Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions

Go down 
+6
Shawn1112
liljoejoe54
Illinois Chaos
Iguanaman
ChiTownHemi
moaugust88
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Would you buy BND products if someone give a review on them?
Yes
BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_vote1239%BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_vote13
 39% [ 7 ]
No
BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_vote1217%BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_vote13
 17% [ 3 ]
Maybe
BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_vote1228%BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_vote13
 28% [ 5 ]
Depends on the product itself
BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_vote1216%BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_vote13
 16% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions Empty
PostSubject: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJune 26th 2010, 2:17 pm

The order process:
Well I had placed my order a little over two weeks ago. Was Quantum Blue oil, ACES IV, and their oil filter. Keep in mind that Brian over at BND has to gather all the raw materials to create the specially blended oil. So if you have to place an order keep in mind that it will take some time so kinda time your oil change or order early to just stock up. Brian is really good on customer service and actually talking to you like a human being. Some of the bigger named vendors, not referring to any vendor on here, won't even have that kind of manner like he does. Heck you've could've sworn you've met him before. Anyways when it came time to order from him we went over what mods I had done to the car and if any future mods for it. I'm pretty mild to most the members on here. So he recommended 7.5w-23 because I was retaining the MDS system on my car. So it was ordered. Brian let me know that it would take a week to complete and ship to me so I said cool. He didn't even charge til he shipped it to me. However it was about a week and a half, no oil, I gave Brian a buzz and he let me know that with the oil spill their parent company was going nuts so he hasn't had time around BND to have the complete materials to create my oil. Again he reassured me and let me know that he'll tell me when the oil will ship and send and e-mail conformation about it. Going on about two weeks I recieve my oil finally through FedEx. Brian did let me know and kept me in the loop about what was going on.

The Products:
The package came in a standard shipping box and was kinda small from the looks of it, but sure enough it was everything I ordered. Two gallons of 7.5w-23 Oil, a quart of ACES IV, and their Quantum Blue Oil filter. Some promo stickers as well that I wish I had more of but just placed the ones I had on my engine cover. Pretty clearly is this oil different, it says right on the bottle that it made for you and your car/wagon. Wagon in my case. The oil filter was in a brown paper bag, but don't let that fool you. It was heavier than most of the oil filters I've even had in my hand. Thats a wide assortment in the short life time of the car that I've had it.

The oil change:
Did the oil change like you are supposed to drained it, took off the filter put everything back and lowered the car and prepared to fill'er back up. Took out the cap and dipstick, cleaned both, and placed a funnel to begin pouring. The oil seemed to have the viscosity of water but was thick. But then again most of the 5w-20s out there have this look. But Brian's oil was just a little more "loose." After it was topped off I check the level to be sure and secured everything under the hood. I checked my tune on the car and put some ACES on a half tank going to go fill it up, I live less than a mile away from a gas station.

The performance:
Brian told me I wouldn't really notice anything until the car has had some miles on it. Well stroke of luck that I had a mini trip to take to my father's aunts house to deliver some insulin for my grandmother, who is in Mexico currently, all the way in Elgin. So we were gonna leave the following morning Friday at 5:30. We left and got straight on the highway. After the oil warmed up and we had a constant speed heading out of Chicago the car was nice and smooth and responsive. I noticed that the car accelerates smoothly from 40 to 80 WOT and holds at 80 nice. Some of the "HEMI tick did smooth out, but there was still noise. Brian anticipates that this would go away after some time on the oil. But I'm loving that with the tune and oil and ACES the car run way noticeably better. Everything feels smooth. And I know with the catch can it's reducing the knock retard cause it isn't as sluggish as I've felt. But man this oil does wonders. If you've ever just though about it and not pull the trigger you have to it's something you won't regret. I've used an assortment of oils, mainly Mobil 1, such as (in order of best to worse) Royal Purple, Mobil 1, Pennzoil, Castol. And oil filters. But this is the best combo of the two. And with a 10,000 mile max change interval it really is the best bang for the buck for anyone cheap it just requires that jump. Even with two 5,000 Royal Purple oil changes it's pays for itself. Considering you're spending 70 dollars for oil and filter, thats 140, compared to the 120 with Brain. And he even gives a discount. That's just not bad. Only downside I see is that this stuff might be addicting. But since when is that a bad thing? thumbsup
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJune 26th 2010, 7:45 pm

I've been very impressed myself with BND oil and Aces IV. And now that I'm changing my oil myself, I love the fact that I can go 9K to 10K without having to change oil again. Only thing I don't like about ordering from Brian is that when you call him, plan on spending about an hour on the phone. Sleep It's cool though... He's very proud of what he does and he loves to educate his customers - nothing wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJune 26th 2010, 9:44 pm

Ditto to what you guys have said. I've said it here before, but I'm glad to hear people give independent confirmation of what HiPwr and I have been saying. Brian really is fantastic and if you go this route, you won't be sorry.

Now I have to find someone to change the dif fluid and coolant and put in the BND stuff that I STILL HAVE sitting in my garage!

Last edited by Iguanaman on June 26th 2010, 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar police)
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJune 26th 2010, 10:22 pm

Yeah we could only say soo much but not give it enough credit. I like it and I think Brian has a return customer.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 12:06 pm

I'm sure it's really nice stuff. Maybe he could get Nascar to switch all of the teams from Mobil 1 to Qblue. Chrysler too for that matter.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 12:32 pm

Heh yeah. Brian was saying that some racing teams are using it, just really I think on the drag circuit. But not sure what he did say.
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 4:12 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
I'm sure it's really nice stuff. Maybe he could get Nascar to switch all of the teams from Mobil 1 to Qblue. Chrysler too for that matter.

He's doing well but I don't think he's got quite the money that Exxon Mobil does to buy all those sponsorships.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 8:37 pm

Yeah right you are, Bill. Here is a fun little quiz. What does Exxon Mobil and BP represent? hint: the Supreme court ruled against whom to break up what in 1911?

Answer at bottom of page

John D. Rockefeller and his Standard Oil Trust
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 9:36 pm

Iguanaman wrote:
Ditto to what you guys have said. I've said it here before, but I'm glad to hear people give independent confirmation of what HiPwr and I have been saying. Brian really is fantastic and if you go this route, you won't be sorry.

Now I have to find someone to change the dif fluid and coolant and put in the BND stuff that I STILL HAVE sitting in my garage!

Its not hard. Im sure I can do it on the next mod day.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 10:04 pm

Yeah ditto. Pretty easy.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 10:43 pm

I have heard nothing but good things about this oil. I'm just unsure that I would go 10,000 between oil changes!
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 10:45 pm

Thats why you'd change the filter. You do get an extra quart. Topping off between them if you don't rely on a single oil filter.
Back to top Go down
5.7daytona
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 2:45 pm

i also am a QB guy and can't say enough about Brian. what also is nice is that at yoru next oil change you can do a oil analysis. it's like $5 from Brian and the customer and Brian get's a copy of the results. if anything is the matter Brian will contact you and talk to you about it. the analysis tells alot about how your car is reacting to the fluids , which always seems to be a positive. so def give QB a chance, you won't regret it!!!!!
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 3:16 pm

The only problem I have is the 10000 mile oil change interval. I know the owners manual states that at no time shall the interval exceed 6000 miles. I do not want to lose the lifetime powertrain warranty. I spoke with Brian and he told me there would have to be some nasty oil in the crankcase if I had an issue that would void the warranty. At the same time, my father in law worked for a Ford dealer for many years and is now a business agent for the union and he said he would not take a chance on losing the warranty because of a 10000 mile oil change interval. I would think all the dealer has to do is ask for your maintenance records or recipts and if things don't average out to less than 6K miles between oil changes then the dealer can say "it ain't covered".
Back to top Go down
5.7daytona
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 3:28 pm

But there is some called the magnuson-Moss Warranty Act where their has to be proof that the oil caused the problem/problems .
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 4:05 pm

5.7daytona wrote:
But there is some called the magnuson-Moss Warranty Act where their has to be proof that the oil caused the problem/problems .

I realize the "act" is there to protect us. Iwould think the "act" would apply more to modifications to the vehicle ex. exhaust, cams, injectors. But we are talking about maintenance. If Dodge said you have to use "dodge oil or doge filters" that is a different story. They are saying use 5W-20 and change no less than 6000 miles. No where does it say if we use the best oil "Quantum Blue" that we can go 10K miles. Believe me I would love to use QB, but right now I'm not comfortable with it. I know i can use it in my other cars because there is no warranty issue. I would love to use QB in the charger to prevent any issue, but if an issue does arrise then i want mt bases covered. I have ordered the ACES IV and Steering Fluid for use in all my cars. Like I said, right now I'm on the fence.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 4:12 pm

Yeah, I'm way out of warranty. And really just seeing how well this oil works. Maybe after some testing by use, not that the other users haven't, can we see what the outcome would be. I think the best would be to talk to Iguanaman as he said that he was getting close to his change (if I remember correctly) and see what his oil analysis would show. I doubt that the oil would cause problem but if you have lifetime you have peace of mind but at the same time, restricted unless you have the funds to break the car. You know I wonder what Brian uses as a base for this oil.
Back to top Go down
5.7daytona
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 4:13 pm

I just find it hard to believe that the dealership would have a problem if you are changing your oil and using oil that is better for your car. If they had a problem Brian would call them and ask them to prove that QB oil caused something in the engine to fail and not jerk you around. I understand your concern but dealerships just want your money, they can give two shits about your car.
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 4:58 pm

well, I just called the local dealer and they said if i cannot prove the oil was changed every 6000 miles or less, the warranty would be voided.

even with an oil anaylsis evey 10K miles.

Any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 5:31 pm

Well go with QB and change every 6000 expensive but best option.
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 5:36 pm

moaugust88 wrote:
Well go with QB and change

every 6000 expensive but best option.

thats the way i'm leaning.. although expensive..
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 5:57 pm

Yeah cause I think and oil change would be 115 a pop.
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 1:29 pm

So i got some ACES IV, put it in the charger and the first night after about 20 miles she said said it felt smoother. Now also that night i did a throttle recalibration, that in itself did wonders for the responsivness of the car. The "HEMI Tick" is still there after about a hundred miles but it doesn't sound as loud and high pitched, it is almost muffled now.

I also put some in a 97 grand am with 127000 miles on it. The old girl likes it, the car seems much smoother when you give it gas.

I also used it in an '04 Explorer with 87,000 miles. A slight improvement so far, only drove maybe 20 or 30 miles.

So far I'm liking it and seriously thinking about switching more fluids to Quantum Blue.

I just don't know how to get around the warranty issue with Dodge and a 6000 mile oil change interval

Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 5:39 pm

I'm using Aces IV in our 2003 Mazda MPV in addition to my Charger. Smoother...switching the oil to QB at the next oil change.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 5:53 pm

Yeah I can say that most of the HEMI tick went away but that's just prolly just my mind. I hear it but I don't have it as loud even with the cover off. But other than that the car has been pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions   BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BND Automotive and Quantum Blue Oil - First Impressions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next