Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!!

Go down 
+4
Hypnotiq
Shawn1112
HemiMag
Motor
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Motor
CAMM Pro
Motor

UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!! Empty
PostSubject: UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!!   UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2010, 2:28 pm

Sooo...I was contacted by the guy running the RPM shows about working with them and combining the Unlawful Gathering with RPM side by side.

Anyways...they want the Unlawful Gathering past attendees to roll in as part of the UG.

With that being said, i'm trying to get a group organized for this sunday to roll in to the show.

UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades RPM

Sunday, October 17th, 1-7PM

Send me a private message or email: ericvonmotor@gmail.com to get the group going.

I'll have more details soon.

Tnanks,

Eric Motor
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!!   UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2010, 2:31 pm

Will Keep you posted Eric...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!!   UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2010, 3:08 pm

Pm Sent
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!!   UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2010, 3:21 pm

This the RPM show that in Villa Park this weekend?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!!   UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2010, 3:24 pm

Hypnotiq wrote:
This the RPM show that in Villa Park this weekend?
Yes,
Just a fyi, the website is saying you have to have 1/8th of a tank of gas or less. They were pretty strict at the Soldiers Field show in the summer. Some guy I know paid someone off so we could get in. I think as long as you are at 1/4 or less you will be fine.
Back to top Go down
goldberg1701
CAMM Pro
goldberg1701

PostSubject: Re: UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!!   UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2010, 9:26 pm

Ok, I'm kinda confused about something...why would you want to go to a show with 1/8 tank of gas?
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!!   UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2010, 10:02 pm

Can't go. Dad duties...
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!!   UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2010, 1:59 am

goldberg1701 wrote:
Ok, I'm kinda confused about something...why would you want to go to a show with 1/8 tank of gas?

I don't get it either. Maybe so they can get paid off to let you in with more?
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!!   UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2010, 8:28 am

Security purposes is all i can come up with.. so you don't blow up your own car. Harming others.. etc.etc.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!!   UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2010, 8:49 am

Hypnotiq wrote:
Security purposes is all i can come up with.. so you don't blow up your own car. Harming others.. etc.etc.

A full tank would be safe. An almost empty tank would be like a million sticks of TNT if it caught fire. I still don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!!   UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2010, 3:41 pm

I think we're mistakenly assuming a level of intelligence on the part of the organizers & policy makers. Subsequently, we're clouding the issue with logic & science, thereby throwing off our attempts to rationalize the decision.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!!   UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2010, 5:01 pm

its probably a lack of intelligence on the fire marshalls behalf more than the organizers. While, some of us may know that a full tank would be safer than a near empty one in a fire, usually the fire marshall doesnt. he usually only sees gas as flammable, and doesnt really know that its only gas vapor thats flammable. So the fire marshall usually puts these restrictions, thinking he's safer with more gas vapor than liquid gas. At least i think thats the reason for the 1/8 tank requirement.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!!   UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2010, 5:32 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
its probably a lack of intelligence on the fire marshalls behalf more than the organizers. While, some of us may know that a full tank would be safer than a near empty one in a fire, usually the fire marshall doesnt. he usually only sees gas as flammable, and doesnt really know that its only gas vapor thats flammable. So the fire marshall usually puts these restrictions, thinking he's safer with more gas vapor than liquid gas. At least i think thats the reason for the 1/8 tank requirement.

I'd agree with that guessessment.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!!   UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2010, 6:55 pm

goldberg1701 wrote:
This has been a rule since I was doing shows with my lowrider back in the late 90's. Any big show you attend is like this including the World of Wheels. All I have ever been told is its becuse of the Fire Marshall.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!!   UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2010, 11:13 am

Bump, any new news Motor?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!!   UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2010, 11:57 am

Iguanaman wrote:
I think we're mistakenly assuming a level of intelligence on the part of the organizers & policy makers. Subsequently, we're clouding the issue with logic & science, thereby throwing off our attempts to rationalize the decision.

ROTFLMAO!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!!   UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2010, 1:37 pm

Motor,
Fido and I plan on meeting at North and Villa about 9-9:30am tomorrow. Is that kool with you guys?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!!   UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UNLAWFUL GATHERING invades the RPM show - October 17th!!!
Page 1 of 1