Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Damn that sucked...

Go down 
+3
inkedup
HiPwr
Dartboy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

Damn that sucked... Empty
PostSubject: Damn that sucked...   Damn that sucked... I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2010, 5:10 pm

Last week coming home from work....

they have been working to repave Larkin ave...(one of the main roads thru town)

well was about 3 am and they sprayed oil/tar down...

NO SIGNS ...NO CONSTRUCTION CREW...NO TRUCK WITH LIGHTS... NOTHING!!!! like they sprayed and left!!!

one car fish tailing all over and one guy jackknifed/90 degree turn righ in front of me...
lucky I wasnt closer to him...

so I get home and my whole wheel well,tires,side of car,rims... COVERED in this tar/oil...

nothing could get it off ...till I used GOO GONE....

white towel turned completely black...1 1/2 hrs wiping the whole damn car down trying to get it off...

then today tried to scrub the wheel wells with Dawn and scrub brush and hot water...no good...
had to use another towel and GOO GONE again on inside my wheel wells...what a pain in the ass!!

but shes clean now... need to get a coat of wax on her now...(just to beat after the last 2 weeks to do it right now)

and yes I called the police non emergency # to complain that no signs and people swerving all over the place...
Think I should find out the construction compnay and bitch?!?! Im sure under my car is covered still....
guess I should of taken pics but just wanted to get that crap off...

man it pissed me off, no signs...I would of turned down a different way/Street!!
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Damn that sucked...   Damn that sucked... I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2010, 5:45 pm

No excuse. You need to raise hell with someone! If you had taken your car to our friends at Perfect Auto Finish, you may have even been compensated. But because you cleaned it up yourself, I doubt you'll get anything more than an apology.

Last edited by HiPwr on August 23rd 2010, 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Damn that sucked...   Damn that sucked... I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2010, 5:52 pm

im gonna hit the wheel wells with some goo gone then after washing the beast yesterday i noticed quite a few tar speckles.......ya know they need to make sure the shits dry before they open the roads.and put up a fucking sign or something....now i know why they say (i.d.o.t) stands for idiots
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Damn that sucked...   Damn that sucked... I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2010, 6:13 pm

Lighter fluid is a Goo Gone equivalent, by the way.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Damn that sucked...   Damn that sucked... I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2010, 6:16 pm

SO GASOLINE WILL BE OK TOO?
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Damn that sucked...   Damn that sucked... I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2010, 6:18 pm

same thing happened to my mother in law's 300.She called the city to complain and got a free complete detail inside out....
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Damn that sucked...   Damn that sucked... I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2010, 12:19 am

Good free rustproofing haha
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Damn that sucked...   Damn that sucked... I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2010, 4:48 am

Thats fucked up.
Back to top Go down
300Crocket
CAMM Member
300Crocket

PostSubject: Re: Damn that sucked...   Damn that sucked... I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2010, 6:28 am

Been there! I used WD-40 to get it off! It was everywhere!

Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Damn that sucked...   Damn that sucked... I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2010, 7:45 am

it wasnt like they did a slight misting either...it was REALLLLLLLY sprayed down and could be in puddled in some places...

at least the good things is people saying in this thread of stuff that will take it off....
Goo Gone
Lighter Fluid
WD-40
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn that sucked...   Damn that sucked... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Damn that sucked...
Page 1 of 1