Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Place to go cruising

Go down 
+13
firestartr420
irishrt5.7
TheDarkKnight
Dalegit1
Iguanaman
Mad Hatter
AlterEgo
jontoad
Shawn1112
AR-15QUEEN
HiPwr
liljoejoe54
eviltrycycle
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Place to go cruising - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 7:18 am

TheDarkKnight wrote:
Mad Hatter wrote:
The LXers got Harrassed & Kicked out of Busse Woods this Time Last Year!
Oh yea you mean this.....watch the end if you never seen this before!
That was total bullshit its a public place they cant kick you out of there. You go there in the summer on sunday afternoons car clubs are all over the place. I'm sorry but I wouldnt have left especially with a cam corder rolling. I say we should go there again.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 8:40 am

Shawn1112 wrote:
TheDarkKnight wrote:
Mad Hatter wrote:
The LXers got Harrassed & Kicked out of Busse Woods this Time Last Year!
Oh yea you mean this.....watch the end if you never seen this before!
That was total bullshit its a public place they cant kick you out of there. You go there in the summer on sunday afternoons car clubs are all over the place. I'm sorry but I wouldnt have left especially with a cam corder rolling. I say we should go there again.

That's what I was thinking...head there again.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 8:44 am

Good to know on the kids...thanks.

Yeah, go figure...my boys are crazy about Hot Wheels cars, watching NASCAR, etc. Take 'em to a show, and they're all worried about where their next snack is coming from or playing their Nintendo DSs.

They're 6 and 8.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 9:51 am

WOW thats bullshit... unlawful gathering... come on they were just looking for bs
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 9:54 am

Here is a link next time lets organize it and then the cops cant say shit...

http://www.fpdcc.com/tier3.php?content_id=3&file=abt_3b
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 7:34 pm

im surprised nobody considered the Morton Arboretum... its the botanic gardens but for trees.... that would be a nice place for some pictures...
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 7:51 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
im surprised nobody considered the Morton Arboretum... its the botanic gardens but for trees.... that would be a nice place for some pictures...

That's not a bad idea. I can check into it. Give me a few days.
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 7:58 pm

My son drives me to almost every show or outing I go to.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3337/3661256299_7c52294fb4.jpg

He's a very good driver, very good driver.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 8:09 pm

Just got to see the video. That guy was certainly a dick. I don't know what he meant by "these kinds of cars" and I doubt very much that he could put anyone in jail.
Back to top Go down
Solow 300
CAMM Member
Solow 300

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 8:30 pm

Wow that's a shock I see were not the only one's that happend to. I know all to well about getting kicked out a forest preserve. It happend to us on several occasions and we took the proper steps to be there went a got a permit had security in some cases and they still kicked us out said we were have a car show when it was really a picnic. I know we can't controll who shows up but and as much as we tried to set rules in place there's always a few bad eggs that show up.I one case we went to a picnic before thrown by another club at foster and cicero it got out of hand the club throwing the picnic only had a permit for one grove and for only 250 and people and over 500 showed up and the forest preserve police came and was going to shut it down but let it go on anyways.The next weekend we were having our clubs picnic at a different forest preserve on the northside cause foster and cicero was burned out. we all met up a 9 am to set up and a few clubs had shown up before we could even get started they came and shut us down say they didn't want what happend last weekend to happen this weekend.They took our clubs banners and gave two of our members tickets and they had to go to court luckly one of the officer was cool and got it thrown out.We ended up have to go up to lake county and have our picnic a few clubs followed us up there.From what the sargent was saying in order for us to have a gathering like in the video we needed to have a special events permit which can only be held in certain forest preserves you have to have a million dollar insurance policy it only will cost 400 to get I know a place we did it once before and then you need to hire the forest preserve officers as security at 30 an hour.
Back to top Go down
Solow 300
CAMM Member
Solow 300

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 8:35 pm

HiPwr wrote:
Just got to see the video. That guy was certainly a dick. I don't know what he meant by "these kinds of cars" and I doubt very much that he could put anyone in jail.

please they wish they could put us in jail they were scared of us they called in chicago for back up cause they were about to get there ass beat.We refused to leave until the watch commander showed up and threw us out couldn't arrest us all.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 8:37 pm

I didn't see anything intimidating or even rowdy in that video that would justify such a reaction from that prick.
Back to top Go down
Solow 300
CAMM Member
Solow 300

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 8:45 pm

that's the way they are they feel like they got something to prove pulled up acting the same way with us.The sargent told us we couldn't have anymore picnics or gatherings in "his" forest preserve and if even sees one custom car in "his" groves he would have them impounded.He also said if we even as so much try to assemble in another grove he was going to call ahead and warn them to be on the look out for us. I know big ben lake is a good spot as long as you have a permit they will leave you alone.It's the same sargent but he doesn't come over there that often
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 9:14 pm

WOW. I can't believe that happened. They must not have anything better to do. Donut break over?

Anyhoo, I think the Morton Arboretum is a great spot! Good idea.
Back to top Go down
Solow 300
CAMM Member
Solow 300

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 10:18 pm

AlterEgo wrote:
WOW. I can't believe that happened. They must not have anything better to do. Donut break over?

It was funny they came in on some swat ish driving there cars through the forest trying to sneek up on us we had seen them the whole time.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 10:24 pm

Well, I'm surprised because maybe all of you didn't know each other and you were all having car trouble. LOL AND there seemed to be enough parking spots there so if that many people are not allowed to gather there why did they make so much parking??

I don't get it. So, if 400 random strangers gathered there and were all walking around, would THEY get kicked out, NO. STUPID STUPID STUPID!
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 10:27 pm

Welcome to government.
Back to top Go down
Solow 300
CAMM Member
Solow 300

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 10:33 pm

yes they would forest police are assholes they kicked a wedding party out of the forest preserve.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 10:35 pm

they must be pissed that they aren't REAL policemen
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 10:37 pm

I always wondered about those forrest preserve police driving around. I think I'll blow past one the next time I see one.
Back to top Go down
Solow 300
CAMM Member
Solow 300

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2009, 10:47 pm

we talked to them they claimed there real cops one of them gave my friend a hard time for having no front plate and he told the cop it was a show car he still insisted on writing him a ticket which pissed me off and I got in his face. He told me whoa bro no need to jump down my throat im from the hood to I asked what's that supposed to mean.
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2009, 12:17 am

Iguanaman wrote:
Good to know on the kids...thanks.

Yeah, go figure...my boys are crazy about Hot Wheels cars, watching NASCAR, etc. Take 'em to a show, and they're all worried about where their next snack is coming from or playing their Nintendo DSs.

They're 6 and 8.

I've brought my boys to a few shows but they're usually bored after the first 30 minutes so I quit doing it for the most part. Fiesta Days in McHenry was a great show for the kids though because there is a carnival area and outdoor eating where area restaurants set up tents. That's probably the only show I'll bring them to next year.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2009, 9:16 am

Solow 300 wrote:
we talked to them they claimed there real cops one of them gave my friend a hard time for having no front plate and he told the cop it was a show car he still insisted on writing him a ticket which pissed me off and I got in his face. He told me whoa bro no need to jump down my throat im from the hood to I asked what's that supposed to mean.

I have no doubt that they are real cops, but their jurisdiction is real limited. So, if I rip past them doing ninety, there isn't shit they can do unless I'm in a preserve.
Back to top Go down
Solow 300
CAMM Member
Solow 300

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2009, 10:02 am

HiPwr wrote:
Solow 300 wrote:

I have no doubt that they are real cops, but their jurisdiction is real limited. So, if I rip past them doing ninety, there isn't shit they can do unless I'm in a preserve.

pretty much or they may take your plate number and radio chicago pd to pull you over for speeding i still play it cool around them.
Back to top Go down
Dalegit1
CAMM Pro
Dalegit1

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2009, 9:21 am

Solow 300 wrote:
AlterEgo wrote:

It was funny they came in on some swat ish driving there cars through the forest trying to sneek up on us we had seen them the whole time.

Wow ... that's grimmy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Place to go cruising   Place to go cruising - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Place to go cruising
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next