Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO

Go down 
+5
DA H.N.I.C.
HiPwr
Shawn1112
Illinois Chaos
HEMI UP
9 posters
AuthorMessage
HEMI UP
CAMM Member
HEMI UP

HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO Empty
PostSubject: HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO   HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 2:33 pm

Any input looking to buy soon these tires will only run in the summer time INVO's a little more than the HANKOOK 's looking at wear and performace anybody roll-n on one or the other?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO   HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 3:12 pm

I just got the invo's last fall. I'm on rails in the curves and the ride is much better than the stockers. They ride nice and pretty quiet too. Don't have any idea of traction yet, too cold out.
Back to top Go down
HEMI UP
CAMM Member
HEMI UP

PostSubject: Re: HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO   HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 3:47 pm

Did you run them in the winter or put the ride up for the winter? what size did put on the ride? And if you don't mine how much
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO   HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 5:23 pm

Jerome you should pm Jontoad, he is the tire expert around here.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO   HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 9:01 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
I just got the invo's last fall. I'm on rails in the curves and the ride is much better than the stockers. They ride nice and pretty quiet too. Don't have any idea of traction yet, too cold out.

Keep us updated on the traction. I'm so sick of my RSAs, I may buy tires this year.
Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO   HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 9:49 pm

The INVOs on my car are hard as the steel they protect, but quiet as a mouse. 'course, I have them in weird sizes too and I don't drive very fast at all. They are a little strange looking, but I've been happy with them.
I've never driven Hankook's before.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO   HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2010, 7:33 am

HEMI UP wrote:
Did you run them in the winter or put the ride up for the winter? what size did put on the ride? And if you don't mine how much

Wed 24 Mar - 21:49

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The INVOs on my car are hard as the steel they protect, but quiet as a mouse. 'course, I have them in weird sizes too and I don't drive very fast at all. They are a little strange looking, but I've been happy with them.
I've never driven Hankook's before.

I never ran them in the winter, at least not in bad weather. Just 2 0r 3 times on clear roads. I put 275's on 9' rims in the front and 315's on 10' rims in the back.

Strange looking? Never heard it put quite like that before. lol, I guess so. Actually they are an award winning design. An artist designed the tread pattern on these tires. Nitto spent a ton on the r&d.
Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO   HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2010, 8:17 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:
HEMI UP wrote:

Wed 24 Mar - 21:49

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never ran them in the winter, at least not in bad weather. Just 2 0r 3 times on clear roads. I put 275's on 9' rims in the front and 315's on 10' rims in the back.

Strange looking? Never heard it put quite like that before. lol, I guess so. Actually they are an award winning design. An artist designed the tread pattern on these tires. Nitto spent a ton on the r&d.

I run 275/25/24 on my 24x9.5" front wheels and 295/25/24's on my 10.25" rear wheels and keep all 4 corners at 40psi. My ride/feel is probably a LOT different from yours also considering that my car is an AWD Magnum. Love the tires but, award winning design or not, they are a little strange looking. I'm not used to running a tire with two different tread patterns on each tire.
I got 'em last August and just started running them two weeks ago after my wheel rebuild.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO   HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2010, 11:48 am

Quote :
I'm not used to running a tire with two different tread patterns on each tire.

about 40% of the new tire market is asymmetrical tread designs. more and more company's are moving to that so get used to it.
the principal behind the design is that the outside 1/3 of the tire is designed with more solid tread blocks for dry cornering grip, the middle 1/3 is designed for water clearing, and the inside 1/3 of the tread is made with more sipes or smaller tread blocks for all season gripping edges. you get the best of all worlds in one tire.

examples of asymmetric treads are...

-Goodyear eagle gt
-nitto 420
-Yokohama yk520
-Yokohama trz
-Continental extreme contact dws
-Continental sport contact 3

just to name a few, there are tons of em.
Back to top Go down
northsiderz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO   HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2010, 1:58 pm

I ran the Hankook V12's on my last car for about 3000 miles.....and it wasn't pretty. The rear end would slip on perfectly dry pavement and was all over the place with any rain on the road. Since I'm a regular at Discount Tire they let me exchange them (just paid shipping on the new set) for a set of Yokohama's that I loved. They were great for wet or dry....summer tires only.

I hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO   HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2010, 3:30 pm

[/quote]

about 40% of the new tire market is asymmetrical tread designs. more and more company's are moving to that so get used to it.[/quote]

I think I will get used to it. The Wanli's I USED to run, although cheaper, were excellent!! I ran 'em all over the midwest............ thousands of miles.............but in water on the FIRST day I had 'em they were terrible!
Now with the INVOs I expect a much better tire in the 3 seasons that I drive with the big wheels on. So far I'm loving these tires, but the longevity test is the big one for me.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO   HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO I_icon_minitimeMay 13th 2010, 7:44 pm

I want to try a new tire .currently I have the nitto nt-05 .and I use the car as a daily driver..so they don't last that long...and I want a cool looking tire
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

PostSubject: Re: HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO   HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO I_icon_minitimeMay 13th 2010, 7:59 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:

Anything is better than the stock tires. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO   HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO I_icon_minitimeMay 13th 2010, 8:56 pm

cjresto wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

Anything is better than the stock tires. Laughing

Pretty much, but I didn't think the stockers were all that bad in handling, just in the wet and no traction on a hard launch. They were good for undercoating your wheel wells and rear quarter panel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO   HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HANKOOK -V!@ VS NITTO INVO
Page 1 of 1