Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor

Go down 
+7
eviltrycycle
Illinois Chaos
The Black Stig
ghost
Hypnotiq
Illini 300C
otter1363
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2010, 12:14 am

jontoad wrote:
fyi 255/35/20 is a horrible choice for a front size to go with a 275/40/20...mr. tire god...

and conti DWS's are a bad choice for a performance tire. they are super soft on the sidewall. they are a non sporty all season tire for performance car owners who just don't need high performance tires.

Will i said that

looking for 40's and all around or 45 and 40's and yes 35 would be a bit thin....

and he has custom rims so a 245 might be a stretch...
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2010, 12:19 am

The Black Stig wrote:
jontoad wrote:
fyi 255/35/20 is a horrible choice for a front size to go with a 275/40/20...mr. tire god...

and conti DWS's are a bad choice for a performance tire. they are super soft on the sidewall. they are a non sporty all season tire for performance car owners who just don't need high performance tires.

Will i said that

looking for 40's and all around or 45 and 40's and yes 35 would be a bit thin....

if he is looking for all seasons his best bet for these cars is the yoko parada spec X's in 245/45/20 and 275/40/20

the contis don't last anywhere near as long for us. also the parada's are made for the supercharged range rovers in those sizes and are a great choice for our heavy cars due to the load and speed ratings.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2010, 12:21 am

to tell you the truth he should be looking for a smaller rim winter package with crap wheels since his chrome wheels will look like shit come spring time with all the pitting that will happen....
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2010, 12:30 am

jontoad wrote:
The Black Stig wrote:
jontoad wrote:

Will i said that

if he is looking for all seasons his best bet for these cars is the yoko parada spec X's in 245/45/20 and 275/40/20

The contis don't last anywhere near as long for us. also the parada's are made for the supercharged range rovers in those sizes and are a great choice for our heavy cars due to the load and speed ratings.

How wide of a tire can you go up front?, He wants an summer tire but if he is still driving I would consider an all season tire, personally i like the Nitto's i skipped over the yokie's cause IMHO seemed unnesscary and the conti's have a load rating of 1650lbs but if you say an higher load rating is need, then i trust you.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2010, 12:55 am

on the front of an R/T some can clear 275's, but some cars rub. so its hit and miss on that size and a test fit is needed. 255 and under will work for sure. SRT's can clear 275's no problem.

if you were to use a 35 series sidewall on our cars i would not go under 275 and even that is a little short.

Invo's were a good suggestion but like you said they do stiffen up in low temps. i am a nitto fan myself too. i run 275/40/20 and 315/35/20 nitto NT-05's on my car but it doesn't come out of the garage all winter. i actually have 2 sets of those tires and 2 sets of viper wheels (one for road race/autox, one for street) they are only a little more aggressive of a summer compound than the Invo's and they are already starting to slip a lot more than normal in these 70 degree days.

my biggest concern for him is that he will wreck those chrome wheels if he runs them in the winter though...

Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2010, 1:04 am

Have you thought of running a set of hosiuer a6's for track/summer(they're dot...Barely lol) use? those were awesome on my old car GAWD..... i had to sell them i was pushing the car way to much but the way those stuck to the gorund was un holy.... Broken axles aren't fun to fix...

My other reasoning for 35's was he's lowered... I think it would have been on the safe side but IMHO he needs 19x10 up front and 20x10+ on the back this would yeild better tire options..
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2010, 1:08 am

Could a mod please move all of page two to another thread and call it tire talk, we 100% hijacked this thread lol
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2010, 1:46 am

Hoosiers would be nice but i would burn them up even faster and they are expensive. they tend to cause power steering issues with our cars and break suspension parts too. also only one set of borbert wheels have been found to clear the brembos in a wide 18in that you need to run hoosiers in our bolt patern of 5x115mm and they aren't making them right now. anyone using 5x114.3 is an idiot and I'm not taking that easy way out.

plus i already had 2 sets of viper wheels so i just ran with it. NT-05's are the most road race worthy of the 20in tires in our sizes that don't brake the bank. i would also love to have factory 20in bridgestone RE070's those are factory tires from a nissan GTR... but those are 400 bux a piece.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2010, 7:44 am

RED REP ON JONTOAD UP THERE??????????

wtf

Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2010, 8:48 am

jontoad wrote:
Hoosiers would be nice but i would burn them up even faster and they are expensive. they tend to cause power steering issues with our cars and break suspension parts too. also only one set of borbert wheels have been found to clear the brembos in a wide 18in that you need to run hoosiers in our bolt patern of 5x115mm and they aren't making them right now. anyone using 5x114.3 is an idiot and I'm not taking that easy way out.

plus i already had 2 sets of viper wheels so i just ran with it. NT-05's are the most road race worthy of the 20in tires in our sizes that don't brake the bank. i would also love to have factory 20in bridgestone RE070's those are factory tires from a nissan GTR... but those are 400 bux a piece.

yeah they do break stuff lol and reasnobly priced, but 400$ a tire is crazy imho unless they are 355 or something mad like that.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2010, 9:26 am

i bought a winter car so the charger is gonna be garage kept now...... yeah baby
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor   Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mopar Official Challenger with Viper Motor
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2