Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pics of my braided radiator hose.

Go down 
+8
chargerchick
irishrt5.7
Hoodie
Headtripp
ChiTownHemi
ghost
AlterEgo
Shawn1112
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Pics of my braided radiator hose. Empty
PostSubject: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2009, 8:30 pm

Just finished installing my braided radiator hose. Cutting it down sucked, and I have a problem. Its leaking like a mother fucker!!!! I started the car and turned my defrost on to let the car cycle. When I first started it no leaks. I go in the house for 10 minutes come outside car is smoking and radiator fluid is leaking. I hosed the car down and will probably mess with it tomorrow. The clamp to the radiator side was really hard to get in there and tighten so I'm guessing thats where the leak is.
Well here is the pics I think it looks good!
Pics of my braided radiator hose. DSC02834
Pics of my braided radiator hose. DSC02837
Pics of my braided radiator hose. DSC02836
Pics of my braided radiator hose. DSC02835
Pics of my braided radiator hose. DSC02832
I painted this little car Saturday about 4am, not bad for how fucked up I was!!!!
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2009, 8:32 pm

Looks good too bad it's leaking.....

Impressive paint job, considering....LOL
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2009, 8:53 pm

are you pleased with the product? told you it would only be a day or so!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2009, 9:00 pm

Yes I am, after trying tu cut it with a brand new blade on my hacksaw. It took forever to cut so I guess the quality is their!!
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2009, 9:16 pm

good shit bro i am going to order!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2009, 9:40 pm

Dont order the 1 1/2 clamp. I talked to Matt and he thinks thats the problem, he said your better off using a regular clamp from the auto parts store!
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2009, 10:28 pm

Looks real good Shawn. My experience with Summit product has been good. I'm sure the hose will hold up well and you'll be fine as soon as you get that clamp tightened up good.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2009, 10:33 pm

Looks good hope ya get the leak worked out bro. I need one in black braided gonna start looking for one
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2009, 2:28 pm

Looks good on the car Shawn.. As we've talked about, it's not for me and my modding tastes but it fits in well for what you have going..

Sorry to hear that it's leaking and hopefully you'll get it worked out..

The paint job on the mini looks pretty good especially for being drunk and at 4am..
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2009, 2:51 pm

I think it looks good i have thought about doing this myself... i love the look of the older engine bays...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2009, 3:11 pm

Headtripp wrote:
Looks good hope ya get the leak worked out bro. I need one in black braided gonna start looking for one
Good luck with that Vic, Summit only had steel braided, no colors. But if anyone can find it I'm sure it will be you!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2009, 8:51 pm

Well problem fixed and no leaks as of yet. When I put the hose on the water neck side, I collapsed the hose a little bit so it wasnt completely seated correctly. So I decided to take the water neck off and put the hose on first which worked out better. So I asked Matt to come by since he is only 5 minutes away, I wanted a second opinion as to if it was seated correctly before I put it back together. Well low and behold we started the car to make sure the thermostat opened and nothing leaked. My heat was not blowing hot and the new hose wasnt heating up, well after the hose was leaking yesterday I somehow got air in my block. Well Matt noticed it and we pulled the thermostat and filled up the block with coolant and the problem solved. I'm glad Matt stopped by cause I would have probably not noticed it.

Thanks Matt
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2009, 9:45 pm

There's some good things to watch out for there (lessons learned). Thanks for sharing and glad you got er working!
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2009, 10:18 pm

The hoses look great and glad you got your problem solved! Smile
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2009, 11:09 am

chargerchick wrote:
The hoses look great and glad you got your problem solved! Smile
Me too!!!!!
No I have to give my motor a good cleaning!
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2009, 1:25 pm

That looks GREAT man!!!! Glad you got you're leak taken care of!!!! I was thinking of doing the same thing to mine, till I got that Killer Glass for the upper hose......
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2009, 6:32 pm

Moparcharger06 wrote:
That looks GREAT man!!!! Glad you got you're leak taken care of!!!! I was thinking of doing the same thing to mine, till I got that Killer Glass for the upper hose......
When did you get the killer glass???
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2009, 7:57 pm

I got it from Vic the day of Fiesta Days. It's the piece for the bottom hose on the hemi's. I'm gonna adapt it to the upper hose on mine. I just got a new upper hose today actually to install it. Probably, MAYBE have it done by the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2009, 8:45 pm

Nice.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2009, 4:13 pm

Drove my car about 120 miles yesterday and no leaking. I think I'm in good shape!
Back to top Go down
Dalegit1
CAMM Pro
Dalegit1

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2009, 7:15 pm

Im glad you worked out your problem with the hose. Nice meeting you yesterday by the way!!
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2009, 5:15 pm

Glad everything got worked out and no more leaking.. Definitely good that Matt noticed the air in the block.. Could've turned into bad things..
Back to top Go down
himfast07
CAMM Member
himfast07

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2009, 9:22 pm

Looks good. Sux that it leaks. You'll get it .
Back to top Go down
Super T
CAMM Rookie
Super T

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2009, 2:08 pm

Did you just get 1.75" hose and cut it to length? For a hose that size w/ those bends, it's worth getting one made. Spectre will braid over a (new) factory hose - 100% guaranteed to fit, and it's the "real" braiding, not a cheap slip-over sleeve.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2009, 3:22 pm

Super T wrote:
Did you just get 1.75" hose and cut it to length? For a hose that size w/ those bends, it's worth getting one made. Spectre will braid over a (new) factory hose - 100% guaranteed to fit, and it's the "real" braiding, not a cheap slip-over sleeve.
No, I ordered the hose from Summit and its real steel braided. Its 1.75 on one side and 1.50 on the other side, I did have to cut it down cause it was too long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pics of my braided radiator hose.   Pics of my braided radiator hose. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pics of my braided radiator hose.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine Bay Aesthetics-
Jump to: