Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is this?(Pic heavy)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

What is this?(Pic heavy) Empty
PostSubject: What is this?(Pic heavy)   What is this?(Pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2010, 3:07 pm

Ok so some of you have seen and asked me about the wires in the photos below. Well today I investigated because if I can get rid of it I am going to remove it but before I do I wanted to share it with you and see what you guys think. I think it goes to some aftermarket security system that has been removed

What is this?(Pic heavy) 40950_1463085229068_1591597014_1097477_7949880_n
What looks to be some sort of mercury switch to not allow the car to be started with hood up.

What is this?(Pic heavy) 40909_1463085389072_1591597014_1097478_4910179_n
Wiring going in behind dash

What is this?(Pic heavy) 40909_1463085429073_1591597014_1097479_4619850_n
Looks like a switch that I have seen on other cars that kills the engine if thief tries to steal car

What is this?(Pic heavy) 41363_1463085549076_1591597014_1097482_5570585_n
All wiring meets here yes one is exposed and I took care of that

I want to get rid of it if I can but don't want to just start pulling all the wiring then not be able to start car.

Back to top Go down
punkerjim
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: What is this?(Pic heavy)   What is this?(Pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2010, 4:16 pm

i've heard of lots of people having problems after they attempt to remove a security system. I know nothing of how electrical works (i'd assume there's little elves running around inside those wires) so i'm of less help than with normal car stuff.... but, yeah, i'd guess security system.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: What is this?(Pic heavy)   What is this?(Pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2010, 11:57 pm

I always wondered what that was I thought you knew lol. Just disconnect it nicley and see what happens. If the car starts then your in business if not just put it back on
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: What is this?(Pic heavy)   What is this?(Pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2010, 5:22 am

I thought I knew what it was but when I looked it confused the shit out of me. Why would it be there and serve no purpose? I will look at taking it off later today after I get off of work.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: What is this?(Pic heavy)   What is this?(Pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2010, 5:49 am

Headtripp wrote:
I always wondered what that was I thought you knew lol. Just disconnect it nicley and see what happens. If the car starts then your in business if not just put it back on

X2. if you clip the wires just leave enough slack so you can reconnect them if you have to.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: What is this?(Pic heavy)   What is this?(Pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2010, 1:25 pm

Well I removed the power source to all wiring and it didn't mess with car so it is all removed now and car is fine. Good deal cause it looks a lot better with out that under the hood. Who ever installed it put good solder on it.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: What is this?(Pic heavy)   What is this?(Pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 8:41 pm

I found out what it was today it goes to my remote start. So now I need to rewire it up so it looks cleaner that it did. Need a power source that is hidden and should be good.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: What is this?(Pic heavy)   What is this?(Pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 9:20 pm

Okie5.7 wrote:
I found out what it was today it goes to my remote start. So now I need to rewire it up so it looks cleaner that it did. Need a power source that is hidden and should be good.
Why the hell would someone cut into that cover to install that? scratch MAybe it was the open hood sensor so you can not start the car with the hood up remotley
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: What is this?(Pic heavy)   What is this?(Pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2010, 9:24 pm

Yeah but it didn't work I used the remote start with the hood open before to see if that was its purpose. I'm only hooking the power wire to see if that will allow me to use my remote start feature but will do a much cleaner install than what it looked like.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: What is this?(Pic heavy)   What is this?(Pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2010, 12:34 am

if it isnt an open hood sensor, by chance could it be the RF reciever for the remote start? Hopefully you can get it repaired!! Winter really isnt that far away
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: What is this?(Pic heavy)   What is this?(Pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2010, 5:36 am

Shouldn't be to hard I know where the wiring is at so just hook everything back up and should be good to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is this?(Pic heavy)   What is this?(Pic heavy) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is this?(Pic heavy)
Page 1 of 1