Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jesse's strut bar installed

Go down 
+7
Iguanaman
irishrt5.7
jontoad
Illinois Chaos
eviltrycycle
jesse031081
Headtripp
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

Jesse's strut bar installed Empty
PostSubject: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 8:44 pm

Well today Jesse brought over the ride to install the strut bar. Looks real good and stiffens up the ride pretty good too.
Jesse's strut bar installed SDC13039
Jesse's strut bar installed SDC13041
Jesse's strut bar installed SDC13042

So easy a caveman can do it

Jesse's strut bar installed SDC13045

And now I know I need to get the ride lowered Jesse's is almost 2 inches lower so thats my next mod. Look at the difference
Jesse's strut bar installed SDC13049

Hey nice rims
Jesse's strut bar installed SDC13046
Jesse's strut bar installed SDC13047
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 8:48 pm

thanks again for your help it feels a lot better
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 8:49 pm

Any time my friend I think it went pretty well now I can do mine haha
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 8:53 pm

That looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 8:53 pm

Looking good Jesse. I ordered the Razors edge for Vortech. So I'll have a Mopar bar for sale shortly.

Last edited by Illinois Chaos on March 21st 2010, 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 8:54 pm

let me know when you wanna do yours, i can lend a hand
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 8:55 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
let me know when you wanna do yours, i can lend a hand

Ok, I'm still waiting for all that other crap too. Man everything is ssssssssslow.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 8:56 pm

i like the side by side pic since our cars are totally different but yet the same
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 8:59 pm

They look awesome!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 9:17 pm

looks great, the new rims look good too.

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Looking good Jesse. I ordered the Razors edge for Vortech. So I'll have a Mopar bar for sale shortly.

i have the vortech one too. had to get that to clear the airaid ram air scoop.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 10:01 pm

It looks pretty straight forward to install
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 10:08 pm

Looks good fellas... thanks for the invite... Fuckers...
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 10:23 pm

OK, gotta ask...

With all the crappy roads and potholes in this city/suburbs, how do you guys that run huge rims and/or lower the cars not worry about bottoming out or bending rims, or how do you avoid doing it?
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 10:25 pm

honestly i worry most about scooping up dead animals haven't had any other worries...
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 10:41 pm

Iguanaman wrote:
OK, gotta ask...

With all the crappy roads and potholes in this city/suburbs, how do you guys that run huge rims and/or lower the cars not worry about bottoming out or bending rims, or how do you avoid doing it?

you just don't hit stuff. I've had 20's on my truck for like 8 years. no problems. go slow over train tracks and don't hit potholes. don't hit curbs and stuff.

the rims i gave biggieboy were on my truck for like 4 years and the spin 100% true like they just came from the factory.

i honestly don't think big rims are for everyone and i have a lot of customers that can't avoid bending their normal sized rims. i don't understand how people hit all this stuff. wtf are they like on the phone and not watching the road all the time?

its just like the thread on the Z that is going right now where people are asking if there is anything they can add to the bottom of their SRT to stop catching the front end on curbs. i was like "don't pull over the fucking curb" and it got ignored.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 11:24 pm

Don't run over re-tread...... Jon can tell you how jacked my rim is. Sad
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 11:32 pm

Wow looks good Jessie,Oh and Dave,all you need to learn is to spot potholes earlier.That and once the rims are on,just take your time driving.I have 24's and the only small dent on my rims is the wife's fault. Other than that I have not hit anything
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 11:34 pm

[quote="Iguanaman"]OK, gotta ask...

With all the crappy roads and potholes in this city/suburbs, how do you guys that run huge rims and/or lower the cars not worry about bottoming out or bending rims, or how do you avoid doing it?[/quote] in my opinion our cars sit too high stock, I had a huge gap between the top of the tire and the bottom of the wheel well. 1.7 inches isn't gonna make to much of a difference if you hit something cause your car will probably still be messed up. Many cars come from the factory lower than mine
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 11:38 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
Iguanaman wrote:
OK, gotta ask...

in my opinion our cars sit too high stock, I had a huge gap between the top of the tire and the bottom of the wheel well. 1.7 inches isn't gonna make to much of a difference if you hit something cause your car will probably still be messed up. Many cars come from the factory lower than mine

I hear you on the wheel well gap...looks too big to me too.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 11:44 pm

you can get springs that lower your car from .75-2+ so its all on what your into. ive learned to take curbs and steep driveways different cause i know itll cost me
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 6:33 am

Congrats Jesse, it looks great. Now go clean that engine bay
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 10:08 am

looks great Jesse.... thumbsup

great job helping out vic!
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 4:51 pm

Looks great Jesse! Congrats!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jesse's strut bar installed   Jesse's strut bar installed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jesse's strut bar installed
Page 1 of 1