Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CAMM day at the drags

Go down 
+22
Iguanaman
Dartboy
Moparcharger07
chargerchick
Fidostudio
firestartr420
Its so fast
ghost
HemiMag
AlterEgo
jontoad
liljoejoe54
Dman70
otter1363
Okie6.1
Shawn1112
irishrt5.7
Illinois Chaos
goldberg1701
300Crocket
RT!st!C
eviltrycycle
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2010, 8:39 pm

You guys are nuts. Cool
Back to top Go down
goldberg1701
CAMM Pro
goldberg1701

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2010, 8:55 pm

Pencil me in as a maybe. Still a little far off to know exactly what's going on for me.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2010, 9:41 pm

I will prob go. not sure if i will run. not sure if i want to waste the tires to go in a straight line... lol.
Back to top Go down
goldberg1701
CAMM Pro
goldberg1701

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2010, 9:58 pm

jontoad wrote:
I will prob go. not sure if i will run. not sure if i want to waste the tires to go in a straight line... lol.

I've got the lowly RSAs...I can probably only go in a straight line...lol
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2010, 9:13 pm

I added us to the list!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 10:52 pm

Ghost you better go to this dude. Smile
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 11:09 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Fuck yeah! Count me in!

X2 !!!! Add me plz...
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2010, 2:50 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
Ghost you better go to this dude. Smile

i will do my best for you chica
Back to top Go down
Its so fast
CAMM Rookie

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2010, 5:57 pm

I'm in. sounds like alot of fun
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2010, 7:20 pm

Bump, is anyone else interested???Let's get a big group out there!!!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2010, 9:38 pm

In case there are people that want to go, but are afraid because they have never been to or done any drag racing. Big news, the track officials don't give a shit. I saw one official motioning a guy to back up last week, because he did this huge burn out past the starting line, like he was on tv. Then he backed up and staged his rear wheels in the box. I was laughing so hard I thought I'd die.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2010, 9:43 pm

Just an FYI there is a pretty good chance they are going to send me to FL for work during this week but I will keep the day planned even if I can't make it. Will know more this week.

And yeah what Tom said this track is pretty laid back and there are enough of us in the group that have been before so we can help out with any questions.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2010, 9:46 pm

sounds like a lot of fun, i think the only things "scaring" me from doing it is 1) bone stock v6, 2) Never done it 3) Still can't figure out how to burn out these newer cars 4) afraid of breaking my car hahaha
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2010, 9:50 pm

First time i went down the track I was bone stock.

You really do not need to do a burnout just don't roll through the water box in street tires, go around.

As to breaking stuff, well look at it this way you can break things just driving the car. These cars are built to be beat on and as long as you keep it off the wall and shiny side up you are all good.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2010, 9:52 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
These cars are built to be beat on and as long as you keep it off the wall and shiny side up you are all good.

thats what im mostly afraid of... hahah
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2010, 9:54 pm

Just don't let your brakes get hot and if they do they have a nice gravel area that will stop your car.

I went down with BALD ass tires and had no issues with control.

It can be nerve wracking up until you run the first time then you get hooked and its all good.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2010, 9:55 pm

No need for a burnout. Just pull right up to the box and stage. There are alot of v6 and 4cyl. whatever cars there. snowmobiles race there and bikes too. breaking your car?, well push peddle drive straight and stay off of the wall and stop before the end keeping fingers crossed. Seriously, I don't think you will break.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2010, 10:01 pm

ooooohhhh... you guys are evil!!!!! tempting me like this....
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2010, 10:01 pm

OK, I'm in...gonna need help with what to do though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2010, 10:08 pm

Everyone is scared shitless the first time. You wait and wait and then you say fuck it "I'm going". Then your hooked and we have to take your keys away to get you to stop.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2010, 10:14 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Everyone is scared shitless the first time. You wait and wait and then you say fuck it "I'm going". Then your hooked and we have to take your keys away to get you to stop.

hahah, im prone to addiction.... ill keep the spare key somewhere so you guys don't find it and ill start running when you guys arent looking....hahah
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2010, 10:14 pm

Tom no problem dude. Smile

Man I really hope I am in town for this.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2010, 5:37 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:

You got that right bro. I hesitated the first time I went to the track. My legs were shaking like a sumbitch when I staged for the first time. But after the first run, you couldnt make me stop getting in line.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2010, 8:29 am

Yep. Once you get the staging thing at the line over with and your moving down the strip your hair feels like it's on fire.
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2010, 8:31 am

I don't know if you guys are making it better or worse affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAMM day at the drags   CAMM day at the drags - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAMM day at the drags
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next