Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mr. Norms new location

Go down 
+2
HemiMag
otter1363
6 posters
AuthorMessage
otter1363
CAMM Pro
otter1363

Mr. Norms new location Empty
PostSubject: Mr. Norms new location   Mr. Norms new location I_icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2010, 9:33 pm

Went to get a Dyno tune and check the place out. Had some difficulties with my DSP and didnt get my dyno or tune my ride (bummer) but hoping Tim can get the issues worked out with Diablo so I can head back up soon. Had a bit of time on my hande waiting for Diable's world class service (3rd world class) to answer the phone or reply to email - took (no shit) four freaking hours to get DSP to respond/answer the phone. Any way, like I said had some time on my hands so I wandered around and took some shots of the facility. Right now it consists of a show room, a multi lift work shop, spary booth and detailing area and another building for the rough resto steps, cutting, welding etc and the Dyno. Hopefully I can get these pics posted with out problems.....

Mr. Norms new location ?action=view&current=IMG_0267
Back to top Go down
otter1363
CAMM Pro
otter1363

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Norms new location   Mr. Norms new location I_icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2010, 9:35 pm

ok, looks like I am photo post retarted here. If some one can assist I have like 35 pics...
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Norms new location   Mr. Norms new location I_icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2010, 9:37 pm

Hope this helps....

https://s765.photobucket.com/albums/xx295/otter1363/?albumview=slideshow

Mr. Norms new location Worthless
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Norms new location   Mr. Norms new location I_icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2010, 10:12 pm

Nice I can't wait to make it up there
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Norms new location   Mr. Norms new location I_icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2010, 5:31 pm

Thanks for posting up pics! NICE!
Back to top Go down
otter1363
CAMM Pro
otter1363

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Norms new location   Mr. Norms new location I_icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2010, 7:57 am

Thanks Ivan,

Guess if I was thinking - could have put the link up instead of trying to post each pic... That my friends is what too many Grey Goose on ice will do to ya (slurrp) -
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Norms new location   Mr. Norms new location I_icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2010, 7:22 am

otter1363 wrote:
Went to get a Dyno tune and check the place out. Had some difficulties with my DSP and didnt get my dyno or tune my ride (bummer) but hoping Tim can get the issues worked out with Diablo so I can head back up soon. Had a bit of time on my hande waiting for Diable's world class service (3rd world class) to answer the phone or reply to email - took (no shit) four freaking hours to get DSP to respond/answer the phone. Any way, like I said had some time on my hands so I wandered around and took some shots of the facility. Right now it consists of a show room, a multi lift work shop, spary booth and detailing area and another building for the rough resto steps, cutting, welding etc and the Dyno. Hopefully I can get these pics posted with out problems.....

Mr. Norms new location ?action=view&current=IMG_0267

Dale, so what do you think of the shop, the service, professionalism, expertise, etc?
Back to top Go down
otter1363
CAMM Pro
otter1363

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Norms new location   Mr. Norms new location I_icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2010, 10:36 am

The shops are set up very well. Separate building for the rough resto (frame off stuff) that includes rotisserie etc.. I would say they should have a very high reputation in the restoration field. The fellas I spoke with have done numerous vintage MOPAR restorations, including many many Mr. Norms cars. I even saw an old Land Cruiser being restored. The main building includes a separate area for finishing and painting. Again, restoration projects appear to be the main order that I saw here. Extreme attention to detail down to considering correct rivets being used in the hood hinges on one of the projects that were in process, very impressive. The crew in this area appear to be second to none and the workmanship I saw was straight up perfect. The website will tell you they have an average of 20 yrs experience and it shows. In the main shop, several projects were also currently in process. Mostly late modle builds including a new Mr. Norms Plum Purple Chally, several Mustang and Mopar builds in process, even what looked to be a '55 chevy pro street project. A pedders suspension was going in along with a supercharger on a Charger. I spoke with the fella doing the work on the car, he has partnered with Tim for some time and is also re-locating from GA with Tim to IL. I would not feel any hesitation in having the shop do any custom or installation work for me. The folks are extremely nice, easy to talk to regardless of what your experience is. The only thing perhaps lacking would be no machining capabilities on site.

Everyone was very friendly and the customer service is what you would expect from a top shelf operation. Hell, they even let me borrow their car to get lunch while they were working on my truck. I only wish I had a project they were working on instead of just tuning -
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Norms new location   Mr. Norms new location I_icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2010, 10:56 am

Nice write up. Wow, the Pedders install surprises me. I didn't even know they were an authorised Pedders installer.
Back to top Go down
otter1363
CAMM Pro
otter1363

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Norms new location   Mr. Norms new location I_icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2010, 11:04 am

I dont know if they are or not. They were replacing all the bushings, new springs and not sure what else... The tech. didnt flinch at the job ahead of him. The car was pretty stripped down when I saw it -
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Norms new location   Mr. Norms new location I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2010, 7:50 pm

I visited Mr. Norms today. Tim was gone, again. I spoke with his wife, Rhonda, and got the shop tour. She even came out to look at my car. Very nice folks there. That charger that Otter talked about was a frame with a body on a lift. The motor, suspension, rear cradle and everything is on the ground. I got to see some of the Pedders stuff. The sways are really huge compared to stock. No wonder it all costs so much. There was a brand new in the box Kenne Bell Blower. It's going in that same car. Lot's going on there.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Norms new location   Mr. Norms new location I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2010, 7:56 pm

I really want to make it up there soon one of these days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Norms new location   Mr. Norms new location I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mr. Norms new location
Page 1 of 1