Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mod night at Shawn's

Go down 
+19
pebbles
blackhemi
Iguanaman
ChiTownHemi
Hoodie
irishrt5.7
jesse031081
HemiMag
liljoejoe54
Mad Hatter
DA H.N.I.C.
AlterEgo
HiPwr
Illinois Chaos
jontoad
ghost
AR-15QUEEN
Shawn1112
eviltrycycle
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2009, 4:09 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Joey knows how to put those on, he did his own.

Yep, I did mine and my brothers.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2009, 4:23 pm

HemiMag24s wrote:
Count me in as a Maybe!!!Most likely I'll swing by.I'll chip in for some pizza if thats what everybody is getting.

Ilinois Chaos Im willing to help on the HID as well...

Thanks. I'm pretty sure about what needs fixing. I want a second oppinion, and third fourth. lol.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2009, 7:05 pm

Ok, I have the Blastin' Bob's pipes on order. Bob told me it should take three days to get here.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2009, 7:52 pm

i think you'll be happy with them! its gonna sound great
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2009, 8:55 pm

x2 thats what i started w/ but for this hillbilly it wasnt loud enough... might be for the hunter though...
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2009, 11:35 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
HemiMag24s wrote:
Count me in as a Maybe!!!Most likely I'll swing by.I'll chip in for some pizza if thats what everybody is getting.

Ilinois Chaos Im willing to help on the HID as well...
This will be a miracle if you grace us with your presence!

You know too many family parties n we don't drink lightly lol...I will most likely make it there
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 10:44 am

I'll have to talk with the wife but this could be my first meeting with everyone. I need to install my remote kit for my halos.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 12:38 pm

Hoodie wrote:
I'll have to talk with the wife but this could be my first meeting with everyone. I need to install my remote kit for my halos.

She can come too..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 1:39 pm

I want to take my headliner out this day. Anyone want to help, Jon?????
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 1:43 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:

I gotta watch this. I want to do mine one day too.
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 2:17 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
Hoodie wrote:

She can come too..... Very Happy

I gotcha. That's the day her dad flies out so she'll be hanging out with him and dropping him off at the airport. Maybe after that she'll come by.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 2:53 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

I gotta watch this. I want to do mine one day too.
me tooo!
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 4:25 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:

Hmmmm...Interesting....From what I read you have to take off your windshield....Am I right???

Good thing I have a wagon.It came right out the back!!!If you go with suede go with Katskins so its UV protected and not polyester...Thats what I got!!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 4:38 pm

HemiMag24s wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

Hmmmm...Interesting....From what I read you have to take off your windshield....Am I right???

Good thing I have a wagon.It came right out the back!!!If you go with suede go with Katskins so its UV protected and not polyester...Thats what I got!!!
No, Jontoad took his out the back door. Why would you need uv protection on your headliner? The sun doesnt hit it
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2009, 7:40 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
HemiMag24s wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

No, Jontoad took his out the back door. Why would you need uv protection on your headliner? The sun doesnt hit it

arg... its a mod that was tough and i had no problem doing it to mine but it is not a simple mod. i don't know if i have the confidence to do it to someone else's ride. taking it out the side door is .... complicated. the foam supports on the back have to be cut and it has to be nicely folded with seats in certain positions. i wasn't very nice to my original headliner on the way out because it it had a small rip in it and i had a different one already wrapped to put back in...

if you can get someone to take out your windshield that is the way to go for sure.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2009, 12:43 am

I'll take out the fucking windsheild if thats the way to go. How hard can it be????
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2009, 10:26 am

Shawn1112 wrote:
HemiMag24s wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

If you going to do the whole deal like pillars A,B,C the sun will fade those up quick if you don't have some protection on them.You don't have to go with a certain brand I was just giving you my suggestion since I am running Katskins for well over a year with no problems...

As for taking off the windshield its really easy but installing it is a pain in the ass...Its really more worry of the seal.I'm sure with plenty of hand around its possible.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2009, 10:55 am

HemiMag24s wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
HemiMag24s wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

If you going to do the whole deal like pillars A,B,C the sun will fade those up quick if you don't have some protection on them.You don't have to go with a certain brand I was just giving you my suggestion since I am running Katskins for well over a year with no problems...

As for taking off the windshield its really easy but installing it is a pain in the ass...Its really more worry of the seal.I'm sure with plenty of hand around its possible.

any faux suede should be fine since its made for home use. (drapery and stuff) i used the faux suede i found with the most stretch in it that you could see finger brush strokes in the best when i went to joann fabrics.

my car sits in the garage most of its life anyways but there is no fade in it after one summer. it looks like the day i put it in.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2009, 4:21 pm

I am in for helping out for sure. I have no mods for my car. Let me know the food situation and if we dont order pizza, ill bring some burgers or hotdogs to cook up.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2009, 4:39 pm

I'm counting on you, Joey. My pipes are scheduled to get here on Thursday.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2009, 4:49 pm

HiPwr wrote:
I'm counting on you, Joey. My pipes are scheduled to get here on Thursday.

Fo sheezie my neezie. I just gotta make sure we have jack stands and a sawzall with a metal cutting blade.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2009, 4:53 pm

I think Shawn has stands, but I can bring mine if need be. I don't have a sawzall, though.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2009, 4:55 pm

someone has one cuz they were gonna bring it last time.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2009, 7:07 pm

I got a sawzall and jack stands. My jack kind of sucks though!
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2009, 7:10 pm

I remember your jack was kind of crummy, but it's small which is what it needs to be. The back end of the car isn't as close to the ground as the front, but it's still too close for my normal floor jack to get under.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mod night at Shawn's   Mod night at Shawn's - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mod night at Shawn's
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next