Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stupid Lug Nuts!!!

Go down 
+4
xegitalian19xx
crazy933
300Crocket
DamnSTR8
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

Stupid Lug Nuts!!! Empty
PostSubject: Stupid Lug Nuts!!!   Stupid Lug Nuts!!! I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2010, 11:28 am

So as I was taking off my wheels to get ready to go get painted i had a problem with my last lugnut...it kept spinning and here I thought i stripped it...soon i was informed by Anthony that there's a crappy aluminum cover over the lug...so after an hour of prying I got it to loosen around the lug...so i hammered the socket on,..but little did I know that when i did this it was pushing the sharp edges outwards into the lug hole in the wheel...and when i spun it out it cut grooves into my wheel!! WTF!! Thank god im getting them fixed....

Stupid Lug Nuts!!! Lug_gr10
Back to top Go down
300Crocket
CAMM Member
300Crocket

Stupid Lug Nuts!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid Lug Nuts!!!   Stupid Lug Nuts!!! I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2010, 1:09 pm

Ouch!
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

Stupid Lug Nuts!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid Lug Nuts!!!   Stupid Lug Nuts!!! I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2010, 2:06 pm

just cuz of stupid shit like the chrome covers they put on the lugs, I just should go by some aftermarket lugs. That sux dude.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

Stupid Lug Nuts!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid Lug Nuts!!!   Stupid Lug Nuts!!! I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2010, 3:21 pm

That would have completely sucked if you weren't going to get ur wheels done dude!!! Glad I could be at least some assistance for ya though!
Back to top Go down
Invader
CAMM Member
Invader

Stupid Lug Nuts!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid Lug Nuts!!!   Stupid Lug Nuts!!! I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2010, 3:44 pm

Good thing it wasn't a flat out on the road some where.
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

Stupid Lug Nuts!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid Lug Nuts!!!   Stupid Lug Nuts!!! I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2010, 3:45 pm

xegitalian19xx wrote:
That would have completely sucked if you weren't going to get ur wheels done dude!!! Glad I could be at least some assistance for ya though!

well if this did happen i would have gotten it fixed no matter what...but yes thank you! and thanks Dodge for skimping on quality lug nuts!!!
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

Stupid Lug Nuts!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid Lug Nuts!!!   Stupid Lug Nuts!!! I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2010, 3:46 pm

Invader wrote:
Good thing it wasn't a flat out on the road some where.

Yeah no kidding..I would have been even more furious than I already was!!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Stupid Lug Nuts!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid Lug Nuts!!!   Stupid Lug Nuts!!! I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2010, 7:45 pm

thats why no matter how bad the cap gets you have to pound on the correct socket with a hammer. do not size up in socket or try to take the cap off or it gets worse. then when the nut is stuck in the socket you pound the side of the socket and the nut will pop out. then its on to the next one.

i have to deal with those nuts on a daily basis. no biggie, you should have given me a call at the shop and i could have told ya what to do...
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

Stupid Lug Nuts!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid Lug Nuts!!!   Stupid Lug Nuts!!! I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2010, 8:59 pm

Dude, that sucks. Glad you're getting them redone anyway.

In other news, I was confused by the topic title...that was supposed to be the name of my new band, and I thought someone had stolen the name.
Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

Stupid Lug Nuts!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid Lug Nuts!!!   Stupid Lug Nuts!!! I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2010, 1:19 am

i got rid of my stock lugs yrs ago.i bought the gorrila brand.i think they are stainless.ive had no problems since i bought them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stupid Lug Nuts!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid Lug Nuts!!!   Stupid Lug Nuts!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stupid Lug Nuts!!!
Page 1 of 1