Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

clay bar and wax, and some hood struts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

clay bar and wax, and some hood struts Empty
PostSubject: clay bar and wax, and some hood struts   clay bar and wax, and some hood struts I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 10:07 pm

Just spent the whole day clay barring and waxing my car... surprisingly, the clay bar was pretty easy, but due to my inexperience in the matter, it ended up taking me like 6 hours, and 2.5 bottles of Quick Detailer to clay my whole car. I did notice however, that I was having trouble removing some bugs and tar/sap from the paint. Maybe i was doing something wrong? I clayed and on the areas that the clay wasnt getting, i dried, went at it with bug and tar remover, a few spots came out, but a few of them, i had had to scrape away lightly with my finger nail, and then i clayed again after that. I wasnt using hardly any pressure when claying, perhaps that was my problem? I just kinda lightly rubbed the whole surface until it was smooth and not gritty. Yes i kneaded the clay very often, after every like 5 strokes, i was re-kneading. afterwards, i waxed the whole car. Being my first time ever doing this amount of work on a car, i must say I think I did a really good job. So, with that, i decided, it was time for something else. So i went over to the Mopar Supercenter, and ordered me a set of hood struts! hopefully those will bolt right on, and one more mod out of the way, since the damn tint guy had gone MIA the other day when i was supposed to get those done. Maybe ill shoot up to Mopars in the Park, and shoot the shit with some of you folks up there, now that Bettie is all sparkly Smile
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: clay bar and wax, and some hood struts   clay bar and wax, and some hood struts I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 10:27 pm

You forgot the first step is all. That's why the claying gave you fits. You have to strip the old wax off first. Either using a chemical wax stripper/paint prep., or dish soap and washing it. Claying should take about 30-40 min. and the bar should just glide across the panel. Do that first step next time and you will have an easier time of it.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: clay bar and wax, and some hood struts   clay bar and wax, and some hood struts I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 11:14 pm

Thanks for the tip, Tom! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: clay bar and wax, and some hood struts   clay bar and wax, and some hood struts I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 11:39 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
Maybe ill shoot up to Mopars in the Park, and shoot the shit with some of you folks up there, now that Bettie is all sparkly Smile

Post up in that thread if you are coming! CMC is giving us our own section to park in and I'll be giving the number to him sometime this week......Hope you can come! It's a great show and we always have a good time.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: clay bar and wax, and some hood struts   clay bar and wax, and some hood struts I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 11:43 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
You forgot the first step is all. That's why the claying gave you fits. You have to strip the old wax off first. Either using a chemical wax stripper/paint prep., or dish soap and washing it. Claying should take about 30-40 min. and the bar should just glide across the panel. Do that first step next time and you will have an easier time of it.

Reg blue Dawn is your friend!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: clay bar and wax, and some hood struts   clay bar and wax, and some hood struts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

clay bar and wax, and some hood struts
Page 1 of 1