Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Starved Rock cruise

Go down 
+15
inkedup
06 mid blue se
JacksSRT8
AlterEgo
Shawn1112
Hurst Pak
HemiMag
VIKES4093
andyp411
jontoad
ghost
eviltrycycle
soundsaved
Okie6.1
firestartr420
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Starved Rock cruise Empty
PostSubject: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 9:49 pm

ok, so this isnt a car show cruise or anything like that, but rather just a "cruise". The other day, my roommate and I went to starved rock. We both wanted to go cruising, and enjoy the fall weather. We wanted to get some pictures of our cars together (Charger v Mustang) but the place was pretty busy, with all the fall colors and things. The pictures and videos i wanted to get didnt turn out that great either, but all in all, i had a great time. The drive was the best part. Set a new personal top speed of 125mph. At one point, had to run off into a gravel stretch because i couldnt stop in time for sharp left turn, pretty stupid on my part, but fun none the less. Then the twisting and winding roads, just great. Anyway... i figured i share this route with all of you, for those who might want just take drive on a very fun set of roads. The route begins in Orland park, however, you can make up your own route depending on where you live. Just wanted to share this!! Cruise to Starved Rock
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 10:08 pm

How far of a drive is it?
Back to top Go down
soundsaved
CAMM Member
soundsaved

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 9:18 am

its about 80 miles
Back to top Go down
soundsaved
CAMM Member
soundsaved

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 9:19 am

i'm down for this
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 10:01 am

this is one of the best drives ive taken in a long time. I love cruising through the country, and this one was just gorgeous. Being from Niles, my roommate and I got in our cars, and ran 290 south to 355 and 355 to pick up I-80, and then followed these directions from there. Like I said, feel free to make up your own route though, however this one I think is by far the best one to take. It's the same cruise that the chicago mustang club took a few weeks back, when the Unlawful Gathering was taking place. If someone wanted to set up a CAMM club cruise as well, by all means feel free!!! I wanted to share these directions though since I loved the drive.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 10:39 am

I would be up for a CAMM cruise sounds like fun. We could make it the last one before winter.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 11:54 am

Plan it boys!
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 4:36 pm

I'm thinking either November 13-14 or 27-28?Can we do a poll on those days and see which works? Firestartr know of any good places to eat that way?
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 5:01 pm

sad that starved rock is like an hour from me
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 6:58 pm

im down for this on a sunday. the bears bye week on the 31th would be perfect so i don't miss another game... unless everyone has daytime Halloween plans...

duffys tavern is great down there in downtown Utica for burgers and massive onion rings.
Back to top Go down
andyp411
CAMM Member
andyp411

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 7:37 pm

Sure would like to take a cruise down there heard it's beautiful and some real nice roads too.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 8:30 pm

I am open to anytime just suggested those so we could get max participation be fun to have a bunch of us go!
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 11:22 pm

andyp411 wrote:
Sure would like to take a cruise down there heard it's beautiful and some real nice roads too.

this is the route with the great roads..... I'm definately game on the idea of a CAMM cruise down there taking this route, and definately agree on MAX participation. The more cars, more fun!!! From what i was told, when the mustang club rolled down there, they went with like 50 cars. People were coming out of their houses to take pictures and things.
Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 12:58 am

we would be interested if it is on a sunday
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 10:04 am

How about the 14th of November? Who would go? Or the 28th? Who would go?
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 11:10 am

Dam it be nice to go there 50 cars deep as well!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hurst Pak
CAMM Pro
Hurst Pak

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 11:18 am

11/14/10 out for me , Bears vs Vikqueens home game

11/28/10 ok
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 12:23 pm

You guys are nuts doing it that late in November. SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 12:28 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:

lol thats true....Hopefully the snow holds off longer!!!
Back to top Go down
soundsaved
CAMM Member
soundsaved

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 12:32 pm

any sunday
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 12:37 pm

HemiMag wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

lol thats true....Hopefully the snow holds off longer!!!
We do live in Chicago right. It can snow any day now.
Back to top Go down
andyp411
CAMM Member
andyp411

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 12:50 pm

On a Sunday would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 3:06 pm

Lets shoot for the 14th then. Sound good?
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 4:40 pm

We won't be able to make November 14. My little boy is turning 16 that day. Sad
Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 6:41 pm

i agree with shawn nov is to late what about next saturday the 30th.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starved Rock cruise   Starved Rock cruise I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starved Rock cruise
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next