Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question about headlights

Go down 
+3
HiPwr
ghost
Shawn1112
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Question about headlights Empty
PostSubject: Question about headlights   Question about headlights I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2010, 7:07 am

Will headlights from a 09 Charger fit my 06? I'm only talking about the housing, not the wiring and everything else. I want to put just the housing on my car and use all my existing lights.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Question about headlights   Question about headlights I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2010, 7:50 am

i know the tails won't shawn, but i don't know about the headlamps.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Question about headlights   Question about headlights I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2010, 7:55 am

I know that too, that why I'm wondering about the headlights. My headlights are a little beat up and I want to put new ones on with the grip kit. I found a guy selling his off his 09, for a great price!
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Question about headlights   Question about headlights I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2010, 8:18 am

They do sell kits that essentially buff out all of the cloudiness in the clear plastic. I've never tried them (I'd like to, mine are a bit cloudy), but the concept seems sound.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Question about headlights   Question about headlights I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2010, 8:35 am

HiPwr wrote:
They do sell kits that essentially buff out all of the cloudiness in the clear plastic. I've never tried them (I'd like to, mine are a bit cloudy), but the concept seems sound.

Them kits arent bad but I didnt have any luck with them on my fogs.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Question about headlights   Question about headlights I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2010, 10:16 am

HiPwr wrote:
I have seen those, but skeptical of them! For the price this guy is going to sell them to me for, I would rather have brand new ones.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Question about headlights   Question about headlights I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2010, 10:58 am

i think they will fit. there is no design change on any front end parts between those years. (no change in the radiator support, bolt locations, or fascia parts.)

if you want to keep your halos and all that why don't you just transfer the clear plastic piece onto your headlights backing. they are 3 pieces.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Question about headlights   Question about headlights I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2010, 11:00 am

also from what i have heard if you use the headlight polish it removes the UV protecton that is on the headlights that protects the light from turning yellow in the sun. so you have to replace the UV protection on the light after polish or you will be polishing them much more often to get rid of the yellowing.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Question about headlights   Question about headlights I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2010, 2:25 pm

jontoad wrote:
i think they will fit. there is no design change on any front end parts between those years. (no change in the radiator support, bolt locations, or fascia parts.)

if you want to keep your halos and all that why don't you just transfer the clear plastic piece onto your headlights backing. they are 3 pieces.
I'm keeping my halos, but I might have the inside of the housing painted to match my car. So I will have to re-install the halos.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Question about headlights   Question about headlights I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2010, 3:47 pm

Grab the new lights you can always resell them for more if they don't fit right
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Question about headlights   Question about headlights I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2010, 5:01 pm

Headtripp wrote:
Grab the new lights you can always resell them for more if they don't fit right
I knew I liked you for a reason, we think alike!!
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Question about headlights   Question about headlights I_icon_minitimeJanuary 7th 2010, 11:39 am

or you can always wet sand them then polish them.Yes you can do it,we do it to our Magnum headlights and they don't get yellow.....

Fireman2118 wrote:
I wish I had taken some before pictures so you all could see how dramatic a difference this has made in my head lights. They were so pitted, when the lights were on, it looked dusty as hell. I mean my lights were toast.
Here's how I fixed them up. They look like new now.

Note: Important to keep the lens wet when sanding. Wash away the excess grit and material that the sanding produces.

1. 600 grit wet/dry paper, wet sand. (side to side) keep paper clean and wet, wipe lens often.
2. 800 grit wet/dry, sand at 90 degree angle (up and down).
3. 1000 grit......... switch sanding direction 90 degrees each time grit changes. (side to side)
4. 1500 grit......... switch sanding direction 90 degrees (up and down)
5. 2000 grit......... final switch (side to side)

Sand until the finish is even.

6. use mequiars clear plastic polish or mequiars scratchX 2.0, apply with a pad connected to a power drill or an orbital buffer. polish, wax, buff.
Here are the results.

I saw posts by persons who said you could not polish these lights because they were coated. I'm here to tell you that it is not true. You can sand and polish, see for yourself!

Question about headlights DSCF0056-1
Question about headlights DSCF0057-1
Question about headlights DSCF0058-1
Question about headlights DSCF0059-1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about headlights   Question about headlights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about headlights
Page 1 of 1