Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rear noise found problem

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

Rear noise found problem Empty
PostSubject: Rear noise found problem   Rear noise found problem I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2010, 11:25 am

Ok lately when driving I am hearing from the rear of my magnum sounds like a clunk from the rear shock area. Doesn't happen all the time but it is annoying. I have no idea what it is and want to get it fixed. Any ideas?

Last edited by Okie5.7 on July 28th 2010, 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Rear noise found problem   Rear noise found problem I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2010, 12:05 pm

Could be a loose shock or a end link.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Rear noise found problem   Rear noise found problem I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2010, 12:15 pm

I was thinking loose shock
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Rear noise found problem   Rear noise found problem I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2010, 2:02 pm

Helli it might even be a speaker weird but it doesn't do it all the time
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Rear noise found problem   Rear noise found problem I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2010, 6:08 pm

Check the lower inner control arm, the trailing arms lower front and rear/upper. If it isn't a shock or end link.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Rear noise found problem   Rear noise found problem I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2010, 8:56 pm

Could we check this out on mod day or should I lift it at the shop close to my house? If so anyone willing to come help me figure out what it is?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Rear noise found problem   Rear noise found problem I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2010, 9:28 pm

Okie5.7 wrote:
Could we check this out on mod day or should I lift it at the shop close to my house? If so anyone willing to come help me figure out what it is?

We could get it up on jack stands and have a look. These things can be elusive until you get it nailed down, ya know?
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Rear noise found problem   Rear noise found problem I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2010, 9:30 pm

Yeah that sounds good better to have someone else looking for it the more eyes the better. It really seems to only happen at lower speeds when in parking lots and such. I want to figure it out so I can get some of my suspension mods going.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Rear noise found problem   Rear noise found problem I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2010, 9:39 pm

I have one floor jack and some stands should be no problem. And I also just bought a table top belt sander if anyone wants to smooth out some plexi glass lol
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Rear noise found problem   Rear noise found problem I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2010, 9:40 pm

Great looks like I will be getting alot done this saturday. Can't wait for it to be here.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Rear noise found problem   Rear noise found problem I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 7:35 pm

Taking it to the dealership i bought it from tomorrow all work should be covered by my warranty.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Rear noise found problem   Rear noise found problem I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2010, 7:41 pm

Good to hear Nick! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: Rear noise found problem   Rear noise found problem I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 9:08 pm

Dealership found that the rear shock mounts are warped in some way so the will be fixing them along with my remote starter module all at no cost to me.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Rear noise found problem   Rear noise found problem I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 9:12 pm

nice
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Rear noise found problem   Rear noise found problem I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 11:27 pm

Okie5.7 wrote:
Dealership found that the rear shock mounts are warped in some way so the will be fixing them along with my remote starter module all at no cost to me.

Cool! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear noise found problem   Rear noise found problem I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear noise found problem
Page 1 of 1