Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...

Go down 
+22
RT!st!C
AlterEgo
Dartboy
jesse031081
Rudedog74
Motor
inkedup
Shawn1112
Moparcharger07
ChiTownHemi
The Italian Mistress
Headtripp
HemiMag
goldberg1701
chargerchick
eviltrycycle
jontoad
Illinois Chaos
HiPwr
liljoejoe54
Okie6.1
irishrt5.7
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2010, 4:09 pm

Im sorry to hear that bro. I would take it back and make them do it right.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2010, 6:03 pm

Brian, like others said your entitled to have the car repaired the right way. If they still do a shit job or Allstate tells you to fuck off, then file a claim with your insurance company. A lot of people dont know this, but you are allowed to take your car to the body shop of your choice, not who they tell you to. Too many people go where the insurance tells them too, thinking the claim will get denied if they dont. Thats total bullshit! I know this from when my car was hit while parked, the guys insurance told me I had to go to there shop, so I called my agent and he said B.S. go where I want and if they dont pay, then my insurance would pay and sue them for the extra dough. They paid!
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2010, 6:22 pm

your insurance has a list of there certified repair centers ...not all are approved....
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2010, 7:18 pm

inkedup wrote:
your insurance has a list of there certified repair centers ...not all are approved....
It doesnt matter if they are approved or not. You can go anywhere
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2010, 7:19 pm

you don't have to yell..........lol
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2010, 8:18 pm

inkedup wrote:
lmao!!! bearbang
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2010, 11:36 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
inkedup wrote:
lmao!!! bearbang

X2 ROTFLMFAO!!!!
Back to top Go down
Motor
CAMM Pro
Motor

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2010, 11:41 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
inkedup wrote:
It doesnt matter if they are approved or not. You can go anywhere

x2 approved just basically makes it faster and that they can give you a qoute on site instead of an adjuster coming out. I never use 'approved' shops...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2010, 6:42 am

The problem with "approved" shops is that they pretty much get a set price on insurance work. So very rarely do they take that extra step, or take pride in the work because of that. Now if you were a cash paying customer you might get a little better work out of a shop.
Back to top Go down
Hurst Pak
CAMM Pro
Hurst Pak

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2010, 12:27 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
The problem with "approved" shops is that they pretty much get a set price on insurance work. So very rarely do they take that extra step, or take pride in the work because of that. Now if you were a cash paying customer you might get a little better work out of a shop.

Shawn.. as this is what I do for a living, I have to correct you .

There are good shops & bad shops for sure. Just because they are "approved" does not mean that they take a cut rate price & do a cut rate job ,because of insurance or cash pay.

most shop now give a lifetime warranty on workmanship.

most high profile Insurance companys will align them self with quality shops.

and back their shops repairs & if repairs are not to the customers satisfaction , the company will do what they need to do to make sure the customer is happy. unless the customer is just out of line.

and no I don't work the the above mentioned company
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2010, 3:40 pm

Paul, I know what you are saying and I understand it. But if your in the business, then you should agree that there are quite a few shops that do shit work and these are "approved" shops. I think I was mis understood in my above post. What I meant is going to an "approved" shop you are not going to get the same work as if you went to a "custom" shop, which Brian is entitled to. Imo, these shops that do insurance work just dont take as much pride in the work as a custom shop would. These guys in the "approved" shops are trying to make as much money as fast as possible. That means get in in and get it done asap! Now if you know someone at an approved shop, then it may be a different story. When I worked at Ziebart, we had quite a few body shop accounts, and I personally know guys that own body shops. So what I said about get it in and done asap comes right from the horses mouth.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2010, 3:45 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
. . . So what I said about get it in and done asap comes right from the horses mouth.

Under no circumstances should you ever let a horse do any kind of body work on your car. They have hooves and can't grip tools and they aren't smart enough to really pay attention to what they are doing. I'm not knocking them, I just say bodywork is not their thing. Pulling a cart; now that's where they shine!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2010, 4:00 pm

HiPwr wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
. . . So what I said about get it in and done asap comes right from the horses mouth.

Under no circumstances should you ever let a horse do any kind of body work on your car. They have hooves and can't grip tools and they aren't smart enough to really pay attention to what they are doing. I'm not knocking them, I just say bodywork is not their thing. Pulling a cart; now that's where they shine!
rotflmfao, you are such a dickhead, but funny though.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2010, 6:20 pm

i'm telling you take it to my guy he is the fucking best,believe me im very anal(not in a gay way).they have done all of my cars .and rework done from another place.enterprise will pick you up from there too.
Back to top Go down
The Italian Mistress
CAMM Member
The Italian Mistress

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2010, 8:57 pm

inkedup wrote:
i'm telling you take it to my guy he is the fucking best,believe me im very anal(not in a gay way).they have done all of my cars .and rework done from another place.enterprise will pick you up from there too.

Thanks ....... will def keep in mind...........they are only getting one more chance......
Back to top Go down
Motor
CAMM Pro
Motor

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2010, 9:43 pm

inkedup wrote:

i dunno about that...
Back to top Go down
Hurst Pak
CAMM Pro
Hurst Pak

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2010, 8:46 am

Shawn1112 wrote:
Paul, I know what you are saying and I understand it. But if your in the business, then you should agree that there are quite a few shops that do shit work and these are "approved" shops. I think I was mis understood in my above post. What I meant is going to an "approved" shop you are not going to get the same work as if you went to a "custom" shop, which Brian is entitled to. Imo, these shops that do insurance work just dont take as much pride in the work as a custom shop would. These guys in the "approved" shops are trying to make as much money as fast as possible. That means get in in and get it done asap! Now if you know someone at an approved shop, then it may be a different story. When I worked at Ziebart, we had quite a few body shop accounts, and I personally know guys that own body shops. So what I said about get it in and done asap comes right from the horses mouth.

Agree. Very Happy

Shops are in business to make money. they are production shops. I have personaly managed several shops in Chicago & NW Indiana. (since the mid 80's affraid ) affraid . you have good body men (persons) and hacks.

good shops that take pride & Hack shops. some of both are "approved" I would put the pressure on the Insurance Company that puts the stamp of approval to screen the good from the bad.

If that insurance company reffers a person to one of their "approved shops " they better be ready to resolve any issues a customer may have in a timely manner with out any runaround.

On the choice of shops- The owner of the car has the final choice on who repairs their car - The Insurance company can not force anyone to go to an "approved" shop. They can suggest & empower the owner on warrantys they have with a shop . which may or maynot matter as most all High end shop warranty their work as long at the customer owns the car.

so I guess we are in agreement
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2010, 2:16 am

Update?
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2010, 10:30 am

Car goes back into the shop this week... once it is back out i will update again...
Back to top Go down
The Italian Mistress
CAMM Member
The Italian Mistress

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 10:51 am

Car went back in the shop as of yesterday....... will update once I get her back
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 11:50 am

Good luck, and dont except anything short of perfect.
Back to top Go down
The Italian Mistress
CAMM Member
The Italian Mistress

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 12:08 pm

Thanks Shawn ..... will do
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 12:09 pm

Like Shawn said,don't walk out of there until you're completely satified!!!GL to you both
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 7:37 pm

Good luck with it Debi!
Back to top Go down
The Italian Mistress
CAMM Member
The Italian Mistress

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 9:00 pm

Thanks guys..... keeping my fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...   Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear... - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Midnight lust has just taken a hard one in the rear...
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next