puprle color. Leaves a real good shine and is water repelant.
Looks good, but it slings too much and will eventually turn your tires brown.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Best Tire Shine? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Tire Shine?   Best Tire Shine? I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 9:23 pm

jontoad wrote:
i use "Tuf-shine" you have to buy it online.

its a tire clear coat. you can touch it and rub it less than 5 minutes after you put it on and it wont come off even on a white towel. its not cheap though. it comes with a tire pre-cleaner too. i found it because of this video on youtube that a lxforum member put up.

before that i was using turtle wax tire wax but they discontinued that product. tuf-shine is way better anyways.
How long does it last Jon?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Best Tire Shine? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Tire Shine?   Best Tire Shine? I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 9:37 pm

quite a long time. i just added more before shows.
Back to top Go down
dakotabluert98
CAMM Member
dakotabluert98

Best Tire Shine? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Tire Shine?   Best Tire Shine? I_icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2010, 2:46 pm

VIKES4093 wrote:
i use "more shine" by stoner getting hard to find.i dont like the real shinny tire look.this makes them look new not glossy.

X2..... love that stuff. I order it by the case from their website.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best Tire Shine? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Tire Shine?   Best Tire Shine? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Tire Shine?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Exterior-
Jump to: