Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum

Go down 
+19
Dartboy
bogieboy
AR-15QUEEN
chargerchick
cliff
HiPwr
AlterEgo
Hoodie
Illinois Chaos
ttruckinon
JBBCharger
Moparcharger07
irishrt5.7
ghost
liljoejoe54
jesse031081
Headtripp
Iguanaman
eviltrycycle
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum Empty
PostSubject: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2009, 3:28 pm

This will be the last cold weather CAMM gathering (hopefully) so I wanted to make it about cars since the show and racing season starts back up in April.

http://volocars.com/index.htm

I have been wanting to go to this place since the first time I saw some of the cars at the Chicago Auto Show. For those that don't know what it is: The Volo Auto Museum has over 300 classic cars on display all for sale! The Volo Auto Museum is home to the world's largest muscle car collection and the George Barris TV & Movie Car Collection.

Admission is:
$9 for adults
$7 for seniors, veterans with Veterans Universal Access ID and active personnel with military ID
$5 for children 5-12
free for kids under 5 and military personnel in uniform.

Special group rates are available. (I am checking into this for CAMM).

The Museum is located 50 miles Northwest of Chicago near the intersection of Routes 12 and 120 in western Lake County.
It almost to McHenry for those that have been over to AlterEgo and Headtripps house.

Meet at noon Saturday, March 20th

Attending

eviltrycycle
Iguanaman and boys

Last edited by eviltrycycle on March 23rd 2010, 9:55 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : date change)
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2009, 3:52 pm

ABSOLUTELY!!! Depending on the day...what day are you thinking of?

If you like classic muscle cars, this place is awesome. They also have show cars (the original TV Batmobile, the Ghostbusters ambulance, the Miami Vice Ferrari Daytona/Corvette, Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazzard) and most of the cars are either 60's and 70's muscle cars or classic 50's cars.

Of course, they don't have the Mad Max Interceptor, but no place is perfect, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2009, 3:53 pm

And March is my birthday. Smile
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2009, 3:59 pm

Its way to far for me hahahah

Really if this happens I will cook everyone dinner at my house how's that sound?
at least you will have somewhere to relax after all that walking. It really is not that big and you can make it through in about an hour and a half or so
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2009, 4:03 pm

id be up for this depending on the day
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2009, 4:23 pm

Sunday March 21st is what I am thinking but the date is open to change.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2009, 4:24 pm

Headtripp wrote:
Its way to far for me hahahah

Really if this happens I will cook everyone dinner at my house how's that sound?
at least you will have somewhere to relax after all that walking. It really is not that big and you can make it through in about an hour and a half or so

Lol yeah right Vic, you could probably hit that place with the mini canon you have in your garage since you live so damn close. Count me in.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2009, 4:24 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
Sunday March 21st is what I am thinking but the date is open to change.

Fuck, then im not too sure. I got another hockey league starting up sometime in January and not sure when it ends. Ill let you know for sure. I got 3 months to figure it out, lol.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2009, 4:32 pm

Joey you said you weren't doing hockey next year because you missed so many car shows. Smile

I can change the date I just need to know what day works for you guys.

And Vic that is awesome you will be willing to cook for everyone. I can help out if you like.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2009, 4:36 pm

I'd be out if it's March 13...that's my actual birthday.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2009, 4:43 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
Joey you said you weren't doing hockey next year because you missed so many car shows. Smile

And Vic that is awesome you will be willing to cook for everyone. I can help out if you like.

Im not playing in the spring or summer sessions. This session starts in a few weeks and should go to the beginning of spring so I will be free when Car Show season starts. And I need the exercise so I want to play, lol.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2009, 4:44 pm

I looked at the calendar before picking the date. I know when your birthday is mang don't sweat it. Smile
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2009, 4:44 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
eviltrycycle wrote:

Im not playing in the spring or summer sessions. This session starts in a few weeks and should go to the beginning of spring so I will be free when Car Show season starts. And I need the exercise so I want to play, lol.

Ah that explains it. We should all come watch you play once it sounds like a good time.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2009, 4:46 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:
eviltrycycle wrote:

Ah that explains it. We should all come watch you play once it sounds like a good time.

Lol yeah watch me lose my balance all game.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2009, 4:48 pm

Uh yeah.....
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2009, 4:50 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
I looked at the calendar before picking the date. I know when your birthday is mang don't sweat it. Smile

Thanks. Wink
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2009, 11:56 pm

Can't you try for a Saturday cause I hate sundays cause everyone has to leave early to work the next day No See what you can do O' mighty CAMM plannerette
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2009, 12:00 am

i am in, with this much lead time i can figure the work thing out. i also say saturday!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2009, 12:06 am

I can pick a Sat I will have to take off work or just come up later. Let me look at the schedule and I will let you guys know.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2009, 6:50 am

i love this place i have been there prob 15 times... went to a couple shows there also... pretty cool to see movie cars... and also to know there for sale...
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2009, 9:40 am

I'm TOTALLY down!!!

Funny, it's where the pic in my avatar was taken, feeling up the Marilyn Monroe car LOL
Back to top Go down
JBBCharger
CAMM Member
JBBCharger

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2009, 4:49 pm

I would do this. Been there once before and had a great day. In addition to the cars, there are also a bunch of antique shops (if you are into that sort of thing). Any Sunday or Saturday in March works for me.
Back to top Go down
ttruckinon
CAMM Pro
ttruckinon

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2009, 3:36 am

I might b able to make it i it's on a Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2009, 11:06 am

I'm in. I'd like to see their version of Kit and the Batmobile. Years ago when we were out on strike, I was working at a factory remodeling job in by the Naval base. The owner had a bunch of cars and Kit and the b-mobile were a couple that I drove out to clear out the area for prepping to remodel and paint. They looked really bad up close.
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2009, 10:41 pm

I'm definitely wanting to go to this one.. Sounds awesome.. Once we nail down a date and it gets a bit closer, I'll put if I can make it or not..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum   CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAMM March Gathering- Volo Auto Museum
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next