Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Power seat help.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

Power seat help. Empty
PostSubject: Power seat help.   Power seat help. I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2010, 4:27 pm

As alot of you know i came up on some pretty nice seats last year. My car doesn't have the power seat plugs so i had to shoot power to them with a couple wires connected to the battery and then unplug the wires. my question is does anyone know of how i can permanently get power to the seats and not have to connect some wires to the battery again just to move the seats?
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Power seat help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power seat help.   Power seat help. I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2010, 4:28 pm

cant you just tap into the cig lighter or from the driver seat???
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

Power seat help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power seat help.   Power seat help. I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2010, 4:31 pm

are the seats 12v? If so cant i just tap in from my amp remote turn on wire and ground to the chasis?
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

Power seat help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power seat help.   Power seat help. I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2010, 4:32 pm

im not much of a wiring expert but do know a few things
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

Power seat help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power seat help.   Power seat help. I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2010, 9:46 pm

Any other thoughts? Im gonna try and do it this sunday. Also My GF is having a grad party for her son tomorrow so if any one wants to stop by you are more than welcome. its from 3-11:30 or later and we have 288 bottles and cans of beer!! Just give me a call or text for the addy. I'll be there around 7pm since i gots to work saturday. my number is 708-770-3892
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Power seat help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power seat help.   Power seat help. I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2010, 10:32 pm

Im pretty sure anything inside the car is 12V. Tapping into the cig lighter for power should work. If you tap into the one in the dash, then you will have power with the key on only which isnt a bad thing. Or you can tap into the 12V in the center console. Or move the fuse for the cig lighter over and inline with the rest of the fuses to make it powered all the time.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Power seat help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power seat help.   Power seat help. I_icon_minitimeJune 12th 2010, 1:18 am

why not just run a wire to the fuse block where the power seats attach in the cars that did come with it? you'll have your 12v, plus you can throw a fuse into the circuit for protection in case of a short... should really only be 2 wires, 1 from the fuse block to the seat, and one from the seat back to ground (ground being the body of the car or whatever)
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Power seat help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power seat help.   Power seat help. I_icon_minitimeJune 12th 2010, 2:25 am

Why not just give me your seats?
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

Power seat help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power seat help.   Power seat help. I_icon_minitimeJune 13th 2010, 8:29 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Im pretty sure anything inside the car is 12V. Tapping into the cig lighter for power should work. If you tap into the one in the dash, then you will have power with the key on only which isnt a bad thing. Or you can tap into the 12V in the center console. Or move the fuse for the cig lighter over and inline with the rest of the fuses to make it powered all the time.
If i tap into the one from the center console will that drain my battery? what color are the pos and neg wires?
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

Power seat help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power seat help.   Power seat help. I_icon_minitimeJune 13th 2010, 8:29 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
I'll trade u my seats for your seats and rims w/tires
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Power seat help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power seat help.   Power seat help. I_icon_minitimeJune 13th 2010, 9:00 pm

kaotik29 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
I'll trade u my seats for your seats and rims w/tires
lmfao!!!
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

Power seat help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power seat help.   Power seat help. I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2010, 7:12 pm

powers seats now have power!!! What a pain in the ass though.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Power seat help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power seat help.   Power seat help. I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2010, 7:14 pm

kaotik29 wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
If i tap into the one from the center console will that drain my battery? what color are the pos and neg wires?

Sorry, I just saw this post. It shouldnt drain your battery because you arent letting any juice through until you hit the switch to move the seat. Im not sure what color the wires are but there are only 2 so you can easily test them.
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

Power seat help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power seat help.   Power seat help. I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2010, 7:21 pm

Its cool joey. I got power from the aux outlet in the dash. I have my halo swithch right there so i got power from there and ground to the chasis. Everything works fine!! Thanks for the Idea bro!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Power seat help. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power seat help.   Power seat help. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power seat help.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Electronics-
Jump to: